ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Metallica's "Death Magnetic" to release this Friday!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrivenInsane  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must say, I kinda liked it.
Well, it's not something you can say "hooooly cow, this album simply rocks, and stuff", but still it's not entirely crap and, if there's crap, it turns out to be in a lesser proportion than in Load/ReLoad.

Oh, what am I saying, "if there's crap"? Ditch the "if", there IS one utter piece of crap that does not deserve to be called music and/or Metallica, and it goes by the name The Unforgiven III. It's slow, boring and painful to listen.

Also, Suicide and Redemption isn't quite the instrumental I was expecting. I think it'd make no difference if it had lyrics, because it sounds like it was meant to have lyrics. At least it's a real good song to play some fighting arcade to (especially if it's something like Killer Instinct) or shit.

While the other songs don't sound as painful as St. Anger did as a whole, some of them can bore you enough to make you feel like doing something else, and even after you're done doing that "thing else", it's still not over! I know that there's people out there who likes long songs, but listening to a 10-track where 9 of them exceed six minutes is torturing, to say the least, for better than the music is (and imagine if it's some top-notch thing - it might make you prisoner in your own room!). To me, the ideal long song* is that which makes you forget its longness.

*My definition of length to songs:
-> Less than 3 minutes: short;
-> 3 to 6 minutes: average;
-> Over 6 minutes: long.

Some songs do deserve praise, like Broken, Beat & Scarred, My Apocalypse, All Nightmare Long (the best by far) and, to a lesser extent, The Judas Kiss. I don't think I need to elaborate on these, so I'll finish right here.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should see this as a great DLC. Bunch of long, hard, chokeable songs from beggining to end. The solo's including "The Day That Never Comes", is very easy to fail for some amature expert players. HAHA! This will be fun...

metalfan914  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a response to DriverInsane. Yah, the Death Magnetic album songs are a little boring. I have all Metallica albums, even their live stuff. But Death Magnetic kinda bored me after a 5 times listen to all the songs. Haha.

JLynn  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalfan914 wrote:
The solo's including "The Day That Never Comes", is very easy to fail for some amature expert players.

Frustrating, indeed. I'm tired of failing after an 800+ note streak because of the ~!@# solos.
wesamwewe  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: