ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero World Tour - Preview and Impressions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fcedyourmom  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProjectRain127 wrote:
What the hell is that about? Still being able to get star power while star power is activated, that is a huge step down IMO. Now it's just a case of activating when there are more notes, you don't have to think your way around each SP phase. Using the GH:A hopo's was a huge mistake too, all World Tour needed to be was GH3's system + the new instruments and it would have been a success.

Looks like I'll be spending another couple of years on GH3 then until the next GH release.

GH:3's hopos are broken, and GH:2/GH:A's are only hard if you started on gh3, and they aren't even that hard then. You're basically saying "OMG Neversoft y do i hav to hit the buton on tiem?" Hammerons should be hit in time. Besides, they seem almost identical to GH:3 to me anyway.

eLITeFUBAR  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: help with ps2 Reply with quote

i got a older ps2 and it is not working all i get is a disk read error
i dont know if this has been sayed yet but plz help me!!!!

ProjectRain127  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcedyourmom wrote:
ProjectRain127 wrote:
What the hell is that about? Still being able to get star power while star power is activated, that is a huge step down IMO. Now it's just a case of activating when there are more notes, you don't have to think your way around each SP phase. Using the GH:A hopo's was a huge mistake too, all World Tour needed to be was GH3's system + the new instruments and it would have been a success.

Looks like I'll be spending another couple of years on GH3 then until the next GH release.

GH:3's hopos are broken, and GH:2/GH:A's are only hard if you started on gh3, and they aren't even that hard then. You're basically saying "OMG Neversoft y do i hav to hit the buton on tiem?" Hammerons should be hit in time. Besides, they seem almost identical to GH:3 to me anyway.

I don't get how they were broken, I stand by my star power rant though.
lilo95  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: bjhvdfskgvhjs Reply with quote

StarStricken wrote:
rollingthunder9 wrote:
I HAVE IT YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 IM ABOUT TO PLAY

Prepare for the disappointment of a lifetime.

Worst guitar hero ever made besides aerosmith.

Is the Dream Theatre song even failable??

IS the game THAT bad?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: bjhvdfskgvhjs Reply with quote

lilo95 wrote:
StarStricken wrote:
rollingthunder9 wrote:

Is the Dream Theatre song even failable??

IS the game THAT bad?

Absolutely not LOL

There's a little compensation, a little getting used to, but its not bad. I love it.

Give people time to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself LOVE the game. the music studio is a bit of a dissapointment, but the GHtunes is great. the only problem on mine is that the audio get louder and quieter, like it fades in and out. i cant figure it out
RhythmBastard  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GHStudio is at least a brave experiment, I'm at the very least going to rent it and play the hell out of it. Everything looks good this year.

@newbie101: IF YOU PREORDERED AT GAMESTOP YOU COULD HAVE A SPECIAL CODE TO UNLOCK ALL 85 SONGS!!! LIKE, BEFORE THE CODE IS ON THE INTERNET 2 HOURS BEFORE THE THING IS RELEASED!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: DtotheG88
Klammer160193  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, can u play GH:WT online on ps2? i couldnt find anyone saying that you could... and i reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally want to play gh:wt online (but first, i have to buy it :P)

please, answer!!
ty
[X] Have a Black Metal Band (also playing thrash, death and grindcore)
[]TTFAF on expert
[] End school successfully(xD)
[]5* reing in blood

FREE COUNT GRISHNACKH!!! HE ONLY KILLED EURONYMOUS AND BURNED A FEW CHURCHES!!!
xLeGiT--  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcedyourmom wrote:

how were gh:3's hopo's broken? I started out guitar hero on gh2 and i liked gh3's hopos ALOT more then gh2's.

the new game is alright though, not many difficult songs really. they really did dumb down the difficulty. i don't get why they did that i've read that it was because gh3 was too difficult? well the whole point of 'expert' is because its for well 'experts'

im not big on the hopos in this game nor the whole layout at all. hopefully they get some good DLC. i heard that the new linkin park album is going to be on gh before the album is actually in stores but i think ill save my money on that.
xLeGiT--  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klammer160193 wrote:
hey, can u play GH:WT online on ps2? i couldnt find anyone saying that you could... and i reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally want to play gh:wt online (but first, i have to buy it :P)

please, answer!!
ty

I don't think so.
InsolentWill  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: help with ps2 Reply with quote

eLITeFUBAR wrote:
i got a older ps2 and it is not working all i get is a disk read error
i dont know if this has been sayed yet but plz help me!!!!

Not to sound like I'm insulting your intelligence or anything, but you did buy the PS2 version of the game...right?

I also play on an older PS2, and I have noticed some clicking here and there but everything has worked. Someone in another thread mentioned that it took 2-5 minutes to load each song. I'm experiencing about 20-30 seconds of wait time, so it's not that end of the world. I am rather disappointed that there is no "Replay Song" option upon completion of a song (at least the first time through the "Play Complete Gig"...maybe that option is there once you beat it and go back to play it again?)

If you definitely have the PS2 version and it still doesn't work, it's probably your system, seeing as it's probably at least 5 years old. I would suggest bringing the game back and getting a replacement. If it still does not work, you might have to have your system tuned up (or consider getting a new one).

Hope it helps,
~iw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: bjhvdfskgvhjs Reply with quote

StarStricken wrote:
rollingthunder9 wrote:

All you seem to be doing is replying to people that are excited about the game with your own opinions about how much you dislike it- it's really beginning to annoy me. I could care less how easy it is for you and how you don't like the fact the dream theater song isn't as hard as Constant Motion or Panic Attack. I think you would have more fun on the RB side on Scorehero where you don't have to read anything about this terrible game that nobody should buy.
Cam  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I have to say the game is alot easier than GH3 or even GH2. I place it about the same level as Aerosmith. I 5* every Expert song on Aerosmith in about 24 hours & I 5* every one except Hot For Teacher in 48 hours. I have it for PS2 so I won't even be able to get the DLC that other people with 360s & PS3s will get but I still like it. At least I don't think it's as bad as alot of other people are saying. Plus, one reason I think it might be "easier" is because I'm getting progressively better with each new game. I remember starting out seriously on GH2 & failing Institutionalized & Free Bird on MEDIUM!!! I got just the game with the new guitar, which other than the blasted start buttons on each side of the SP button & for me the tilt sensitivity, I think it's the best controller to date that I've played. I can't say anything about the drums, vocals, or any kind of full band play but as far as just the guitar/bass aspects, it's a good game & worth the money.

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could help me with a path for Monsoon on Expert Guitar seeing as how there isn't an official section for WT SP path yet. I sightread FC'd it & I can't seem to get a higher score even with what I thought was a better path. I hope I didn't just squeeze like crazy for me cuz' I want a better picture of the results. My score is just over 376,500 so I'd like to try to go for 380 if possible without crazy squeezes cuz' I'm still t3h suck @ squeezing.
steve028  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i live in aus so i cant pick this up until nov 12th, just wondering what some of you think of the gh wt engine , i know that its similar to gh A etc etc. and also what song charts for guitar can i look forward to, thanks : )

and starstricken, don't reply to this cos i know u will just say something about how bad the game is

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Personally, I have to say the game is alot easier than GH3 or even GH2.

I haven't played through Expert yet because I wanted to start on Hard, but I have noticed (and I'm only about 75 songs into the game), that there are only like 4 or 5 songs that I don't think I could FC. In past games I have FCed like 35-40% of Hard songs, but most of these do seem dreadfully easy. Did they really dumb down the difficulty that much?

That being said, just because it's "easy" does not mean it's not "fun."

~iw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: