Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: Guitar Hero Three Control Panel 2.0.4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiratePrince  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I already have the 1.31 patch. Think you could link me to the 1.3 patch? Do I even need the 1.3 patch as well? Also, where in my control panel would I check to make sure it isn't already running in the background?
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiratePrince wrote:
I just realized that I already have the 1.31 patch. Think you could link me to the 1.3 patch? Do I even need the 1.3 patch as well? Also, where in my control panel would I check to make sure it isn't already running in the background?

For your control panel, just hit ctrl+alt+del and then hit "start task manager". It will show you a list of all the programs running on your computer at that given time. If you see GH3PC, then highlight it and hit "end task" to shut it down. This might also come in handy if the game decides to crash on you every now and then.

As for the patches, preeeeeeeety sure 1.3 doesn't work anymore. But here's a link:

http://www.shacknews.com/file/24191/guitar-hero-3-retail-13-patch

You can easily find other links on the net if that one doesn't work for you for some odd reason. I had the same issue you are having now and 1.31 actually fixed it for me.
PositiveKarma  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, been at this for about 2 hours now. Where are my game settings saved? I cannot find them and I don't know where else they would be besides the install path (D:\Game Installations\Aspyr\Guitar Hero III\) and the Aspyr folder in My Documents.

Really frustrating and all I want is some custom songs!

Thanks guys,
Mike
vipersnake52  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like custom songs. I have 1.31 and did everything that this tutorial said, i read it all. But it aint workin.

Any updates?
BlackSteel  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've got a problem here. It's been a while since the last time I added a custom song and I tried today but the GHTCP crashes after I click the accept button in the disclaimer
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while waiting to get my game fixed (I'm getting a GH3PC Start Up crash, just in case anyone is interested to know) I figured I'd get a couple of custom songs ready. So I downloaded a couple charts (One of them a .chart file, the other a .midi), and opened up GHTCP. The first song, the .chart file, worked fine and I imported it into a setlist no problem, but the second one, the .midi, gave me this error

"Game Track cannot be parsed
Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Welp.
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX wrote:
Well, while waiting to get my game fixed (I'm getting a GH3PC Start Up crash, just in case anyone is interested to know) I figured I'd get a couple of custom songs ready. So I downloaded a couple charts (One of them a .chart file, the other a .midi), and opened up GHTCP. The first song, the .chart file, worked fine and I imported it into a setlist no problem, but the second one, the .midi, gave me this error

"Game Track cannot be parsed
Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Welp.

.midi files should be able to work, but a solution would be to download the FeedBack chart creator:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68938

Once downloaded, save your .midi file in the feedback/songs folder, then open feedback, press ESC and load chart, load the midi file and then just press esc again and then save. It should save it as a .chart file which you can then import with GHTCP.

If that doesn't work the chart is fucked up.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I got it. This was a FoF chart, and it had drums, vocals, etc. charted. After deleting those and making a separate .mid for it, it worked beautifully.
subshadow  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is my cult of personality called credits?
GrayBonE  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Custom songs Reply with quote

Sorry, if this is not the right place to ask but i have a question about the control panel.
Can you create songs/songlist with "XEN" files?
I have downloaded a custom pack for gh3 with alot of great songs, but when i "install" this pack the game crash..
So, i thought i could ask here if there is a way i can use the files i the songpack to create my own tier/setlist with the control panel?

The files in the pack have names like "abovewinter.dat.xen" and "abovewinter.fsb.xen" in MUSIC folder and "abovewinter_song.pak.xen" in SONG folder.

Can i use it??????
xXerSamuXx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem, my gh3 crashes when I fail a custom song.
I discovered that it crashes when I fail a normal gh3 song too.
any solution??

Thanks
HungMob  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

I have finally bought the GH3 PC and now I can't get anything to work anymore. I can get past all of the intro stuff until it gets to where it is loading content. Once it loads the content, crash!

I have updated it to the 1.31 patch update.

If someone could assist me here or at least point me in the right direction, I would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote

HungMob wrote:
I have finally bought the GH3 PC and now I can't get anything to work anymore. I can get past all of the intro stuff until it gets to where it is loading content. Once it loads the content, crash!

If someone could assist me here or at least point me in the right direction, I would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

I had this problem too. Found out it was crashing because I had too many customs loaded into the game. If you have a ton of them, might try deleting a few out of the playlists to see if that helps.
HungMob  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
HungMob wrote:

Thank you!

I had this problem too. Found out it was crashing because I had too many customs loaded into the game. If you have a ton of them, might try deleting a few out of the playlists to see if that helps.

I just started it with a new game. No custom songs have even been added yet. Basically, it's brand new.
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound redundant, but your computer IS able to run the game correct? As in, your specs are up to date, not just the minimum. If you are running minimum, then you might want to try to use 3DAnalyzer to run the game. It might be causing your computer to run to hard (if that makes sense, I can't think of a better term right now) and causing the game to close down.

Other than that, I wish I could help you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 39 of 43

Jump to: