ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does DDR have lag on a HDTV?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lo7  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Does DDR have lag on a HDTV? Reply with quote

I bought today DDR Universe for 360 and I was wondering if I could play it PROPERLY on my HDTV. The game requires a sharp precision (like GH, which DOES have lag) so I really wish it's synchronized...

04/20/08 ~ 1st to get 200 FCs across all games! | I HAS VIDZ ON YOUTUBE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Loseven
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know that DDR Extreme 2 has lag on my HDTV, I don't know if it does for the X360 though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, that's some bad news.
I can't play with the dance mat in my room (where I play GH and have my old TV) as there is absolutely no free space...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Loseven
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont you have any other tvs you can use couse it looks like your only option

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

neoMAXCML  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR should have a timing adjustment in the options... Probably in the sound options. If it's early then increase the timing. It's it's late then decrease it. Guitar Hero III had the calibrate option as well.
peacelovetequila  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just install Stepmania to your Laptop, dump all of the DDR and ITG songs in there, hook it up to the HDTV, and then adjust SM's global offset. I imagine that would work.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peacelovetequila wrote:
Just install Stepmania to your Laptop, dump all of the DDR and ITG songs in there, hook it up to the HDTV, and then adjust SM's global offset. I imagine that would work.

That would work perfect. But, now, you're opening up a whole new can of worms, being that most of the usb to ps2 adapters, have lag in the steps. I went through this myself. The only thing I could find with true no lag, is a parallel port to ps2 adapter, and you can't find those anywhere anymore.
riyunoa  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, don't 360 controllers come in USB? I thought that dance mat might be USB as well. If that's the case you could probably use it with Stepmania on PC. I have also heard that HDTVs have improved and lag isn't that big of an issue any more.

Lo7 wrote:
I bought today DDR Universe for 360 ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had huge amounts of lag on my HDTV wiht GH while using an HDMI cable, buT I used the AV cables and all the lag was gone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
I had huge amounts of lag on my HDTV wiht GH while using an HDMI cable, buT I used the AV cables and all the lag was gone.

That's because if you're playing it through RCA cables (red/white/yellow), you're not playing the game in HD, and therefore no lag. :P

And to answer your question Lo, you can substitute DDR in your question with ANY game and the answer will be yes, unless certain steps are taken to avoid it. HD lag isn't on a game by game basis, it's just much easier to feel it on games like GH or DDR.

Things that suck : Christianity, metal music, iPhones, Twitter, WoW, anime, 9/11 conspiracies and most of all, censorship.
altairian  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velocity92C wrote:
muna wrote:

That's because if you're playing it through RCA cables (red/white/yellow), you're not playing the game in HD, and therefore no lag. :P

Er no? My 360 came with a component HD cable...and I'm fairly certain all other 360's did as well. It's the one with 6 connectors at the end :P

Feel free to add me on XBL - GT: altairian
Currently working on RB2 guitar, and occasional vox
Velocity92C  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

altairian wrote:
Velocity92C wrote:
muna wrote:

Er no? My 360 came with a component HD cable...and I'm fairly certain all other 360's did as well. It's the one with 6 connectors at the end :P

What are you trying to say? I know what cables Xbox 360's come with, I own 2 of them. I said that if he was playing it with the red/white/yellow cables, he's not playing in HD.

What you're referring to with 6 connectors is the cables that all Xbox 360's come with. 3 of which are component (YPbPr, red/green/blue cables), 2 are used for audio (red/white cables) and there's a single RCA composite video cable (yellow cable). Pictured here, the 3 component are on the left, with the composite + audio cables on the right.

The component cables can be used for HD gaming, but with his terminology I assumed he was using the red/white/yellow cables with cannot carry an HD signal. Another thing that led to that assumption is that switching from HDMI to component would not change the amount of HD lag present assuming that the resolutions being used were the same. I know people will argue this point, but I don't really care. Anyway, hope that clears up any confusion for you.

Things that suck : Christianity, metal music, iPhones, Twitter, WoW, anime, 9/11 conspiracies and most of all, censorship.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

altairian wrote:
Velocity92C wrote:
muna wrote:

the arcade unit only has the red, yellow, and white.
sarysa  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got this game today, DDR Universe 3. I noticed two things...

- Audio lag is "Timing" in game settings. 1 = 10 ms difference. It only ranges from -10 to 10, or -100 to 100ms.
- There seems to be nothing for video lag. Keep this in mind if you plan to buy.

I was lucky, I made a non-informed purchase but it turned out my 90ms audio 10ms video lag monitor is okay with DDR3 afterall.

[edit: Ok, correction. It turns out 1 != 10ms, but it's fairly close. It may be something closer to 5ms. Still new to the game but I discovered hitting a little early on DDR Universe 1 gets me more Perfects. In any case, 0 timing = death, 10 timing = much better...and 10 = better than 9...]
Most difficult: Ramblin' Man (click to see!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: