ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do I get the singer to sing in custom songs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonicandshadow97 wrote:
Yes. Apparently no one has GHIIIPC but I'll get it soon and try dumping the VOC into a custom. I am not sure when I'll get it cause FEDEX SUCKS LOL
I have GH3 PC, but I somehow messed up my installation such that I can't disable the black background speed boost, so I can't tell if the changes work. Here's what I know about the singer's mouth moving:
In original files in the SONGS directory, (*_song.pak.xen, also contains the charts) there are a series of files named like "GH3_Singer_Male_BlackMagicWoman_1". In this example, there is also a "..._2" and no others. In TTFAF, for example, it goes from _1 to _6. I don't know what format those files are. They have no file extension. Each file is generally around 400-1000 KB.
In custom files generated by GHTCP, when I use the same extraction tool, it doesn't see a normal file name, and instead names the only file, which I'm supposing is the new mid.qb (notes) file something like "CRCNAME_8fb8ef90".
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont ever remember saying i was working with GH3PC.

im working with GH2 .VOC's.

Even now though , its going ok.

Managed to find a hypervisor thanks to my grandad and currently trying to strip it down as far as possible.
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:

Managed to find a hypervisor thanks to my grandad and currently trying to strip it down as far as possible.

ok. i found all the textures for the hud and stuff. it's in Data/Zones/global.tex.xen/global_gfx

have a look around in there and see what you can find =P

GHWT FC: 3781 - 2907 - 9191
GH3 FC: 5112 - 3596 - 6384
Brawl FC: 4296 - 4610 - 8054
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragnorky wrote:
GuardianDemon wrote:

ok. i found all the textures for the hud and stuff. it's in Data/Zones/global.tex.xen/global_gfx

have a look around in there and see what you can find =P

They have absolutly nothing to do with the singing animation.
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know -.- btw have we got anywhere?

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 378129079191
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , i can confirm that the .VOC files are indeed the animation stuff for the singer , but i hit a dead end at that and am currently looking for a VOC editor.

There appeaars to be 1 by logitech , but i cant seem to find it.
Still looking for it thoiugh.
Anathema  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, maybe someone can help, I have been trying to get the singer to sing also and i may have stumbled upon something , but need help figuring it out

I extracted the sfx.wad, and inside the wad are the same looking folders that come out of the datap.wad that you extract normally.

Inside the wad is a folder that is named "songs" with all the pak files inside, but you cannot extract these paks, inside the paks are the qbpab files

If you use pakeditor to extract the files it will not work, but if you use pakeditor and type "list" instead of "extract" it wil give you a txt file that shows you what is inside the pak and it says "songname.mid.qb.ps2 and songname_song_scripts.qb.ps2.

Generally pointing to the pak in the datap.wad when you extract a song it gives you the 2 files songname.mid.qb.ps2 and songname_song_scripts.qb.ps2.

I then used midiqbparse to make a qbp file (qbp = qbpab) pointer file

I then tried to use pakeditor to relace the qbpab file in the sfx.wad.
The editor started working and giving me a list that says replacing offfset # ......................
offfset # ......................

It looks to be working, but then it just stops and says that pakeditor has run in to a problem and needs to close

I need to find a pak editor that will finish the job

I belive this will point to the band animations making the band sync with the music, making the singer sing

help is much appreciated
Thank you

P.S.

all tools for Guitar Hero/Rock Band Software can be found here

http://www.malictus.net/ghrbsoftware/

Many of the links here were compiled from the scorehero forums
sonicandshadow97  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have GHIII and I have succefully put about 25 customs on it. This doesnt really matter now to me though because I have to use the black screen. But I will still help.

It seems like you could be on to something. Dont forget, though, not all GH and RB tools are on that page. There could be one WAAAAAAAAY back on the forums written in a way that is perfect for what we need it for.... But most likely not.

My Accomplishments. Come here or he will find you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 4584909948493616
Anathema  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a screenshot here hope it shows, if it does show....... this is with pakeditor trying to replace a qbp file

I made a mistake before.. This is what is in the pak fle in the sfx.wad when you type 'list" with pakeditor

Type: 2F110025
File number: 0
Offset: -535434716
(Loading PAB file anarchyintheuk.pab.ps2...)

So trying to replace qbp file in this pak would be practical....?

The list I was tallking about before comes from the dbg.pak

You say you have successfully put in 25 custom songs, does the band sync to those songs, if they do please tell, how you did that...

Im trying to get everything to align/sync up... I have successfully put together some customs myself , but the band never syncs to the music, just the guitarist does

Im searching the whole contents of the disk, trying to find the answer
Anathema  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the pic

This trying to put a qbp file into the pak within the sfx.wad
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking hard and long and here's another idea: Create tracks using feedback, for like drums and everything else. Then, convert the .chart into a Rock Band .mid file. From there, open it up in a midi program and again, change the PART_VOCALS to BAND_VOCALS. I just thought of this because the bassist plays PART_BASS, so I thought this might work too.

P.S. I say put it in to convert to Rock Band because Rock Band is compatible with the PART_DRUMS and PART_VOCALS.

-ragnorky-

sonicandshadow97  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragnorky wrote:
I've been thinking hard and long and here's another idea: Create tracks using feedback, for like drums and everything else. Then, convert the .chart into a Rock Band .mid file. From there, open it up in a midi program and again, change the PART_VOCALS to BAND_VOCALS. I just thought of this because the bassist plays PART_BASS, so I thought this might work too.

P.S. I say put it in to convert to Rock Band because Rock Band is compatible with the PART_DRUMS and PART_VOCALS.

-ragnorky-

No. Make a chart, convert it, and instead of your idea, put in Band Vocals, then go into the KR (Karaoke Revolution) Maker, then put lyrics in there(?)

It is how you put vox into RB.

My Accomplishments. Come here or he will find you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 4584909948493616
ragnorky  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, looking all the way back to mOBSCENE's post on the first page, I just had a look and the songs without vocals (my customs included) are so much smaller than the ones with vocals:

bowsershredder_song.pak.xen: 24KB
one_song.pak.xen: 2412 KB

That 2388KB difference MUST be the singers movements. I never actually got mOBSCENE's post. NOW I DO. All we would need would be a .xen editor and see what comes up if we open both of the files above.

GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually still looking into this . i'll post everything else that i have discovered later on either today or tommorow.
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of editing the .VOC file directly, could there be a way you could export the contents so you can edit in in a 3D imaging program like 3DS Max?

If i remeber correctly, one of the movies you can buy from the store, Slash's, Morello's or somebody's, shows them wearing a mo cap suit, then it shows a glimpse of a computer screen running 3DS Max recording the data from the mo cap suit.

Ive only added the customs to GHIII, never messed with anything else, so I appologize if this is a stupid question.

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: