ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Pokemon Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:

Never again will I use a grass type against Blissey.

Blissey + Flamethrower = ¯\(°_o)/¯

Doesn't Blissey usually have Ice Beam over Flamthrower? They bpth hurt grass types, but I never see flamethrower on a Blissey without Ice Beam (except for rare instances in which the team already has multiple ice moves and has a weakness to steel types.

I used to playthis ALOT a few months ago around May/June. I made a very nice team too. It was based around a subsalac Garchomp sweep. I don't remember the exact team, but I remember that Magnezone works very well if you can counter-predict them switching in a steel type on Outrage. Tyranitar also works great because of sandstream+sand veil.

This Garchomp is the best thing ever. I haven't played in a few months and I remember a discussion about possibly banning it over on smogon so I am not sure if it is still OU, but if it is, use this moveset. It=WIN.

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Admant
252 atk, 252 spe, 4hp (or SpD if 4hp doesn't give it an hp divisible by 4).
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake

This is straight foward. Just sub 3 times so that you get a speed boost from the salac berry. If you get a free turn or if the foe misses becuase of sand veil, then you can swords dance to make this completely unstoppable. Outrage and Earthquake provide good STAB. Be careful to take out an Skarmorys before using this thing though or else, it is pretty much wasted.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbonatedasian wrote:
I guess I should go the same......
Really dude, everyone uses a Blissy. I suggest training one, or at least getting used to them, because you are gonna see them A LOT.

I know. And it annoys me how people absolutely have to rely on them. It's possible for them to have over 700HP with decent IVs and the correct EV training. SEVEN HUNDRED! To be truly good at this game, why not try to win with a UU team against the ubers? :P

I would just use a Fighting Pokemon, but I don't like them much, plus they have some pretty glaring weaknesses. I suppose Medicham would work alright since it has Fighting/Psychic so it at least would take normal damage from Psychic attacks (assuming Psychic isn't very effective against itself, I can't remember). Either that or I could try a Pokemon that learns Close Combat. I suppose using a move to put it to sleep (to prevent use of Refresh) then a strong physical move would do the job fairly well too. The sleeping move would need to be reliable though... maybe Spore, then switch to a physical sweeper?

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
fishrocker  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently own:
Yellow
Blue
TCG
Crystal
Fire Red
Emerald
Pearl
Gale of Darkness
I used to have:
Red(friend stole it)
Silver(data corrupted)
Sapphire(sold it)
And I have a whole bunch of the Trading Cards
Benzeeni  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Yeah Pokemon FTW. I have

Blue
Silver (level 100 dragonite )
Firered (Level 100 Charizard )
Ruby
Saphire
Emerald (Never completed it -.-)
Coluseeum
Gale of Darkness
Diamond

I just started playing Pokemon Diamond again need to get my pokemon non noobish

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Deathbringer415
EskimoTrousers  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:

I know. And it annoys me how people absolutely have to rely on them. It's possible for them to have over 700HP with decent IVs and the correct EV training. SEVEN HUNDRED! To be truly good at this game, why not try to win with a UU team against the ubers? :P

I would just use a Fighting Pokemon, but I don't like them much, plus they have some pretty glaring weaknesses. I suppose Medicham would work alright since it has Fighting/Psychic so it at least would take normal damage from Psychic attacks (assuming Psychic isn't very effective against itself, I can't remember). Either that or I could try a Pokemon that learns Close Combat. I suppose using a move to put it to sleep (to prevent use of Refresh) then a strong physical move would do the job fairly well too. The sleeping move would need to be reliable though... maybe Spore, then switch to a physical sweeper?

I like Dusknoir or Spiritomb since thunderwave won't really matter, they have some good special defense, and can pain split any damage.

But still training a blissey would help you if your in need of a wall.
toddles822  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've been playing Pokemon for the last 10 years, and have never stopped since. I'm putting all my main teams down for every game that I have, don't have some of the newer games.

Note that I have never restarted any games.

Note also that I have no legendary ones here. Legendary Pokemon are for n00bs.

Red:
Blastoise (Level 100)
Tauros (Level 100)
Starmie (Level 100)
Electabuzz (Level 100)
Arcanine (Level 100)
Alakazam (Level 100)

Blue:
Charizard (Level 100)
Victreebel (Level 100)
Machamp (Level 100)
Raichu (Level 100)
Vaporeon (Level 100)
Marowak (Level 100)

Yellow:
Pikachu (Level 100)
Golbat (Level 100)
Rhydon (Level 100)
Hitmonchan (Level 100)
Dragonite (Level 100)
Starmie (Level 100)

Gold:
Typhlosion (Level 100)
Starmie (Level 100)- Yes, I love these things.
Heracross (Level 100)
Umbreon (Level 100)
Tyranitar (Level 100)
Lapras (Level 100)

Silver:
Meganium (Level 100)
Porygon2 (Level 100)
Crobat (Level 100)
Gengar (Level 100)
Tauros (Level 100)
Espeon (Level 100)

Crystal:
Feraligatr (Level 100)
Gengar (Level 100)
Scizor (Level 100)
Rapidash (Level 100)
Donphan (Level 100)
Jumpluff (Level 100)

Ruby:
Swampert (Level 100)
Salamence (Level 100)
Seaking (Level 100)
Glalie(Level 100)
Alakazam (Level 100)
Hariyama (Level 100)

Sapphire:
Blaziken (Level 100)
Starmie (again) (Level 100)
Metagross (Level 100)
Armaldo (Level 100)
Sharpedo (Level 100)
Manectric (Level 100)

FireRed:
Venusaur (Level 94)
Kingdra (Level 100)
Raichu (Level 100)
Gengar (Level 91)
Nidoking (Level 88)
Arcanine (Level 97)

Leafgreen:
Charizard (Level 100)
Weezing (Level 90)
Heracross (Level 83)
Golduck (Level 96)
Snorlax (Level 87)
Hypno (Level 100)

Bring it. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red was my first ever video game, so Pokemon will forever hold a place in my heart.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskimoTrousers wrote:
I like Dusknoir or Spiritomb since thunderwave won't really matter, they have some good special defense, and can pain split any damage.

Pain Split? Sounds like a pretty good strategy to me, dealing several hundred damge while completely healing yourself is a pretty good way to use a move.

Sure, Blissey makes a great special wall, but it's just so... cliche. Besides, it's easy enough to take them out if you plan ahead. Use Mean Look, throw in a few stat boosts (Swords Dance, Agility and Amnesia would all be good choices), Baton Pass it all to your physical sweeper, and the terrible defence will do the rest. One move later, one fainted Blissey.

toddles, that Pokemon Red team is almost identical to my own. Replace the Tauros with a Dragonite, and the Electabuzz with a Jolteon, and that's my team. :P Can I ask if you carried out proper EV training for any of the teams?

0wnd1zzl3d, it was my first ever video game too. I still remember going out to the store to buy it.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
walkingonthesun  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really caught on to the Pokemon fad until about Diamond, and still now I'm not really a big fanatic. My highest Pokemon is like level 66 I think.

Also, I feel stupid for not playing Pokemon until diamond, because I used to watch the Pokemon TV show all the time and even had Pokemon bedsheets.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: tres_7 Wii Friend Code: 7160001614315043 ICQ Number
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Coll., and now Pearl. All I have left is Ruby (and Pearl).

Right now I've been EV training some people for a decent team (although I don't have WiFi, so it's mostly for the Battle Tower). Some of my friends play, and although they're not Charizard-with-Fire Blast-Flamethrower-Hyper Beam-Fire Spin-type players, I don't think they know about IVs, EVs, or even natures.

Here's what I have (huge stuff ahead, had to shrink it, quote or copy/paste to view better):

Pokemon - IVs (HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Speed)
Nature - EVs
@ Item
- Moveset
Description

Metagross - 21/23/15/15/14/29
Sassy - Crap, forgot the EVs... I think it's 252 Atk/128 HP/128 SpDef or something.
@ Wide Lens
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm

Agiligross. Replacing HA with EQ when I get the BP for TM26. Wide Lens to help with hitting with Rock Slide/MM.

Infernape - 17/26/21/1/17/22
Jolly - 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
@ Choice Band
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge

Choice Bander, woo. Might replace AA with something... IVs kinda suck.

Torterra - 9/31/27/8/18/17
Careful - 252 HP/156 Def/100 SpDef
@ Leftovers/Big Root
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Tank. Leech Seed, then Stealth Rock if they try to switch. Dual STAB attacks.

Umbreon - 25/15/31/26/26/24
Relaxed - 252 HP/100 Def/156 SpDef
@ Lum/Chople/Tanga berry/Leftovers/Lax Incense
- Mean Look
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Payback

Toxitrapper. Couldn't think of a 4th move, so I threw in Payback (I'm usually slower than the opponent, and 150+ power (if slower) leaves a dent in most Pokemon. Hold item depends on situation (usually sitck with Lum Berry) Also, sweet IVs. :D

Gengar - 25/12/15/30/30/25
Modest - 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
@ Life Orb
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Special Sweeper. I had D-Bond over Hypnosis at one point, but that didn't work too well after a while. More sweet IVs.

Gyarados - 5/29/29/19/27/14
Jolly - 252 Spd/128 Atk/128 HP
@ Scope Lens
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
- Bite

I'll replace Bite with something like EQ when I get enough BP for TM26. Simple DDer.

Lucario - 14/15/21/19/1/30
Naive - 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
@ Razor Claw
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Aura Sphere

This sucks, I don't use him in my main team anymore. One of the first Pokemon I EV trained (without an IV calc on hand). I might drop the Atk EVs, give him 128 Atk/SpAtk, and replace SD with Dragon Pulse or something. I wish I had WiFi, I'd trade this off for a Piplup or something...

Planning on training a Ninetales, Milotic/Vaporeon, and might spend a few hours breeding to try out this moveset:

Umbreon @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def OR 252 HP/200 Atk/56 SpDef (or something like that)
Nature: Sassy
IVs - High HP/Defense/SpDef (at least 20+), low Speed a plus

- Curse
- Payback
- Moonlight/Wish
- Baton Pass/Taunt/Protect/Toxic/Return

After thinking for a while, I realized something: Curse + Payback + STAB = 150 powered attack - plus, Curse boosts Umbreon's Defense, making him a super-tank.

Wish/Protect is useful, but Moonlight/Taunt allows for healing as well as helping with setting up Curses. Wish/Baton Pass is probably the best bet - Wishpassing + Cursepassing + Curse/Payback = great ****ing Umbreon.

*goes to try and download an IV calculator for his own comp, since he doesn't have internet of his own (using a library comp)*

All I have is a copy of Netbattle from FR/LG days... doesn't help with finding out 4th Gen Pokemon IVs...
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love doing all the EV/IV stuff that a lot of people don't know about. It gives me great pleasure to tell someone what nature their ttar has after they tell me its stats... haha.

I was always way too lazy to actually do EV training in the games though. Takes way too freaking long... not to mention trying to get the right Hidden Power strengths or getting the right IVs on Mewtwo (calculator + hours restarting from save point ftw!)
thecolonel  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people take pokemon way to seriously.
i like to play it and beat the elite four and then maybe level a bit then restart.
i know about this ev training, read about it some website Muna(?) told me about, psypokes.com(?) and i thought that would take out alot of fun.
i guess im old fashioned like that. i dont use star paths either(or ones that i look up). i play by ear.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: the colonel11
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
EskimoTrousers wrote:

Pain Split? Sounds like a pretty good strategy to me, dealing several hundred damge while completely healing yourself is a pretty good way to use a move.

Sure, Blissey makes a great special wall, but it's just so... cliche. Besides, it's easy enough to take them out if you plan ahead. Use Mean Look, throw in a few stat boosts (Swords Dance, Agility and Amnesia would all be good choices), Baton Pass it all to your physical sweeper, and the terrible defence will do the rest. One move later, one fainted Blissey.

toddles, that Pokemon Red team is almost identical to my own. Replace the Tauros with a Dragonite, and the Electabuzz with a Jolteon, and that's my team. :P Can I ask if you carried out proper EV training for any of the teams?

0wnd1zzl3d, it was my first ever video game too. I still remember going out to the store to buy it.

There's one more thing you can do against a Blissey to at least make sure they switch. Leech Seed. They'll have a hard time doing anything when you heal back a sizable chunk of your HP every turn. Combine Leech Seed with Substitute and give the Pokemon leftovers, and the Leech Seed+Leftovers combo will likely heal back the 25% you lose from substitute in one turn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any (decent) Pokemon that can learn Mean Look (or a similar trapping move), Leech Seed AND Substitute? I'd rather use the Leech Seed to remove the Blissey outright, to be honest. I think Ariados would probably learn Leech Seed along with Spider Web, but it's not particularly strong and has too many weaknesses.

Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecolonel wrote:
some people take pokemon way to seriously.
i like to play it and beat the elite four and then maybe level a bit then restart.
i know about this ev training, read about it some website Muna(?) told me about, psypokes.com(?) and i thought that would take out alot of fun.
i guess im old fashioned like that. i dont use star paths either(or ones that i look up). i play by ear.

This is pretty much me, except I DO use SP paths. I understand that these mechanics are good and add strategy to what is often called a "kids' game", but since I have nobody to battle, no need to use them. If I downloaded Netbattle, damn straight I'd pay attention to all that stuff.

I tend to restart after I've done everything. Training with no real direction can be a grind. Even so, one of these days, I'll probably buy a cart for the sole purpose of having all the Pokemon I can get. Not sure if I'd want a second GBA and the cable for the trading aspect, even if it wouldn't be too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 4 of 54

Jump to: