ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hollywood Nights Hard Mode Bass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darvan  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Hollywood Nights Hard Mode Bass Reply with quote

Hi,

Pretty new to the whole plastic instrument game but in Guitar Hero World Tour I am having a issue with the song Hollywood Nights on Hard mode. It's really something that looks so simple but I can't seem to pull it off.
Yellow being the HO

I've tried just holding down the green fret and strumming only on green but it would seem it doesn't register unless I release the green then hit it again to strum. I dunno perhaps I'm just doing it wrong. Any help here would be helpful.

thanks
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Oh, and also, Welcome to Scorehero!

Damn, it's a lot easier for hard I guess, Expert is open, yellow, open yellow...etc

If you're going to go with the strum, HO, strum approach, make sure you're hammering down as it's on the line to avoid doing this early (a la GH3) causing a miss.

Another approach that I would first try is a steady strumming speed (hard to do with open notes, but I imagine this would be much more effective). Since it's green to yellow, hammer-on early wont be a problem because of the added strumming. Focus on the noise of the strum bar once you for the sweet spot speed. Some other tips may include emphasizing the up or down strum to stay focused or starting on an upstrum to make all yellows fall on the downstrum.

If you're still having trouble with either method lift off green when switching to yellow; causing a rocking motion with your hand. This added time doing so might be able to slow you down just enough to where early HO isn't a problem.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to Scorhero!

Here are some pages I would suggest reading to help you on your way to becoming a prominent scorehero member.

New to ScoreHero? Read here!
Introduce Yourself!
Forum Rules and User Agreement

For your problem for Hollywood Nights Bass- Hard. I suggest focusing on the beat of the song. Focus on hitting the yellow button in time with the song, almost as if the guitar buttons were a percussion instrument. Try both holding green down while hitting yellow and not holding green down, you will get the hang of it very soon.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Darvan  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guy's I've give it a shot
Twool  

Location: Depending on the time, I could be in one place, or many.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played this song, it really sucks. It helps keep the beat if you just (down) strum every note. That's all I've got, hope it helps.

Can you put 32nd notes in your custom songs on World Tour? I can't.

Protest the Hero Fans - Free MP3 of the hidden track before Bloodmeat if you PM me or comment on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ICBM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: