ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guide to What Is and Isnt viewed as cheating.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
It's kind of scary how much ScoreHero knows about LSD and/or other illegal drugs.

Why? It's 100% harmless.

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
It's kind of scary how much ScoreHero knows about LSD and/or other illegal drugs.
My opinion on the matter: if it's illegal anywhere (i.e. if someone else can't use it because it's illegal), then it's illegal to submit it to ScoreHero.

That's a silly position to take. You know, I could murder someone while playing Guitar Hero, enter my score before I get arrested, and it'd be totally fine.

WhYYZ wrote:
Drugs should only be used for medical pain relief or recreational use.

Bad news guys, GH/RB isn't recreation anymore. Serious hardcore FCers only now!
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Marbler wrote:

Why? It's 100% harmless.

Not completly true.
If you aren't feeling well, are chronical depressed or schizofrenic then,it might backfire and result in a horrible experience which you can't escape...

But, besides that it's as harmless as a... well something that's harmless.

PiemanLK wrote:
Bad news guys, GH/RB isn't recreation anymore. Serious hardcore FCers only now!

That's true....What's next? Injecting steroids in your fingers and wrist to increase your speed?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dumbest discussion i have ever seen on this site, which has chronic (lol, weed) problems with super fucking dumb discussions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split on this.

First, and foremost, I am firmly against the use of any illegal substances -- marijuana, LSD, cocaine, methamphetamines, etc.

However, if you make the poor decision to use these substances, and are able to FC things under the influence of said substances, then it shows you were physically capable of obtaining the FC anyways.

Then again, at my high school's Grad Nite we had a hypnotist who got one guy to do jumping pushups which he was physically unable to do when unhypnotized, so I dunno.

Overall I just say don't use the stuff, and don't submit scores that you got while using it. I can't physically restrain you and stop you from submitting them, and I likely can't convince you not to use these things, but it's my opinion.
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
CristianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Matt276 used painkillers to FC TWiE, then it goes off to LSD and other stupid drugs...........Wtf is the matter with you guys? >_>
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CristianHero wrote:
I said Matt276 used painkillers to FC TWiE, then it goes off to LSD and other stupid drugs...........Wtf is the matter with you guys? >_>

The discussion was started with LSD, lol.

I agree with smoky though, very stupid discussion. I'm only here to dispel misconceptions.

Perre  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a stupid discussion, it's just a matter of how serious you're about GH.

So there are drugs which will increase your stamina and have an effect on your overall performance, if this was a real sport those would obviously not be allowed.

And no, noone will know if you used any drugs while getting a FC. Same goes for any FC without proof on video as photos can easily be photoshopped. It's a matter of honesty and I think most people FC stuff for their own enjoyment and not to get recognision on an internet forum.

LSD is irrelevant.

I'm don't really like apologizing for my sometimes poor english but if my point doesn't go through then I guess I have to.
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this discussion may be straying from the original topic, I am finding it very interesting
I've never combined LSD and GH, but my experiences with them separately suggest they wouldn't combine very well. There are other drugs, legal and illegal, that would though I'm sure.
The points raised about illegality in different states/countries raises another question though - I find myself playing better after a cider or two (not more than 2 or iget really bad really quickly) - should this be considered cheating since many scoreheroers are underage?

I'd also like to mention my surprise at the venom of some of the anti-drugs comments. I think a few commenters should read up on the subject a bit further than some "winners don't use drugs" slogans.

And on the subject of playing after a wank, the endorphins released will act as a calmative, possibly reducing the likelihood of choking due to stress, so the point was valid. In fact I may experiment with this
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeryMetalChewie wrote:
While this discussion may be straying from the original topic, I am finding it very interesting
I've never combined LSD and GH, but my experiences with them separately suggest they wouldn't combine very well. There are other drugs, legal and illegal, that would though I'm sure.
The points raised about illegality in different states/countries raises another question though - I find myself playing better after a cider or two (not more than 2 or iget really bad really quickly) - should this be considered cheating since many scoreheroers are underage?

I'd also like to mention my surprise at the venom of some of the anti-drugs comments. I think a few commenters should read up on the subject a bit further than some "winners don't use drugs" slogans.

And on the subject of playing after a wank, the endorphins released will act as a calmative, possibly reducing the likelihood of choking due to stress, so the point was valid. In fact I may experiment with this

I'd say drinking cider wouldn't be cheating because a) the benefit only applies to you and b) if a ScoreHero is underage, chances are they're not going to be high up in the rankings.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeryMetalChewie wrote:

Those of us who know the actual facts will always just have to learn to deal with the ignorance of the majority. They refuse to believe the studies and research that have proven LSD (and almost all psychadelics) to be 100% safe.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
I'd say drinking cider wouldn't be cheating because a) the benefit only applies to you and b) if a ScoreHero is underage, chances are they're not going to be high up in the rankings.

wow, this seems very ignorant. If anything, I'd say the vast majority of SH is underage. Ace, Danny, frank, mike, etc... even you and I are underage, I'm sure. Also there's the issue of different drinking ages for different countries, bringing us back to the "if it's legal somewhere, why would it be illegal on SH" argument. (Which reminds me that mike is canadian and is therefore of age... :p) Anyway my point was that a lot of the top players are in fact relatively young, so claiming that underage drinking wouldn't affect the rankings much (assuming that drinking has some sort of positive effect on playing) makes no sense. Also, if something only benefits you, does that make it ok? Seems like in a way that might be considered an unfair advantage... What if someone takes some exotic mushroom or something and sees/experiences the world at half speed? Seems like that'd give quite the advantage to me. Anyway I'm just rambling at this point...

fudrick wrote:
Those of us who know the actual facts will always just have to learn to deal with the ignorance of the majority. They refuse to believe the studies and research that have proven LSD (and almost all psychadelics) to be 100% safe.

So no harm can possibly come from hallucinations? I'm not saying you're wrong about LSD itself having a harmful effect, but I'm sure that you could be a danger to yourself and others while on it... but I really wouldn't know how much control you'd have since I've never actually taken LSD. >_>
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
if a ScoreHero is underage, chances are they're not going to be high up in the rankings.

Seriously, this is a very very stupid statement.

alexhaz64 wrote:
So no harm can possibly come from hallucinations?

Well, yes harm could come from hallucinations, but that's why it is the tripper's responsibility to be certain s/he is in a safe and controlled environment. Literally any activity can cause harm if done in conjunction with another activity which, when done together, places the person in danger. Such as texting and driving. Does this mean texting itself is harmful? No, it means that the texter should use discretion when deciding when to text and not do it while driving. As far as hallucinations causing people to think they can fly and jump out windows and such, that really doesn't happen; it's a myth. I don't think you were trying to say that something bad happening while on LSD = LSD is bad, but I figured I'd get all this out there anyway.

alexhaz64 wrote:
I'm not saying you're wrong about LSD itself having a harmful effect, but I'm sure that you could be a danger to yourself and others while on it... but I really wouldn't know how much control you'd have since I've never actually taken LSD. >_>

On a normal dose you have pretty much full control. You might not have much control over your laughter or saying weird things, but as far as anything that could put you in danger, you certainly would.

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Fud your Freebird post is going to be about drugs. What would we ever do without you? <3

I usually just thought that cheating would be doing something to the Guitar or game to change input... Doing something to your body won't change your input, because it's your body that commands the input in the first place!

Also, just wanna throw this out, I won't be a -legal- drinker for another 6 years, but I'm first place on several dozen songs on several games. :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
fudrick  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Haha Fud your Freebird post is going to be about drugs. What would we ever do without you? <3

Meh, most likely not. I was going to FC TTFAF for it but I've been posting a lot more than usual recently, and I neither feel like playing it now nor holding out on posting until I do feel like playing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27

Jump to: