SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: Creating a GH or RB Chart Using FeedBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KNIGHTFOX  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LITTLE PROBLEM:

I was trying to load the chart for Nightwish-High Hopes made by someone else to edit it a little better but feedback won't load the mp3 or the mid files. says song is not valid audio stream and the frets just remain blank. I can deal with getting a new audio file but why the no notes condition? (I have used this a few times I'm just not an expert with the prog.)

EDIT- Ok I got everything figured out. Chart is complete, tested, revised and in final stages. I will upload when it's near perfect/perfect. (Nightwish - High Hopes [End of an Era] live version on youtube)
tuore  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a problem. I have created a chart using Feedback and i have added sections, but when i put it to Guitar Hero 3 PC with the songlist editor, practice mode doesn't have the sections. The sections are there if i use Frets on Fire, but now on GH3. I have tried to put the section by pressing R, and typing the name of the section, and also E and W and writing "section solo_1" but it doesn't appear on guitar hero 3 practice mode. Help me please!
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuore wrote:
I've got a problem. I have created a chart using Feedback and i have added sections, but when i put it to Guitar Hero 3 PC with the songlist editor, practice mode doesn't have the sections. The sections are there if i use Frets on Fire, but now on GH3. I have tried to put the section by pressing R, and typing the name of the section, and also E and W and writing "section solo_1" but it doesn't appear on guitar hero 3 practice mode. Help me please!

Don't use songlist editor. It's old, buggy, and unsupported. Use GHTCP instead.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When uploading a song to Scorehero, what should I type for "offset"?

It may seem like a dumb question, but I'm not sure whether to take the time of the first note and change it to ms (in the case of my song, it'd be 4102 ms) or use the actual thing that says "Offset" (It'd be 8 in this case). What I did was I used Audacity to generate a 117 BPM click track in 4/4 time for 2 measures. Since I assume no one will want to generate this click track in their personal ogg, I'm just putting the time at which the note would start using the unedited ogg. After the click track, the chart started immediately. So do I use the time of the first note in ms or the number next to offset?

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

It may seem like a dumb question, but I'm not sure whether to take the time of the first note and change it to ms (in the case of my song, it'd be 4102 ms) or use the actual thing that says "Offset" (It'd be 8 in this case). What I did was I used Audacity to generate a 117 BPM click track in 4/4 time for 2 measures. Since I assume no one will want to generate this click track in their personal ogg, I'm just putting the time at which the note would start using the unedited ogg. After the click track, the chart started immediately. So do I use the time of the first note in ms or the number next to offset?

Offset is the amount of silence you added to your audio file. If you didn't add any the answer is 0 ms.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auriscope wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Offset is the amount of silence you added to your audio file. If you didn't add any the answer is 0 ms.

So if I added a click track that's 4102 ms long, then the offset is still 0 because it's not silent? Or is it 4102 because the original audio file didn't contain the click track and everyone else who uses it needs to add 4102 ms of substance?

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Auriscope wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

So if I added a click track that's 4102 ms long, then the offset is still 0 because it's not silent? Or is it 4102 because the original audio file didn't contain the click track and everyone else who uses it needs to add 4102 ms of substance?

Your offset is 4102, because the mp3 that everyone else uses will not have the silence (or click track, or whatever) added; in the same vein, the mp3 time you put in should be the time of the mp3 before you added silence.

ogsamrock  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: HELP ME GUYS,NOOB HERE Reply with quote

Hi,Im sory to ask such emberrassing question,but plz help me

recently i just make new chart using feedback and convert using chart2midi program as you all mention.but the problem is,can i just make demo chart?

i make around 2 minute chart,just put the fret.save.convert.import using songlist editor.when i played,around 2 second its already says YOU ROCK!!.If i download custom chart here is work fine.help me guys,plz
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ME GUYS,NOOB HERE Reply with quote

ogsamrock wrote:
Hi,Im sory to ask such emberrassing question,but plz help me

recently i just make new chart using feedback and convert using chart2midi program as you all mention.but the problem is,can i just make demo chart?

i make around 2 minute chart,just put the fret.save.convert.import using songlist editor.when i played,around 2 second its already says YOU ROCK!!.If i download custom chart here is work fine.help me guys,plz

You need both "music_start" and "end" events. Find the section in the tutorial that goes over events and read it (if you already had, you wouldn't need to be asking this question!).

Also, don't use songlist editor. It's old, buggy, and unsupported. Use GHTCP instead.

inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added table of contents. Link away!

TSorbera  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Added table of contents. Link away!
Awesome, thanks!
I think I'll be linking to #events a lot.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Cdarmy  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, ive been looking all over the forums and i cannot find it because i am a giant noob, what are the notes called that dont have to be strummed.. i always call them no strums lol wich is why i am a noob caus im sure theres a name for them.. how do i make notes wich you dont have to strum???
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdarmy wrote:
Hello, ive been looking all over the forums and i cannot find it because i am a giant noob, what are the notes called that dont have to be strummed.. i always call them no strums lol wich is why i am a noob caus im sure theres a name for them.. how do i make notes wich you dont have to strum???

Edit: Nevermind. Misread the post.

Last edited by inimitable on Sat May 30, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Cdarmy wrote:

Those are Open Notes, and not supported yet in dB.
Aren't Open Notes the purple notes in bass in WT? I think he's referring to HOPOs (I answered him in another thread).
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdarmy wrote:

HOPOs are determined by the temp of the song. 16th notes and higher are always HOPOs, so if you have a song with 8th notes at 200 BPM and you wanted them to be HOPOs, you could make it 16th notes at 100 BPM and it would be the same. You can also individually force HOPOs in notepad.exe, but I've never done it and I think you can no longer edit a chart in dB once it has been changed in notepad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: