ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Smashing Pumpkins to Debut Single Exclusively for GH:WT!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Smashing Pumpkins to Debut Single Exclusively for GH:WT! Reply with quote

In-Game Model of Vocalist and Lead Guitarist, Billy Corgan, and “Today”
from Four Times-Platinum Album Siamese Dream To Rock On-Disc at Launch

Santa Monica, CA – September 2, 2008

The Smashing Pumpkins, one of rock's defining and most acclaimed bands who've sold over 30 million albums, is coming to Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour in a ground-breaking way as the band will debut their new single “G.L.O.W.” exclusively in the game. This marks the first time a band has recorded a new song exclusively for the franchise which will be released afterwards, giving Guitar Hero® fans exclusive access to Smashing Pumpkins music before anyone else. The new track, bundled with two other rocking Smashing Pumpkins hits, “1979” and “The Everlasting Gaze,” will be available post-launch of the game as a three-song downloaded content pack.

Additionally, on-disc with the release of Guitar Hero World Tour this fall, The Smashing Pumpkins’ singer, songwriter and lead guitarist Billy Corgan will appear as an in-game character and will bring with him “Today,” the band’s smash hit from their pivotal and four-times platinum 1993 album Siamese Dream. “Today” is one of the band’s many hits that have defined the alternative music era and continue to resonate on modern rock radio, influencing a whole new generation. Players will be able to experience the unique alternative rocker’s likeness in-game as he sings and shreds on guitar, or play as the revered rock star throughout their vocal and axe careers.

When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of guitarists, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Guitar Hero World Tour. The latest installment in the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero’s signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands,” which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online for the first time ever. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock ‘n’ roll anthems. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision Publishing maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision Publishing and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as “outlook”, “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes”, “may”, “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

###

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ and may require an additional subscription.

© 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

“PlayStation”, “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Dumple  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCKING YES 1979!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!1

\m/ \m/(My favorite Smashing Pumpkins song)

Last edited by Dumple on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
diddin  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Pumpkins, and this is a great idea!

But does this mean no Bullet With Butterfly Wings?

And Today is in RB2 .

EDIT: And 1979! YES!

Last edited by diddin on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
thedevilsreject  

WAIT.....THE EVERLASTING GAZE?????????!!!!

Im fucking amazed they finally put it in, im picking this up for sure

Brilliant!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
schoof  

Wow, this news really starts my day off on the right foot, awesome!

Thanks JC!

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO!, but hang on:

JCirri wrote:
the band will debut their new single “G.L.O.W.” exclusively in the game. This marks the first time a band has recorded a new song exclusively for the franchise which will be released afterwards

Didn't Dragonforce just do that with Heroes Of Our Time?

Anyway it doesn't matter, I remember seeing pictures of Billy Corgan in a mo-cap suit and I guess it's a great addition to the game, very nice.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
richy1877  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumple wrote:
FUCKING YES 1979!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!1

\m/ \m/(My favorite Smashing Pumpkins song)

took the words right out my mouth and typed them in a post

3. I said: It doesn't matter what the intentions of the artist were, but instead the quality of the end product. If I really thought that taking a dump on the sidewalk would end bloodshed in the Congo, should I be given a Nobel Peace Prize for my efforts? Clearly not.
yamo5  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so it looks like Neversfot is picking it up with the DLC..

YEA BOI!!!!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
WOOHOO!, but hang on:

JCirri wrote:
the band will debut their new single “G.L.O.W.” exclusively in the game. This marks the first time a band has recorded a new song exclusively for the franchise which will be released afterwards

Anyway it doesn't matter, I remember seeing pictures of Billy Corgan in a mo-cap suit and I guess it's a great addition to the game, very nice.

Nope, Dragonforce released Heroes of Our Time about a month before the GH3 DLC on their Myspace page. Plus their entire new album was leaked in the middle of July so they can't have exclusively done one song from it for a game :P

also, obligatory "FUCK YEAH SMASHING PUMPKINS"

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Necromac  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
WOOHOO!, but hang on:

JCirri wrote:

I think it means the new song was made specifically for guitar hero, and willalso be released later, while Heroes Of Our Time was jus released for GH before the album

EDIT: DAMMIT, My first Ninja

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
BenniWells  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
BenniWells wrote:
WOOHOO!, but hang on:

JCirri wrote:

Nope, Dragonforce released Heroes of Our Time about a month before the GH3 DLC on their Myspace page. Plus their entire new album was leaked in the middle of July so they can't have exclusively done one song from it for a game :P

also, obligatory "FUCK YEAH SMASHING PUMPKINS"

Thanks Silly, now I know

......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why isnt october 26th !?!? !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links for lazy people

The Everlasting Gaze- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVjDvJ0AfxY

1979- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2snP7rGP6g

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
BenniWells  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
why isnt october 26th !?!? !!!

Because its after September, which is the 9th month, and before November, which is the 11th month, therefore making October the 10th, not the 26th. Come back once you get an education son.

......................\/
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1979 is sex
the new song isn't too shabby either
it'll be awesome on vocals especially 2:49 ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: