ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Code Hero: A game that teaches programming!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Code Hero: A game that teaches programming! Reply with quote

This is a game that, as a Computer Science major, is really interesting to me. It is currently in development and recently passed their KickStarter goal of $100,000 to begin full-time development!.

Quote:
Code Hero is a game that teaches you how to make games so you can learn to code while you play with a Code Gun that shoots Javascript in Unity 3D!

This is your code gun! Shoot code to execute it on the target on impact. Copy, tweak and write code to alter the 3D world from the inside out.

To move a platform down, shoot hitObject.transform.position.y-=2;

As of now, if you donate as little as $1, you can get access to the beta. The amount of levels as of now is very little and teaches you the very basics of Javascript and Unity programming, but already has 1 boss battle that will require you to combine the 2 to beat it!

Anyone else here checking this game out like I am? I've already beaten the Javascript levels (Quite simple since I already knew everything there).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's got a lot of potential . Any word on if buying the beta means you get the full game and updates free (like with many games)?

EDIT:

I'm a dumbass, didn't actually read the article you linked to XP.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!

Last edited by Qarx on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Sounds like it's got a lot of potential . Any word on if buying the beta means you get the full game and updates free (like with many games)?

If you pledge 13 dollars or more you do. But anything below that I believe you only get the demo.

Quote:
2361 Backers

Elite Hacker Name Your Price Edition You are an elite hacker and will receive the full game along with exclusive access to enter the mysterious in-game 1337 club for any purchase prices above $13.37.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:

If you pledge 13 dollars or more you do. But anything below that I believe you only get the demo.

Quote:
2361 Backers

Elite Hacker Name Your Price Edition You are an elite hacker and will receive the full game along with exclusive access to enter the mysterious in-game 1337 club for any purchase prices above $13.37.

Well, may as well pay $13.37, then. Crossing fingers that it works on my shitty computer .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:

Quote:
2361 Backers

Well, may as well pay $13.37, then. Crossing fingers that it works on my shitty computer .

Might want to pay $13.38, as it states "Purchase prices ABOVE $13.37"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right. Thanks for the heads-up! Just changed it to $13.38 XP.

EDIT:

Well, played through the tutorial for javascript, and I'm still not too sure how to play... I get the feeling I'll need to do it again to get a firm grasp on how that language works .

My Backloggery
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds neat! I've actually been using unity with JavaScript for a year and a half so this is right up my alley. The transform stuff is way too basic, but I could possibly learn some things from the game. Might be a good way to learn more about coding games.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
Sounds neat! I've actually been using unity with JavaScript for a year and a half so this is right up my alley. The transform stuff is way too basic, but I could possibly learn some things from the game. Might be a good way to learn more about coding games.

Yeah, the levels out right now are pretty basic, which is good for a game claiming to be able to teach people. Perhaps once the game comes out and they add the more advanced levels you'll find it fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: