ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision and Logitech collaborate on new GH:WT controllers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribalfreak  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AzZ wrote:
they better not make this guitar as bad as my xplorer...

same here, mine broke and the warranty was no longer good. if it works with gh3 legend of rock, perfect. plus i have it for pc.
orcaloverbri9  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, the detachable neck is a brilliant idea. It makes it much more portable (it's a serious pain in the ass bringing my X-Plorer anywhere) and allows for interchangeable faceplates. RedOctane just did a poor job with them last time. Hopefully the new guitar (I wonder what we're going to have to call this one?) will be better, though nobody I know in real life has had LP problems.

MrLarson: No, it said the first one would be available later this year. RedOctane is making great bundled instruments; Logitech is just making even better ones, with a matching price.
AzZ  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribalfreak wrote:
AzZ wrote:

same here, mine broke and the warranty was no longer good. if it works with gh3 legend of rock, perfect. plus i have it for pc.

my broke a lot of times, but i just opened it up and fixed it, and it's always quad strumming on me

it once quad strummed 3 times in a row in raining blood i just stopped playing right there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AzZ wrote:
tribalfreak wrote:
AzZ wrote:

my broke a lot of times, but i just opened it up and fixed it, and it's always quad strumming on me

it once quad strummed 3 times in a row in raining blood i just stopped playing right there.

wow mine is under a constant up strum. not hardware i checked. I'm just gonna guess the main strum bar chip's fried cause it all looks ok to me
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds great, but I don't expect the prices to be as cheap as some people hope. I would expect something from $300-$400 for this depending on the quality and, as great as this sounds, I will not be buying it unless it is a $20 or less price difference. I might not even buy the standard bundle and just use my rock band drums.

Price aside, I do expect some very high quality instruments coming from logitech.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my SG is holding up pretty good(whammy won't return to rest position, I need to do it manually).My SG and I have had good times(first expert FC, beating GH1,2,3,A for the first time, 5*s on Free Bird, etc.) Though, a new guitar will be better.
sigster1287  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I am pretty sure that the rock band drums won't work with this game bc there is another button or something so u are kinda screwed there
2. I think the only reason they are releasing this on ps2 is because the ps3 fucking blows... Everone knows that the ps3 sucks and is overpriced so like hellashes said it would not include alot of customers if they didn't release it on ps2.

I don't know if buying the instruments for this game will be worth it. I bought the extra aerosmith guitar just so I could just buy the disk and no instruments for WT.... I made that mistake with rock band...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sigster1287
GP69  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

relax everyone, this is Logitech...it's gonna be fucking awesome!!!

Even if they do make a detachable neck, chances are that there won't be any problems like the GH3 guitar.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
Necromac  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigster1287 wrote:
1. I am pretty sure that the rock band drums won't work with this game bc there is another button or something so u are kinda screwed there
2. I think the only reason they are releasing this on ps2 is because the ps3 fucking blows... Everone knows that the ps3 sucks and is overpriced so like hellashes said it would not include alot of customers if they didn't release it on ps2.

I don't know if buying the instruments for this game will be worth it. I bought the extra aerosmith guitar just so I could just buy the disk and no instruments for WT.... I made that mistake with rock band...

1 - I read somewhere that GH WT will be able to detect RB drums and will modify the chart or something...
2a - "Everone knows that the ps3 sucks" Really? I love my ps3, so your arguent looses, I am a person, therefore part of "Everyone".
So STFU and stop flaming consoles
2b - ps2 being popular doesnt neccesarily have anything to do with ps3 quality, there are eleventy billion people using them (I still use mine For GH1, GH2, and GH80s), it is just an EXTREMELY large and established userbase, why not publish on it?

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
STANDSwitTREES  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about console gaming but for pc gaming logitech makes top notch products such as their keyboards the g13 and g14 are top notch and their mice are awesome for fps games such as the mx518 they are so popular in the counter strike scene so i hope there gh products live up to there pc products then i will definetly get them
[x]beat ttfaf on expert
[ ] 5 star ttfaf on expert
[ ] beat tdwdtg
Imterrible  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO DETACHABLE NECK

vasopressin nasal spray

Think your better than me? Click here and find out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: evan pwns you
orcaloverbri9  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to know you have such an informed opinion.

Detachable neck != problems! Look, if being detachable made things bad, every single device you have to PLUG IN would have the same problem. That means that every single electronic device in your home should be breaking down due to the connector.

Guess what? They're not.

It is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT POSSIBLE to make a guitar with a reliable detachable neck, and I have full confidence that RedOctane has done so this time (yes, it's still detachable). Hell, the Wii Les Paul didn't even have the problems that seem to be common on the black one. If you can't get over it, even after the lack of reports of broken ones, you're more than welcome to use some other guitar and miss out on the new features.
tribalfreak  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANDSwitTREES wrote:
i dont know about console gaming but for pc gaming logitech makes top notch products such as their keyboards the g13 and g14 are top notch and their mice are awesome for fps games such as the mx518 they are so popular in the counter strike scene so i hope there gh products live up to there pc products then i will definetly get them

true, i have their R10 speakers and the X-540 surround sound, i still underestimated it! just because of the price, don't turn ur back on them, their better then you think, all you need i some extensions and your good to go. also have internet pro wireless mouse and keyboard, and i can't wait to c what they will bring up now with gh3 controller. they never let me down, and the customer service, so far the best i've been through
alu  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orcaloverbri9 wrote:
That means that every single electronic device in your home should be breaking down due to the connector.

easy there, fella.
[ ] Get 600k on One. (596k)
GuitarHeroFaLife  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pangbulle wrote:
I wonder how long this genre can go on releasing new controllers, surely the "perfect controller" will be made at some point?

The "perfect controller" is the SG in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: