ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guide to What Is and Isnt viewed as cheating.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5, that was definitely not a common post.

You manage to undig a topic, speak about jacking off, do a pun, and putting your message instantly in your signature. Not sure if I'm impressed or not, but that was... pretty unusual.

Back to the undigged topic, I do pause for checking paths, and things prioritary, like answering phone (well may not be prioritary if i'm on a difficult fc haha)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Back to the undigged topic, I do pause for checking paths, and things prioritary, like answering phone (well may not be prioritary if i'm on a difficult fc haha)

I do this too. no worry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol np

and i do this too, at pauses and stuff. I usually don't pause on wor because stupid auto rewind bothers me for some reason.
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the thread says that we cannot submit scores cross-platform, but what about the DLC on PC? I am one of those people who unfortunately never really had the chance for DLC on the 360 because I wasn't allowed to have Xbox Live until the very end of DLC, and at that point had stopped playing GH unfortunately. I now play GH practically every day. I have the GH3 DLC charts that are a part of the setlist on Plumato's Google Drive. Can I submit scores of that to scorehero? They don't have the place to submit PC, so can I submit them under Xbox? (I think the DLC charts are all taken from Xbox). Since they are all imported charts, shouldn't the points be exactly the same then (which is why we can't submit 360 scores on PS3)?

PS, if anyone can do a license transfer for me, or however it works, I would be forever grateful.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixstringcal wrote:
So, the thread says that we cannot submit scores cross-platform, but what about the DLC on PC?

Technically illegal as there's no "legit" way to get DLC on to the PC version. But I doubt anyone would have noticed if you hadn't posted it here first ^.^

The cutoffs are different for some songs on the PC version. I'm not sure if that effects imported DLC. But there are other factors, such as the higher framerate making input latency smaller, that make certain platforms easier/harder. There are a few reasons for segregating the platforms.

In conclusion, you probably shouldn't submit scores for the wrong. But there's nothing wrong (to my knowledge) with you posting scores on an achievement thread.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personnally I decided not to enter any score I get on GH3PC.

First off, higher FPS means easier FCs, so I don't consider it "legit" to enter a GH3PC score on anything but PC plateform.
Second, even considering PC games "FPS uncapped", with Exilelord's mod I have cheat whammy, which basically gets 100% whammy if I just keep it away from usual position.

Now, even if some don't consider it "legit", no one is going to be angry if you do so I think, except if you go for squeezing and get like top 3 on a song which "cheats". So if you just want those fancy green 100%, it should be ok

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are using the select button as whammy and star power pedals legal?

Since Windows hasn't supported analog mode since Windows XP, meaning that I would not be able to use a whammy bar with my SG, I would like to use a USB keyboard as a de facto star power pedal, and the select button as a whammy bar. The original idea was to have the keyboard be a whammy pedal, but I decided that would be too much of a hassle.

The reason I ask is because I have ordered GH3PC.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Are using the select button as whammy and star power pedals legal?

Since Windows hasn't supported analog mode since Windows XP, meaning that I would not be able to use a whammy bar with my SG, I would like to use a USB keyboard as a de facto star power pedal, and the select button as a whammy bar. The original idea was to have the keyboard be a whammy pedal, but I decided that would be too much of a hassle.

The reason I ask is because I have ordered GH3PC.

That'd almost certainly be fine, seeing as star power button mods are so common.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also aware of the "one input per player action" rule, as in using a hi-hat pedal. So I think the same applies here.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
First off, higher FPS means easier FCs

Can someone explain how this makes FC's easier? I've suspected that it's easier to FC stuff on PC but never really got why. Why does the higher FPS make it easier to hit stuff?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:
Naruto42 wrote:

Can someone explain how this makes FC's easier? I've suspected that it's easier to FC stuff on PC but never really got why. Why does the higher FPS make it easier to hit stuff?

In most game engines, the framerate is dictated by how many times the program is able to loop per second. This will include a number of functions that the game performs, including rendering the screen, playing audio and receiving inputs. At a high FPS, the program is running many more times per second. So the receiving input function is run more times. Making it more responsive and more accurate.

The reason this makes FCs easier (and squeezing MUCH easier) is because it effectively makes the hit windows easier to judge. On consoles, the game is locked to 60fps I believe, meaning that inputs can never be more accurate than a 60th of a second. If you're using a wireless guitar, you then have variable input lag to deal with, which reduces the accuracy even further. If you have 1000fps, you have accuracy to within a millisecond. On console, you may hit a note that is percieved as outside of the hit window at 60fps, but may be inside if it falls somewhere in between two frames. At a higher fps, the game will be able to tell if it was in fact within the hit window, as it is less likely to need to round off the input time.

Hopefully you understand what I mean. I'm horrible at explaining technical things

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
Hopefully you understand what I mean. I'm horrible at explaining technical things

Thanks, I think I get it. So, on console, the game is only accurate up to 60ms. Therefore if you hit a note 61ms early/late, it has the potential to be just as bad as if you hit it 119ms early/late. Even if 61ms would have technically been "within" the timing window, the game might register it as not. Whereas on PC with some ridiculous fps you get to enjoy the full range of the timing window (or 99.99% of it).

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:
GingerBraFace wrote:

Thanks, I think I get it. So, on console, the game is only accurate up to 60ms. Therefore if you hit a note 61ms early/late, it has the potential to be just as bad as if you hit it 119ms early/late. Even if 61ms would have technically been "within" the timing window, the game might register it as not. Whereas on PC with some ridiculous fps you get to enjoy the full range of the timing window (or 99.99% of it).

Pretty much, yes. Though it's technically a 60th of a second, rather than 60 ms

suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
ihatebarracuda wrote:
Naruto42 wrote:

In most game engines, the framerate is dictated by how many times the program is able to loop per second. This will include a number of functions that the game performs, including rendering the screen, playing audio and receiving inputs. At a high FPS, the program is running many more times per second. So the receiving input function is run more times. Making it more responsive and more accurate.

The reason this makes FCs easier (and squeezing MUCH easier) is because it effectively makes the hit windows easier to judge. On consoles, the game is locked to 60fps I believe, meaning that inputs can never be more accurate than a 60th of a second. If you're using a wireless guitar, you then have variable input lag to deal with, which reduces the accuracy even further. If you have 1000fps, you have accuracy to within a millisecond. On console, you may hit a note that is percieved as outside of the hit window at 60fps, but may be inside if it falls somewhere in between two frames. At a higher fps, the game will be able to tell if it was in fact within the hit window, as it is less likely to need to round off the input time.

So is the 60 fps number the same on all consoles and all GH games? I know the timing windows are different on the gh1 engine, gh2/80's engine/gh3 engine/wt engine, etc...but are the FPS still the same? I honestly have no clue, just trying to understand this stuff.

And when you say "the inputs can never be more accurate than a 60th of a second" how perceptible is that? Sometimes I hit identical front ends when I'm grinding on a song and one will miss and one will hit. Is that just due to the ~17ms?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAL games on PS2 run at 50fps. PAL Wii games may run at 50fps, not sure. Pretty sure 360 and PS3 games always run at 60fps. GH3PC can run at variable FPS if vsync is disabled.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: