ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"SUPER" Street Fighter 4 "Arcade Edition"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, why did I have to preorder with Gamestop...

I can't wait to play this. I can't wait to beat the fuck out of my joystick.

I haven't played competitive SF in a long time... I seriously can't wait to play people online.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IGN's review is up, and I've gotta say- after watching the video review, I'm pretty well sold on the game. It looks like they took out a lot of the superfluous characters and game types that have made the series feel stuffed for me since Alpha while at the same time introducing an absolutely gorgeous movement system.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Gah, why did I have to preorder with Gamestop...

For the headband?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far C. Viper is definitely my favourite of the new additions, Fuerte least and Abel and Rufus somewhere inbetween.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking out top tiers for the game, and C. Viper went from last tier to first tier... and something tells me she's going to be the most annoying character online... she's just too fast for xbl gameplay...

Someone's gonna lag out, she's gonna take advantage of that, and its just gonna be annoying.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
I was checking out top tiers for the game, and C. Viper went from last tier to first tier... and something tells me she's going to be the most annoying character online... she's just too fast for xbl gameplay...

Someone's gonna lag out, she's gonna take advantage of that, and its just gonna be annoying.

Im more afrad of Seth online than viper for somereson i mean yea his Ultra/Super plus a move from each fighter just makes me feel like ill be fighting a snk boss everytime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Screw that. Just play who suits you best. Guaranteed you'll get more wins playing with the character you feel most comfortable with, making tiers utterly pointless at the end of the day.

In any case, right now, I'm looking forward to playing as Ryu, Fuerte, Rufus, and Abel in that order. I'll give every character a shot, but those 4 seem to suit me the most. I'd put Fuerte at #1 but Ryu's always been my favorite and I think the look on his face when he does his ultra is pretty sweet.

What adds to it is that his ultra is so simple in nature, they have to do all the fancy setup animation beforehand. So you end up just staring at him charging up for 5 or so seconds, giving your opponent time to say "Son of a b****... Are you f***ing serious?" and the crowd (if applicable) to say "OooooOOoOOooOOOHHHH!!!" (assuming you've set it up correctly to connect). Definite bonus points for that!

Also looking forward to Fei Long and Dan, but I'd rather get better with base characters just in case I get a chance to play on an arcade cabinet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more i play, the more i like Ryu. He's pretty much perfect for someone of my level of skill. His Super and Ultra is just so easy to connect with, you can hit confirm it from like 50% of his standard strikes, cancel into it from Shoryukens, or my personal favourite so far, corner trap EX Hurricane Kick ----> Metsu Hadouken.

Plus he's obviously got great anti-air and his ->M is probably the simplest overhead for owning crouch turtlers. Just a solid character that has everything for someone who isn't comfortable with focus cancelling and the other high level stuff in SFIV.

Which kinda enforces the idea of "fuck tiers". I don't think there's been a single Ryu in the top 8 of a major contest yet, because if you're godlike at the game his ease of use is eclipsed by other characters.

Squirrel, the online is excellent. I really don't think lag will be a major problem. I've been playing games as low as one red bar with no lag whatsoever.

I'm also starting to come around to Gouken, when i first unlocked him i dismissed him after about 5 minutes because he didn't play anything like a Shoto and just felt weird, but after giving him a chance he's certainly pretty useful.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving this game so far (just wish I was better at the SF series in general), but holy SHIT are Seth and Rufus cheap -ass, cheesing asshats.

Last night I tried to finish arcade mode (on medium, mind you, not even hard) with Abel. First two opponents went down like vietnamese prostitutes. Then we get to Rufus. "Messiah Kick" followed by "Hurricane Tornado" spammed ad friggin nauseum. Literally took me about 20 attempts to beat him (mainly because he NEVER missed with his Ultra, whereas Abels is so incredibly lame that I think I connected 1 out of 10 attempts with it).

Seth was also an annoying, cheesing asshat, just spamming sonic booms and that godlike dragon punch of his which hits like 17 friggin' times on the way up.

In summary - screw this game - also - I love this game! :P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Seth sucks. I can generally deal with him okay, but sometimes he just goes into beserk teleport -> spinning piledriver mode which is just a pain in the ass.

Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm... I can't wait to sink my teeth into this game. I play a decent dhalsim, so I might start out away from the usual characters and give him a whirl.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Mmmmm... I can't wait to sink my teeth into this game. I play a decent dhalsim, so I might start out away from the usual characters and give him a whirl.

I'm going to focusing on Abel, Rufus and Ryu for online play I think - particularly Rufus though - just the idea of the character makes me lol (and the fact that he kicks ass is even more lolworthy)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
The more i play, the more i like Ryu. He's pretty much perfect for someone of my level of skill. His Super and Ultra is just so easy to connect with, you can hit confirm it from like 50% of his standard strikes, cancel into it from Shoryukens, or my personal favourite so far, corner trap EX Hurricane Kick ----> Metsu Hadouken.

Plus he's obviously got great anti-air and his ->M is probably the simplest overhead for owning crouch turtlers. Just a solid character that has everything for someone who isn't comfortable with focus cancelling and the other high level stuff in SFIV.

Which kinda enforces the idea of "fuck tiers". I don't think there's been a single Ryu in the top 8 of a major contest yet, because if you're godlike at the game his ease of use is eclipsed by other characters.

Squirrel, the online is excellent. I really don't think lag will be a major problem. I've been playing games as low as one red bar with no lag whatsoever.

I'm also starting to come around to Gouken, when i first unlocked him i dismissed him after about 5 minutes because he didn't play anything like a Shoto and just felt weird, but after giving him a chance he's certainly pretty useful.

I'm fairly certain Daigo Umehara is still maining Ryu in SF4.

http://www.pinkgodzillagames.com/pink_godzilla_news/street_fighter_iv_arcade_top_2.php

Yeah he is. And dominating as usual.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he is, but he hasn't got past a quarter final yet as far as i've seen.

benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 2 questions hows the music is it all organal or are they all remixes like in alpha 1&2? If they are remixes is cammys her supersf one or the the alpha/xmen vs sf one?
Edit nvm its her sf2 verson

EDIT: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/16/owners-report-mad-catz-sfiv-fightstick-defects
Oh shit just got real

Last edited by benlikesthesalsa on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: zoltanben90 PSN Name: zoltanben90
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 3 of 53

Jump to: