ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I want to make a wahwah pedal, any tips?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nieschizzle  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: I want to make a wahwah pedal, any tips? Reply with quote

My friend has a pedal he doesn't want anymore for his electric and I've decided to make a wahwah pedal out of it. Has this been attempted before and if so is there anything i should know? I really can't wait 'til I hit a long note and just mash the pedal lol.
AlCapwned  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you making it as a whammy bar sort of thing? If so, the whammy bar is a potentiometer, a type of user-manipulated variable resistor that you'll have to emulate in the pedal.
Slazer  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlCapwned wrote:
Are you making it as a whammy bar sort of thing? If so, the whammy bar is a potentiometer, a type of user-manipulated variable resistor that you'll have to emulate in the pedal.

lol, i doubt many people understood that AlCapwned.

basically you need to either create another module similar to the one in the guitar, or just take the one out of the guitar and put it in the pedal. if you have any technical experience at all it should be pretty simple. you'd need to get wire extensions of some sort and have a spot where they can come out of the guitar and go to the pedal too...i don't really see a point in this, but if you wanna do it i guess thats your decision. have fun!

<-- add this to your sig!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: