Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
cross-console double neck - painted and done
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slagr  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: cross-console double neck - painted and done Reply with quote

EDIT: ignore this post. this was my original idea which is obviously a fail. the first relevant post is the one with big pictures.
This post (Page 3)

page 1: brainstorming
page 3: cutting
page 5: no paint assembled
page 7: partially painted
page 8: rockband coincidence
page 9: let's toss PS3 functionality in there
page 10: i screwed up man... also "finished" pics

i had an idea for a wireless guitar that worked with the 360 and ps2... i figure in order to do this i'd either have to split the cable that goes to the output transmitter,* or splitting every cable individually.

which of these methods, if either, would be possible to do? and would splitting the output cause it to have a weaker signal?

if it matters, i'd be putting the transmitter from that white strat-looking guitar for ps2 into a 360 les paul.

i'd like to stick a wiimote in there eventually as well, if possible.

that seems kind of confusing... but i don't know how else to say it questions are welcome, answers are more than welcome.

*awful verbiage

Last edited by Slagr on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:05 am; edited 15 times in total
Noowm  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i had this idea awhile ago and looked into it and you cant just wire both of the wirless transmitters to the same logic board. you are going to have to put both logic boards into the lp and there ya go. ohh and then once you do that you gonna run into the probem where the logic board has its own fret board that it works for so your gonna have to make a custom fret board so have fun with that too lol. i have all of this figured out so if you need to kno anything just pm me

BriGuy wrote:
Most other mods that I do involve using a screwdriver and a soldering gun. I have an idea for a mod for this thing that only requires a hammer.

ROFLMFAO
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could i do a doubleneck rather than double frets? and how hard is it to fuse a LP and a RO wireless? i've never seen a doubleneck with anything but 2 SGs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his could end up either really cool or could be a total mess. And I don't think ur gonna be able to get ur wiimote inside of one of those things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 081719038021
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the rough plan i guess. no wii because i don't think i could handle a triple neck. i'll try finding some tutorials on double neck making and will post updates here, if my parents even let me do this.

the approximate gut view with my photoshop skills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a good idea and the only 2 ppl on here that i kno of that have made a double neck guitar pry wont give away any secrets about this because they sell them. this will be easier depending because this way will just be all body work and you pry wouldnt need any help with this because there is no wireing unless you want to wire the start and select buttons together and you have the basic idea down on the body down just cut it how you want then epoxy it together and bondo the seem. as far as the wii goes you would just have to put the board in cuz i think it uses the same frets as the 360 LP. so in the end it will look cooler then wat im doing but i prefer to do wireing and your idea is also cheaper lol

BriGuy wrote:
Most other mods that I do involve using a screwdriver and a soldering gun. I have an idea for a mod for this thing that only requires a hammer.

ROFLMFAO
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've asked born2bounce about it.

also, the hardest parts will be cutting new holes for the LP whammy, sync button and headset port. (i think i'll be ok without the phone plug)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:
i've asked born2bounce about it.

also, the hardest parts will be cutting new holes for the LP whammy, sync button and headset port. (i think i'll be ok without the phone plug)

first, for the whammy bar just keep that part of the lp like in that pic you did

second, you need the phone plug so you can talk to your guitar while your tyring to fc ttfaf on expert

BriGuy wrote:

ROFLMFAO
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't keep that part of the LP unless i joined the halves on a curve rather than a line, which seems much harder.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:
i can't keep that part of the LP unless i joined the halves on a curve rather than a line, which seems much harder.

no cut the RO on the straight line like you have up there and then cut the other line on the LP but leave the whammy part connected to it and then cut out some on the RO so that it will fit because otherwise you will have to cut the whmmy bar part out of the LP anyways then place it into the RO becuse you need the pices on the inside to hold it in

BriGuy wrote:

ROFLMFAO
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good plan. i'll do that. what do i use to cut/join the pieces?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:
good plan. i'll do that. what do i use to cut/join the pieces?

to cut it i would use a dremel but you could use a saw. i would also put some tape down so you have a guidline so you can get it as straight as possible. now to join it, use epoxy. im not sure how the others did it but i think getting it between the 2 pieces and on the bottom would be good. then on top use some bondo (you can get it at places like advanced auto parts) to fill it in then just sand it smooth and paint

BriGuy wrote:

ROFLMFAO
Slagr  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is just to show what the finished product will look like. (it will not be grey- my les paul happens to be that color at present) for anyone skeptical, the guitars will line up with few gaps. it also showed me that i will have to cut the LP back/select button holes as well.

and yes, i did reorder my LP frets; think Pink Floyd'sDark Side of the Moon, not rainbow unicorns.

edit: forgot the LP whammy... it'll be in there

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:

this is just to show what the finished product will look like. (it will not be grey- my les paul happens to be that color at present) for anyone skeptical, the guitars will line up with few gaps. it also showed me that i will have to cut the LP back/select button holes as well.

and yes, i did reorder my LP frets; think Pink Floyd'sDark Side of the Moon, not rainbow unicorns.

edit: forgot the LP whammy... it'll be in there

that looks good i would mold in the RO's pickguard tho for some reason lol

BriGuy wrote:

ROFLMFAO
Slagr  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gonna try and stick the LP faceplate and the RO pick guard together probably.

another thought: i'm gonna find a battery case for some broken gadget that will fit the ps2 wireless adapter thing for the RO and stick it on the back somewhere.

edit: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72810

Last edited by Slagr on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: