ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide (Updated Frequently)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i have to point this out. there's no way you can convince me that jordan is 100x harder to fc than trogdor. if anything its the other way around.

besides that, i think that, at least for fc'ing, you should have a scale of x/100, not x/10. or just use decimals for the x/10. jordan i would say is probably around 80/100. trogdor 100/100. at least on ntsc. i've fc'ed a lot of stuff, and i've played everything on-disc, and i have to say that trogdor is the one song that i am least likely to fc. i am pretty sure i'd have to play it in pal mode to do so, but i've never done that so i really don't know how much that will help. i am not exaggerating when i say that i think it would be easier for me to fc ttfaf (either gh3 or ghsh, maybe both) than trogdor on ntsc. it would probably even be harder than devil went down to georgia.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
ok, i have to point this out. there's no way you can convince me that jordan is 100x harder to fc than trogdor. if anything its the other way around.

They're basically interchangeable. For most players, an FC of either is basically impossible. It depends if you're a stronger strummer or tapper.

Now Trogdor rhythm is another story

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Magnum- wrote:
f4phantom2500 wrote:

They're basically interchangeable. For most players, an FC of either is basically impossible. It depends if you're a stronger strummer or tapper.

I disagree. There are more than twice as many Jordan FCs as there are Trogdor FCs on SH. Besides that, you're ignoring the fact that there is a difference between the NTSC and PAL versions of Trogdor. Of the 13 Trogdor FCs, I know at least 9 were definitely done on PAL. That means that at the most 4 people have FC'ed this song exclusively on NTSC (and some of them may have done it on PAL). Compared to the 30 or so Jordan FCs, I would say that NTSC Trogdor is ridiculously hard. It's not about whether you're better at strumming or tapping, the fact of the matter is that Trogdor is fast enough to run into the GH2 strumming limit. Since Jordan is pretty much exclusively fretting, not to mention slightly slower than Trogdor (~1.5 nps), it does not run into any game engine limitations with the exception of the in solo C, which happens to be my least consistent part of the song, but is nothing to the Trogdor strumming.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The community values a Jordan FC way, way, way more than a Trogdor FC though. FCing Trogdor will get you, what, a 10K-20K increase in score? I suspect more people don't go for it because they just don't feel there's nearly as much reward in learning to strum that fast. The word "impossible" also comes up quite a bit when discussing Troggy, and while it's already been proven that it's definitely NOT impossible, that word is probably an instant turnoff for anyone who wishes to challenge for an FC.

On the other hand, an FC of Jordan will grant you a score literally hundreds of thousands of points above your current score. That's huge. Also, tapping has been designated by many players here as pretty much the ultimate showmanship skill in GH, and let's not kid ourselves, everyone wants to see the tapping because it does look really cool. Since its release, Jordan has been pretty much anointed the ultimate GH song (a title it now likely shares with TTFAF, although I'll still contend that Jordan is way tougher to pass). People just WANT to conquer Jordan because it's so highly valued by this community. Trogdor is hilarious and awesome on every level, but it's practically on a molehill compared to the pedestal upon which Jordan has been placed.

And like I said, tapping Jordan gains you instant access to upwards of, like, 200,000 points to your score. Your ceiling for improvement is tremendously high on Jordan. That's in stark contrast to Trogdor, where your ceiling is decidedly much lower because the only thing you miss is some really fast strumming that doesn't even affect the SP path and will only make you miss out on a few thousand points.

These reasons help describe the big discrepancy between the number of Jordan FCs and Trogdor FCs. It also explains why, for a long time, Hangar 18 had more FCs than BatH. You can max your score out around 20K below optimal if you hit everything in BatH outside of Solo D, which is really not that hard to do, thus people aren't all that impressed with it. Hangar 18, much like Jordan, relies much more heavily on having a huge skillset, and getting within 20K of optimal is much more difficult and feels much more rewarding than it does on BatH, which is why more players would practice H18 over BatH. (Let's not also forget how some people for a short amount of time were actually considering that One might be a tougher FC than TTFAF, despite the fact that possibly the best rhythm gamer in the entire world had probably spent more time on TTFAF than any two players combined had spent on One.)

Just my two cents.

By the way, great guide, Magnum. Keep up the great work!
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
A bunch of stuff.
Just my two cents.

By the way, great guide, Magnum. Keep up the great work!

I agree with jesse. Less people go for a Trogdor FC because that's the only song you would ever have to strum that fast in, plus there's the whole points bonus issue. However, tapping is a very valuable skill to learn, and Jordan has the most complex tapping section in the game.

And thanks for the compliment!

Stricken Guide v.1.1
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if someone fced trogdor on NTSC today and someone else fced Jordan today, im 100% sure the guy who fced trogdor would get a million more pages then the guy that fced Jordan.

Jordan is still really hard, but its lost its mystique because so many people have already fced it multiple times.Trogdor is still this "impossible" song that needs to be conquered, and thats why i find it more impressive to fc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added 'Generation Rock'.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
NitroCrash  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you have NFMH as only being a 7/10 difficulty to pass? That was the fourth hardest song in GH3 for me to pass after TTFAF, Take This Life and Raining Blood. If not 10/10, then it should at least be a 9/10.

Also, One For The Road is a WAY harder song to 5* than 2/10 as both my experience and the official 5* breakdown indicate. I'd say about 6 or 7.
Songs 6*: 57/70 - Latest: Rock You Like A Hurricane - Best: Before I Forget
FCs: 16/70 - Latest: Helicopter - Best: Helicopter
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NitroCrash wrote:
Also, One For The Road is a WAY harder song to 5* than 2/10 as both my experience and the official 5* breakdown indicate. I'd say about 6 or 7.

Really? I five-starred it on my second try.

NitroCrash wrote:
How do you have NFMH as only being a 7/10 difficulty to pass? That was the fourth hardest song in GH3 for me to pass after TTFAF, Take This Life and Raining Blood. If not 10/10, then it should at least be a 9/10.

I might up it to 8/10.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added 'Take This Life'.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
TheAftershock  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though you haven't done Prayer of the Refugee yet. A lot of people have trouble with the

I find it helps if you hit the RB early and the YO late, and if you're having trouble hitting RB early just hit YO late.

Fingering I find helps me is:

Something you might wanna add because I did my first run on this song in about 6 months and the only placed I missed was a stupid mistake at the end of a SP phrase and on this bit twice.

Great guide btw
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAftershock wrote:
Even though you haven't done Prayer of the Refugee yet. A lot of people have trouble with the

I find it helps if you hit the RB early and the YO late, and if you're having trouble hitting RB early just hit YO late.

Great guide btw

Thanks, I'll add this in when I add this song.

TheAftershock wrote:
Great guide btw

Thanks!

Added 'Radio Song'.

Stricken Guide v.1.1
Pas26  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdor is "almost" impossible on NTSC, and there IS a strum limit.

You must strum exactly at the strumming limit speed, and strumming .1 NPS faster will break your combo. It's not only a "the timing window is smaller because the notes are close to each other". Try failing a song while strumming as fast as you can. You will fail the song much more slowly than if you were strumming 14-15 NPS. This song is pure luck. On PAL, however, you just have to be precise. You don't really have to abuse the timing window and you can strum slightly faster/slower.

Jordan... oh Jordan... you have to put time in this song, and even then in about 2 hours of practice I could combo Solo B until the break. With practice this song isn't THAT hard, at least compared to songs like TTFAF, One. But compared to Troggy NTSC Jordan is easy.

The main difference between the two? Everybody can strum at 17NPS and THINK they could FC Trogdor while you need to be quite good at this game to tap Jordan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tht u should add Avalancha, u could give th methods of hitting the sweeps (maybe not im anoob) and also say how the trips get faster toward th end

also Hier Kommt Alex the 2nd fast-ish strumming get fast near th end

Thanks

Back on the 11th!
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
I think tht u should add Avalancha, u could give th methods of hitting the sweeps (maybe not im anoob) and also say how the trips get faster toward th end

also Hier Kommt Alex the 2nd fast-ish strumming get fast near th end

Thanks

I'll start updating the guide more once school starts (September 8th for me). That may sound odd but I won't have a lot of time free between now and then. Thanks!

Stricken Guide v.1.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: