ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
8/7 - Ozzy joins Guitar Hero: World Tour - More Info inside!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tooPrime  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
Tala wrote:
SO FUCKING AWESOME! I need some new sheets.

The only thing that is worrying me is the Mr. Crowley intro. I love it to death, but it will start to get annoying playing it over and over(I will play it A LOT) and having the intro every time. I hope they play it for the first time you play it in Career mode and then every time after, you skip it.

They could always chart it, but then people would be pissed about non-guitar charting. They could not chart it, and then people would be pissed about waiting. They could cut it, and then people would be pissed about the intro being cut. It's a "Walk this Way" situation*, or a catch 22. Someone is going to get angry about it. Best to pick the option that will piss off the least amount of people. (Your intro-once option, or the chart it option. It's not hard, so not that many people SHOULD whine.)

* What I mean by this is, People who hate the DMC version will not like DMC only, People who hate the Aerosmith version will not like the Aerosmith only, and people will bitch about playing the same song twice if they were to include both. They chose the option that would piss off the least amout of people.

I say chart it. There are two keyboards in the intro (one low pitched one high) so the bass plays the low part and the guitar the high. They'll probably do the same thing with Light my Fire (at least on bass). The guitar hero guitar has more in common with a keyboard than it does with a real guitar anyway, so this idea you can only chart lead guitar parts is dumb. Also it wont be half as bad as Smokin'.
Hotcoffee8  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't start a battle about charting non-guitar. My stance is is that it's a video-game, there to be entertaining. For instance, Harmonixshould have charted some of the synth in Won't Get Fooled Again, amongst other songs... But anyway, I think that having Clive is better news than this, but this is still cool.
Nazo64  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god

MR.CROWLEY

oh my fucking god
drewbles  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLYLIVINGSHITTHROWINGMONKEYRAPINGBUTTHOLE!!

when I logged off 30 mins ago this thread had 6 replies!? wtf?!!

apparently people are UBER EXCITED about "The" Ozzy Osbourne in GH:WT!!

*hums Crazy Train*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neversoft is going all out with this one. They've thrown cash out like their lives depended on it (it probably does; the series anyways). But holy crap, Purple Haze, Crazy Train, Light My Fire, Beat It and Hot for Teacher. Five marquee songs and we don't even know half the songs on the official list yet. I'm very impressed with what Neversoft is doing. Let's hope the game reflects the soundtrack.
drewbles  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foolosophy wrote:
holy crap, Purple Haze, Crazy Train, Light My Fire, Beat It and Hot for Teacher

that Set above these words is a gift from the gods!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Train is in? Time to download a custom before it gets taken down! :P

EDIT: Though, honestly, that's two Ozzy songs, two Hendrix songs, and a rumored THREE Tool songs. Is this worrying anybody else? It's like they're just shoving songs on there to bump up the song count.

Last edited by gdubs on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheesemaster8000  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy frigsicle! That's amazing! And the ingame version looks just like him. EPIC WINBERRY
DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, almost every time they announce new songs they throw something amazing at us. THIS IS AWESOME!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdubs wrote:

EDIT: Though, honestly, that's two Ozzy songs, two Hendrix songs, and a rumored THREE Tool songs. Is this worrying anybody else? It's like they're just shoving songs on there to bump up the song count.

But they are putting in multiple songs from bands that are HIGHLY requested, and they are great songs. Come on, if you were in Neversoft's position and had access to the Hendrix, Ozzy and Tool libraries wouldn't you try to milk as much as you could. They could just as easily have made these DLC and force us to pay for them.
drewbles  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSGamer3002 wrote:
Wow, almost every time they announce new songs they throw something amazing at us. THIS IS AWESOME!

yeah I cant wait for this game to be released!

Im gonna put my PS2 to rest, buy an Xbox360 and sell my soul to buy GH:WT and RB2

(I have to be do this somehow with only 115$ in the bank, and I have a SixFlags SH Get-together coming up the 18th, andf a Buckethead concert on 10/8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foolosophy wrote:
gdubs wrote:

But they are putting in multiple songs from bands that are HIGHLY requested, and they are great songs. Come on, if you were in Neversoft's position and had access to the Hendrix, Ozzy and Tool libraries wouldn't you try to milk as much as you could. They could just as easily have made these DLC and force us to pay for them.

I know, I know, I love Ozzy as much as the next guy, but I still feel that the on-disc songs should have more variety. I'd rather have 85 individual songs than two or three songs by forty different bands.
Spot2004  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I wasted my time making that Mr. Crowley chart.........

Good news though, I'd like to see how it compares to other customs floating around (as well as Crazy Train).
[x] 420/420* - Endless Setlist 2
[ ] G* Rude Mood
Customs/Previews (8/1)
Newest: Nottingham Lace - Buckethead
Preview: Hearts Burst Into Fire - Bullet for My Valentine

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S SOOOO AWESOME!!!!
(sorry for caps, I could barely contain myself)
DrivenInsane  

Does this mean they will definitely drop the old main setlist format of one song per artist?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: