ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5 Star & FC Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5 Star & FC Guide Reply with quote

-magnum- wrote:
I don't see any errors at all...

Are you using FireFox?

How did you know?

Why do people like FF so much? I miss IE and it's lack of SH screw-ups...

zsjostrom35 wrote:
This one took a little searching, but I found the problem. You didn't close the first bold tag you used in your table of contents, so it went looking for the next [/b] tag it could find, which happened to be at your "Fingering Guide" line. The [b] tag in that line therefore had no closing tag, so it went looking for the next one, and so on, which caused the whole guide to screw up. I'm not sure why it affects Firefox differently than it does IE (not the first time I've seen discrepancies between the two), but it's a simple fix.

Yeah, on FireFox, it randomly decided to make everything after the original bold tag the next size font. Why, I have absolutely no clue, but whatever. Shit! Hyperbole! *hides*

Also, just gotta say this one far surpasses your last two guides. You've growing a talent for this.
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5 Star & FC Guide Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
-Magnum- wrote:
And sure, you can write a practice mode post. Be my guest.

After more thought on the matter, I've decided that a general guide to using Practice Mode effectively will be more useful. I could do Cliffs of Dover chorus as an example there, though, and you can link it or copy it if it works out well. I'll let you know when I finish it.

Well, here it is; feel free to cut and paste any of this that you wish or link the whole thing: Guide to Using Practice Mode Effectively
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
SdS3030  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at Intro Solo B, wouldn't it be easier to tap the orange and anchor the corresponding frets? Unless i'm reading it wrong, it looks like your method of tapping requires the player to place their tapping fingers over the fretting hand which seems cumbersome to me.

Also during the Verse Introduction sections, anchoring the green and strumming in semi-slow triplets makes this section immensely easier. Maybe I need a video to show how it's done but it's the way i've played this section since I first heard the song and it's almost always 100% cleared.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SdS3030 wrote:
Looking at Intro Solo B, wouldn't it be easier to tap the orange and anchor the corresponding frets? Unless i'm reading it wrong, it looks like your method of tapping requires the player to place their tapping fingers over the fretting hand which seems cumbersome to me.
do you mean like tap all the oragnes with your right hand and play the other notes normally, cuz thats wut I do.

3926 0220 0199 1364
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide, except I have a question about FC'ing Intro Solo B. I can get the beginning of it, but at the end it changes pace:

I can't get the end there, because I mentally cancel out the orange notes and when the pace changes, my mind just collapses.

Halp pl0x

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: