SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: Guitar Hero Three Control Panel 2.0.4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ad134  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppis wrote:
The save file hack doesn't work for me...
I get the three beeps in the cutscenes in the start but it just always asks me to delete the save file.

Set it to hotkey mode, and make it do the beeps on the "press a button to start" screen.

FATCH0 wrote:
One question. After you execute the actions do I have to do anything else or is it saved from there?

You will have to run GH through the control panel (double right click on taskbar icon), and that's all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FATCH0 wrote:
One question. After you execute the actions do I have to do anything else or is it saved from there?

You will have to run GH through the control panel (double right click on taskbar icon), and that's all.[/quote]

Allright I did that but it doesnt let me open. They only way I can open is with 3d analyze. Is there a way to use this AND 3d analyze?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FATCH0 wrote:
Ad134 wrote:
FATCH0 wrote:

You will have to run GH through the control panel (double right click on taskbar icon), and that's all.

Allright I did that but it doesnt let me open. They only way I can open is with 3d analyze. Is there a way to use this AND 3d analyze?

That's... a good question. My guess is if you set your save hack to the key combo setting it might work, but I doubt the timer would because GHTCP might not be monitoring it. If you're using version 1.4, I can't even guess! I don't know how the new version of the save hack works yet.
Save hack aside, though, the game will run with all your changes. You just may need to use the "unlock all" cheat each time if the hack doesn't work.

Speaking of 1.4, I will be updating this guide to reflect all the (rather numerous) changes 1.4 introduced. I've just been busy lately. I'll get around to it!

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I have to quote myself to get you guys to read what I write...

MaXKilleR wrote:
--------------------Version 1.4 Log --------------------
Fixes the following bugs: Don’t remember, but if it was reported properly I fixed it.
New Features: IN-GAME CUSTOM MENU, Proper Tier scrolling through for all setlists, Mass Importer Reads song.ini, Demo Mode Switcher, Texture Explorer will load ALL textures in the game files, Silent Save File Hack, Song Preview, Korean Game Setting is an option now.

Note:
The Custom Menu is another great collaboration between GameZelda and I.
You would see it in the main menu of GH3 and you can access it just like any other menu item.
This is just proof of concept for now, since we only had a breakthrough last week and GZ managed to whip up the menu in a day or two.

You can modify the Demo setlists in the CP, and switch between the normal career/quickplay setlists and the demo ones with the Custom Menu.
You should backup your save file at this point because this may corrupt it. After editing the setlist you should manually save in the game or if that doesn’t work you would have to play without a save for now. Next version will have a proper setlist switcher between custom setlists you create with the CP.

You’ll figure out the Graphics (GFX) options in the Custom Menu by yourself. I DON’T WANT TO SEE A STUPID QUESTION LIKE “WHAT DOES THIS DO?”! Try it and see for yourself.
You can switch venues/stages with left/right or enter/green.
The boost in the CP sets the default settings in the Graphics Options in the Custom Menu so they are either default or all optimized for speed.

You can now have tiers in bonus and download setlists since I fixed the scroll problem (more like it was disabled by NS) and you can see the title of the first tier so they are just like the quickplay setlist now.

Texture explorer will now show textures in the PAK.XEN container files.
Make sure to back up the file if you plan to edit anything. If you plan to edit big files (especially global.pak.xen which is 80MB) make sure you have enough RAM because the program loads the entire file into RAM when rebuilding before writing to HDD.
It will take about 15 seconds for the explorer to find all the texture files (and there are A LOT MORE) so take your time (I made sure it won’t look like It’s frozen).
ALL TEXTURES ARE PROPERTY OF NEVERSOFT AND IT’S ILLEGAL TO SHARE THEM IN ANYWAY!

Mass Importer will only look through the top most directories of the path you give it (instead of all possible sub directories). This is less risky for failures. It will load the title and artist if it finds song.ini in the folder.

There is no more hotkey/delay save file hack. As long as you either patch your old save file or create a new one after loading the game settings, you will not be bothered with any corruption messages.

Song Preview is still in early stages, I only spend a day or two on it last month and then went on to bigger things. You can view original charts as they would appear in the game with hopo and starpower. The 6th gray note you would see, if you load original charts, is the hopo switch.
The scrolling will probably feel weird to most since it depends on your horizontal mouse position and it’s not like the other chart viewers out there. I made it work like a GH game so it draws notes on the fly without going through the entire chart. This will eventually become my song editor. I am planning to make a GH like game for my PDA (more like TTR) so I had that in mind while making this, to ensure that I can use it as base.
Here is just an idea how the notes will be scrolled through

row 1: 1---2---3---4---5-
row 2: --6---7---8---9---
You can change the beat size with the text box on the bottom bar (other buttons don’t do anything). Double right/left click change the drawing of the beats (scale by time or by beat) and note position (between or on the lines).

You have 6 game settings now thanks to Aspyr for adding Korean to V1.3 (which I didn’t even know about since it’s not in their documentation).
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that would be because some of us are irresponsible and try to answer questions we don't fully understand without actually reading the material available to us.

Duh.

Please don't be too frustrated!... I just haven't had the time to go over 1.4 yet and was basically answering the question based on what I knew of 1.32...

MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why no one even noticed the custom menu or the texture explorer, let alone the song preview.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually (and I suppose this is as good a place to discuss it as any), I did notice all of those. I'm not big into texture replacement, so that didn't intrigue me much (though it is cool that we've got access to just about everything now!).

The custom menu was really cool, and I'm surprised you and GZ figured out how to do something like that. Like I said, I haven't had much time to go through 1.4's new stuff, but I saw you put the speed boost in the menu, which tells me all sorts of things can go in there eventually. Very cool.

The song preview looks good to me, and I see it's set up for future updates with SP and HOPO buttons. I must admit I would prefer to have a scroll bar than have it scroll automatically with the mouse, but I haven't used it much, so maybe I just need to get used to it.

MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said, GZ and I had a breakthrough, so technically now we can change (and add) anything with a bit of time spent...

The song preview is drawn in real time while you scroll, so it was easy for me to base it off the mouse position. I started working on scroll bars but it's a lot more calculation, so I jumped at the first chance to do something else. There are a hell of a lot more features that I planned to add to it, but I have to find time to work on them.
Tnesper  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I delete a song from the Tier Songs list? NOT the Song List.
i.e. I deleted some songs from the song list, but now I need to remove them from the setlist (tier songs list)
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnesper wrote:
How do I delete a song from the Tier Songs list? NOT the Song List.
i.e. I deleted some songs from the song list, but now I need to remove them from the setlist (tier songs list)
Same way: double right click.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
superskunk  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got real big trouble.

First off all thx for the great guide and dont flame on my crappy english

I only tryed to add one custom song and put it into quick play -> tier one

first of all everytime i try to execute actions therse a fail in create tracklist ... everytime i try

where is the mistake

when i start up gh3 the song is listed where its supposed to be but when i try to run it the game crashes

any idea what could be wrong?

maybe someone would be so kind and give me a working chartfile ... to get the mp3 shouldnt be that problem .... any song you want only to let me try it out

i dunno what to do anymore, tryed a lot and spent mcuh time on it

thx for ya help

greez

EDIT!

I fixed that problem yes! I think my chartfile was broken ... anotherone worked fine for me

But now ive got another Problem everytime i restart the GuitarHeroControPanal ive to add the songs again because it wont save

am i doing something wrong here?

the last thing i do is execute actions and thats it
Snaki  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a little of topic but well well ^_^

Where do i find the notes (like green, yellow, orange etc.) in the texture explorer. Or isnt it available yet?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the guide to show changes in 1.4.

Sorry it took so long to update; I've been moving and birthdaying. Haven't been spending a whole lot of time on SH-related matters!

Snaki wrote:
Where do I find the notes (like green, yellow, orange etc.) in the Texture Explorer? Or are they not available yet?

They're certainly available; just about every texture in the game is accessible now. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you where they are. Just look around a bit and I'm sure you'll find them, they can't be too hard to find.
Or maybe someone else who has experimented more with textures can help you out?

MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday!

I hope the move goes out smoothly.

You will probably need to update the tutorial again very soon. V1.45 will have a few new features that change stuff to fix the v1.4 problems.

I would suggest to not edit any textures in a pak file (until next release), or backup any pak file you plan to edit (you should do this anyways), because I found some fundamental bug in my new pak library which may cause problems. Also, GZ found another major bug, which I have not found the time to look at, with rebuilding z_credits.pak. The game settings editor is based on my old pak library so it shouldn't have problems, but I completely updated everything now to work on my new libraries so I had a better chance to track down the bugs.
PRJownsYou  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: 1.4 Problem Reply with quote

The 1.4 Update has been a great improvement and I look forward to the next one but here is my issue. My GHIII crashes more then half the time I try to play a custom song. Most of the time i can start up the game and everything runs fine, but then when i try to add a new song or something it seems to make all the custom songs not work, not just the one i just added. Why is this? Is it just Vista being dumb or what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: