ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision and Logitech collaborate on new GH:WT controllers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Activision and Logitech collaborate on new GH:WT controllers Reply with quote

SANTA MONICA, CA and FREMONT, CA – July 31, 2008

Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVID) and Logitech International (SWX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced a collaboration to develop and market premium instrument controllers for Guitar Hero® World Tour, the latest installment of the world’s best-selling music-based video game franchise, which ships this fall for the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Nintendo Wii®.

Logitech plans to offer premium instruments for each of these platforms, the first of which will be available later this year. Logitech’s products will be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour’s advanced feature set, allowing players to elevate their Guitar Hero® jam sessions to full-fledged rock concerts.

“Logitech is the leading producer of peripheral devices and the company is widely considered to be the gold standard for innovation and quality peripheral products,” said Charles Huang, vice president business development for RedOctane. “With Logitech, we know we have found the right partner who can deliver top-quality premium hardware that consumers have come to expect from Guitar Hero.”

“As huge fans of Guitar Hero®, we are very excited about the opportunity to bring the Logitech experience to the Guitar Hero franchise,” said Bruce Lancaster, vice president and general manager of Logitech’s gaming business. “A few years ago, Logitech refined the consumer steering wheel market with high-end controllers that enhance racing games. Now we are looking forward to elevating the market for premium music-based video game controllers in a similar fashion.”

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

About Logitech

Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision Publishing maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision Publishing and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

# # #

Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s Web site at www.logitech.com.

© 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

“PlayStation”, “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, the perfect GH controller yet to come?

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
Necrid  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aren't RedOctane supposed to be the best at making controllers?
NateMasticates  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good can't wait to see them and play on one!
GH80s Log [X]
GH3 El Jefe [X]
5* all of GH2 [ X ](FINALLY GOT SIX)
6* all of GH80s [ ](Play With Me@236,855)
5* all of GH3 [ ](The Way It Ends@298,601 and TTFAF@366,770)
iiswhatiis6  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah wtf i want RO. oh well, hopefully they fix the neck...
HandsomeDandy  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me the ps3 controller will be bluetooth.

no dongles!

HoodMod  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A: Fix the neck
B: The PS2 STILL gets this - LOL.

30-40 Expert FC's [X]
50 Expert FC's [X]
55 Expert FC's [ ] 52
TTFAF 5* [X]
TTFAF 650k [X] 672
AzZ  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they better not make this guitar as bad as my xplorer...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Begins praying for no detachable neck*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iiswhatiis6 wrote:
yeah wtf i want RO. oh well, hopefully they fix the neck...
I think you'll get RO aswell. They're just giving us more instruments to choose from!!(I hope)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like Logitech's controllers will be separate from the game.
Something like the Ion drums and Rockband
gob126  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be so many different instruments to choose from, surely one will actually be half decent.
Kilharae  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the news I though 'great finally a reliable controller' but as I thought about it I couldn't help but think that this is basically a statement of admission that all future guitar hero controllers will be as unreliable as the current ones, and that if you want a quality product you'll have to pay more.

Besides, the only thing that makes the current generation of controllers bad is the detachable neck. The leads corrode over time so that eventually an electrical signal fails to transmit. I hardwired my controller to fix the problem and I haven't had a problem since.

I suppose some controllers also have inconsistent accelorometers too, but I don't think that really changes anything as far as my point goes I.E, don't extort more money out of us by screwing us over in the first place.
pangbulle  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how long this genre can go on releasing new controllers, surely the "perfect controller" will be made at some point?
Verathis  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing what Logitech can do with these controllers.

pangbulle wrote:
I wonder how long this genre can go on releasing new controllers, surely the "perfect controller" will be made at some point?

I'd say the SGs were pretty perfect. The only thing that I like about the Les Pauls over the SGs is the faceplates. The Les Pauls are horrible in quality. I'm on my second Les Paul after getting my first one a month ago. The first one's strum bar broke and the second one is breaking. I'm not rough at all on these either. I was rougher on the SGs (and the Kramer too, which was good), and they lasted me over a year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: