ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"SUPER" Street Fighter 4 "Arcade Edition"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Incognito  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iplaywinner.com released the first tier list for SSF4 that I've seen. The tier list
Quote:
...was directed by Ryan "Filipino Champ" Ramirez as he contacted many top players across the country (Justin Wong, Floe, Marn, John Choi, Ricky Ortiz, Keno, Tatsu -- the list goes on and on, it really does)..."

http://iplaywinner.com/display/ShowImage?imageUrl=/storage/oneuse/tierlist-may2010.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274013176339

I'm surprised to see Akuma where he is despite the bitching I've heard from Akuma players about how bad he got nerfed. Aside from Sagat being tier 2 and Honda being tier 1 the rest of the top tier does not surprise me at all. Also,
Quote:
the idea here is we will continue to update this tier list each month based on the opinions of top players around the world. So, don't be surprised if you see things change up a bit over the next couple months as more players learn about the new characters and strategies with the current cast.
I think for sure we'll see Gouken climb the ranks, from what I've seen he should be atleast 2nd tier if not first, but we'll see....

EDIT:

Just for reference sake check out this Gouken I got on my list. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR8nXUsLPmc

I wish I had a capture card, because he has laid way more serious beatdowns on myself. Also his Viper is pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCdhzEi5SA
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma is definitely top tier, anyone bitching about his nerfs is over reacting. He got far less nerfs than the rest of the top tier characters. The most important part of his game, the vortex is still 100% in tact.

Characters overall doing less damage is a major buff for Akuma as well.

I also agree with Sagat not being top tier as well, i only realised recently that his s.lk is no longer special cancellable. That's pretty huge in terms of nerfing his pressure. He's basically just a pure fireball war character now, but he's most definitely more beatable than before and he wasn't "broken" bad in the first place (despite popular opinion).

Honda sneaking into the top tier is interesting, but more of a product of everyone around him getting nerfed rather than him improving. Still a nightmare for my Rufus.

C-Tier Gouken is probably about right in my eyes. Gouken is pretty free on wakeup and has no good hit-confirm combos. His offence is based way too much on guessing games and gimmicks, nothing really solid. In the right hands he can look amazing, but then again so can Sakura, and look where she ends up

Biggest surprise to me on the that list is C-Tier Cody, he suffers from the same lack of wakeup options as Gouken, but other than that he's SOLID in my eyes.

Other than that, it's a pretty solid starting point.

By far the most noteworthy point is how much more condensed that tier list is, Rufus to Dan is only a 46 point spread, compared to the original tier lists, that's a pretty epic balancing job. GG Capcom

Edit: One last thing. .5 breakdowns have no place on a tier list, keep this shit in Smash

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to properly play as E Honda now, its nice to see he got bumped up that high in the tier list.

And, so that I actually have a chance against Sottle.

Anyone down for some Super SF4 on friday?
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to beat Rufus with Honda:

1. Get a life lead, Hundred Hands or Random Headbutts, chip damage is fine.
2. Stand around mid-screen, spam Neutral Jump Fierce.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Edit: Just noticed that matchup list has the RU/HO down as 6-4 Rufus, clearly i'm missing something here....to the lab!

Last edited by Sottle on Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Kirbyatic  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Anyone down for some Super SF4 on friday?

I'm down, theres no way I'm gonna miss out on playing you guys for a 3rd week.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I just got the game, I'd like to take my time with this. I'll join you guys for some matches later though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Incognito  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The matches are pretty casual, you don't need to worry, we hardly used our mains when I played. Infact, you may fight Dan the most to be quite honest.

Unfortunately for me I have a work shift that overlaps for this Fri. I'll catch you guys next week.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito wrote:
The matches are pretty casual, you don't need to worry, we hardly used our mains when I played. Infact, you may fight Dan the most to be quite honest.

Unfortunately for me I have a work shift that overlaps for this Fri. I'll catch you guys next week.

Yeah, unless we say its time for a serious match, we just either pick random, or dan. It leads to a good time, pretty fun, and no one just at the top killing everyone. Usually, because when someone does that (which hasn't happened yet), then we just pull out our mains.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then, sounds like it could be fun. What time do you usually set these up on Friday?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
OK then, sounds like it could be fun. What time do you usually set these up on Friday?

Usually I get online as soon as I get home, so I'll be on XBL at 7PM EST. Send me a friend request if you like, so I can invite everyone.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright i should be in tonight, send me an invite whenever.

benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got a call I dont work tonight but my brothers been playing Red Dead online so I may not make it tonight

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'm in game, lets do this.
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the tournament update comes out, we should have some SH tournaments.

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
When the tournament update comes out, we should have some SH tournaments.

YES!

Tuesday's coming, did you bring your coat?

I live in a giant bucket!

HOYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Who is up for some SF4 on friday?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 37 of 53

Jump to: