ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do I get the singer to sing in custom songs?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: How do I get the singer to sing in custom songs? Reply with quote

I've got a lot of custom songs that look good but I want to make the singer do something, as well as the drummer. Does anyone have any ideas on how I do this?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
EamonValda  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u dont
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EamonValda wrote:
u dont

wtf? if the people at GH can do it, so can normal people
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragnorky wrote:
EamonValda wrote:
u dont

wtf? if the people at GH can do it, so can normal people
Theoretically, yes, but do you want to try and look at the files and reverse engineer it so you can make a program that lets people make it?
The thing is, of course it's theoretically possible, but it hasn't been figured out yet.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
BenniWells  

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was any way to edit character movements, it would be through tinkering with the .mid file, and it would take a very long time.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
mOBSCENE  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sorry for bumping)...but I have thought about this myself...

and my conclusion was: either you need an mp3 or mid file containing the singer(s) singing, and music, etc all in the appropriate sections, as well as editing some file.

and based on what i can see, if you go to DATA >> SONGS, you will see that songs with no vocals are much smaller.

impulse, cliffs of dover...etc. so apparently the jaw movements are in the SONGS .xen files.

what a great first post.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: JLAmOBSCENE
trogdor1oh1  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time i checked,the feedback chart creator had a singer editor,that allowed you to input guitar hero notes to make the singer's mouth move.

after experimenting,i found that the singer actually sang according to different vowels and stuff.
however,this is for guitar hero 2.gh3 is a different story.

but theoretically,should be possible.

see,if you try remove the animations on the pc version,you will see that the singer stays still in a retarded position,but his mouth is moving like he's still actually singing the song.
this proves that no actual animation tweaking is required.its all in the chart file.

we just need someone to decrypt the chart file and find what makes the singer's mouth tick.

same goes for the drummer,though the results of his tweaking are abit different.

the drummer actually hits the drums according to what is heard on the song itself.also,in practice mode,you hear the drumming exactly like on the song itself,just not the same drummer of course....

you also said something about how instrumental songs are smaller.i don't think that's relevant at all.

in the ps2 and wii versions,you replace the charts and music for the song you want to replace,right?but the events still stay,including the singer's mouth.

that proves there's probably more than one midi file being used...

so i'm guessing all of this is just midi.that's all i figured out.we just need to dig in and see what we can do...
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be in the chart files, it could just be in other animation files separate from the main body movements.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I'd say you'd have to get some software and then import it into your GH3, and even then you'd have to find the file for the specific song, break down into portions, time it, and so on. It would take a while.
aznv3t  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I'd say you'd have to get some software and then import it into your GH3, and even then you'd have to find the file for the specific song, break down into portions, time it, and so on. It would take a while.
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its actually not that hard, just use the trial version of anvil studio XD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psuzeppelin5 wrote:
its actually not that hard, just use the trial version of anvil studio XD

what is it supposed to do and can you create like a text guide on how to do it?
trogdor1oh1  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically what he's trying to say is that you should try download anvil studio and extract the .mid file and feed it to anvil.
then you check track by track to see which one makes sounds according to the lyrics.
make sure to have the mp3 or game by your side to compare.

while you're at it,try to figure out if different notes make the mouth move in different vowels.
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapstah wrote:
It doesn't have to be in the chart files, it could just be in other animation files separate from the main body movements.

In fact, the singer's mouth movements are separate to the main body movements. There is a whole section in the PAK and PAB files that is dedicated to animations of the singer and drummer. So I'm thinking that to make the singer sing, we are going to have to create another PAK file to place in with the others and see what happens to the singer and drummer then.
Senthoney  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly people! All you need is the game engine:
get it at
www.notgunnahappen.com/tonyhawkengine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: