ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The OFFICIAL guide to stepping down!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMGAP  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiser...

YOU ROCK!

We'll all miss you Kaiser <3

I'm sure in a year or so we will make a statue in memory of you.

Kaiser+Bansteek=badass
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say Alakaiser, are you going to go join the SH Retirement Mod bowling team w/ Matt and Riz?

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PriestRSC  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck man, you seemed like a nice guy the few times I ever saw you in a post :P

Five Star List on Game (GGAHT)
Pass Constant Motion without SP (Yay!)
On the subject of me getting disconnected online from the Endless Setlist 2 on Panic Attack (2nd to last song)
Griffinhollow wrote:
the Endless Setlist isn't meant for online play
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PriestRSC PSN Name: Smarthis
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt really know you too well, but nice post, and i wish i had known you during your tenure. have fun working on Rock Band

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/cry
/sigh...

All these mods are leaving this awesome site. WHY CHEESE ITS WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO US!

But yea. I hope you enjoy your new job and dont forget to drop in every once in a while.

You will be deeply and sincerely missed in my heart (NO HOMO).

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
brad16752  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a better solution to your dilemma; give me your job, that way you can stay a mod on SH. It's a win win situation for everyone.
felixdaman18  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this isnt a guide
TJShultz  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixdaman18 wrote:
this isnt a guide

You owe me a bottle of aspirin for the migraine I just got slamming my head into my desk.

Kaiser, much love. You played a huge part in my involvement in this community from the get-go, and it has been a pleasure interacting and working with you, both as a community member and as a part of the staff. You're a great guy, and Harmonix has made a great addition to their team, even if it means we've lost you as an enforcer and all-around staff badass. It's weird seeing your name in that powder blue color, but hopefully you'll make good on what you said and still be around (says the guy that has all the free time in the world, right? Hah)!

<3 + + BAW.

1) You're using numbers in place of words.
2) You're spelling at the second grade level.
3) You're posting in CAPS.
4) This post is in the wrong place, and should have been in Software.

Conclusion: Custom songs are not your "cup of tea", and I'd suggest undertaking a much more simpler hobby. Perhaps tree watching.
subpounder101  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL guide to stepping down! Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
I tried my best to make this as short as possible. I'm bad at such things.

Howdy folks.

So as most of you (some of you? A few of you?) learned in a certain thread about pachyderms, I've been working a new job for the past month. Yes, it's at Harmonix. It's been a pretty cool month, and I've really enjoyed myself.

I said this in that thread, too, but I'll repeat myself in case you missed it (HOW COULD YOU NOT READ EVERY POST I MAKE? DON'T YOU HAVE AN RSS OR SOMETHING?!). I'm working QA at Harmonix. I'm not a spokesperson for the company, or even close to it. I work there to test things to make sure they're good and stuff. Please, don't ask me things you know I won't be able to answer. If you didn't see it in an official press release, my response will be "no comment" every time. No, I will not tell you upcoming DLC. No, I will not do so even if you bribe me with a giant bag of money. I'm under NDA. No dice.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, yeah. The thing about this job is that it eats up a lot of my time. I'm obviously working eight hour shifts daily, but I also have a four hour commute daily, as well. (round trip, not one way. If it was four hours one way, I'd likely not be working there). Maybe you noticed, maybe you didn't, but my activity on the site has been way down since I started my job. I've had PMs go unanswered in my inbox, which is something I very much am against doing.

So, that leads me to a bit of a crossroads. I've devoted a lot of time to SH (probably more than I should've at some points), and I've enjoyed just about all of my time here. Being so active made it so that I could be useful in many ways, and always up to date on any going-ons around the site. I've always tried to be accessible as possible to anyone who has a question or a comment, which is something I enjoy.

But now? I'm busy, and I'm only getting busier. I spend 12 hours of my day on the road (most of which is in another state, as Harmonix is in Massachusetts, and I'm in Rhode Island), and when I get home, I crash and burn fairly quickly. Falling asleep at 9:30 PM? Yikes. My activity on the site has diminished to an unacceptable level in my book, and I don't even know what the hell is going on around here anymore. This is extremely unsatisfying to me. Honestly, I feel like when I do try to catch up, I'm just getting in the way. Once I'm done catching up, I can help for a little while, but then I'm back in the work schedule again. It's not productive at all.

For awhile, I thought I might be able to juggle my job and SH. I've been going over it in my head pretty much nonstop. It has taken me awhile to accept it, but I know now that continuing to be dubbed "senior moderator" is counter-productive to the whole cause. So, I'm stepping down and joining the ranks of the commonman. This isn't a decision I've come to easily, but I truly feel it is the right one.

Scorehero has been an awesome site for me to be a part of, both as a user and a moderator. I still remember my first post talking about how I was terrible at playing on difficulties lower than expert (a prophecy that fulfilled itself months later, for those that know), my first and only stint in leagues (Season 2, A3. Lost in the semifinals, rawr.), meeting some SHers along the way, making some huge rants on this and that, and doing my best to inject some humor into the community when at all possible.

Oh, I talked about soft drinks once, too.

Me stepping down is by no means an indicator that I'm pressing that little X on my SH tab, and walking away from this community forever. I'm too addicted to you guys. :P All this means is that you're going to have to bug someone else with your reports. The entire staff on this site is absolutely fantastic, and they all do a wonderful job to make sure SH is the best site out there for your fake plastic instrument needs. They have been an absolute blast to work with, and I won't forget any of them, ever. Everyone is so tight-knit, and it just made everything that more enjoyable, even when I spent hours cleaning up shock site posts.

So ladies and gentlemen (and popemobile, because I know you're reading this post, too), this ends my tenure on this fine site's staff. It'll be weird for me, and maybe it'll be weird for you, too (or maybe celebrations will be held, I dunno. Maybe no one will care at all), but I'm ready to do this. I don't want to say I'm moving on to "bigger and better things", but I am beginning a new chapter in my life. Scorehero can be a part of that chapter, too, but not as the main focus. I wouldn't leave you guys forever.

Thanks for the good times and all the memories, guys. For a site that I only had planned on visiting once or twice, I had a hell of a time over the past two years, and the past year of being a mod (actually, a little under a year, but who's counting?). Hopefully I've left a few good memories with a lot of you, too.

Forever a score hero,

Tom "Alakaiser" Brown

Grats m8, I work as a Beta Tester for DICE in the EU ( but i get to work from home ) gotta love EA ahahah no
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
felixdaman18 wrote:
this isnt a guide

You owe me a bottle of aspirin for the migraine I just got slamming my head into my desk.

Kaiser, much love. You played a huge part in my involvement in this community from the get-go, and it has been a pleasure interacting and working with you, both as a community member and as a part of the staff. You're a great guy, and Harmonix has made a great addition to their team, even if it means we've lost you as an enforcer and all-around staff badass. It's weird seeing your name in that powder blue color, but hopefully you'll make good on what you said and still be around (says the guy that has all the free time in the world, right? Hah)!

<3 + + BAW.

Actually, I fully blame your semi-disappearance for me getting bored and getting a "real" job. PFFFFFFFFFF.

<3

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL guide to stepping down! Reply with quote

hey subpounder101. Havent you learned not to quote the whole dam post.

Again kaiser we will all miss you.

Hope you have fun in your job...

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
Legleg  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kaiser, it was pretty good knowing you. I remember the soda topic pretty well, it got a bit out of control. Good luck with your job at Harmonix!
iimeanyii  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do all of the mods (and Admins <3 Matt) have to move on
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap i leave for a bit and kaiser isn't a mod anymore?

Well, i'm dedicating this mountain dew to you!(i was seriously drinking one when i read this) Still hope to see you around. Good luck with your job!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you're stepping down I remember when you were made a Moderator (seems so long ago, I can't even find the thread). Glad you enjoy your job, though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy