ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
iamchris4life (GH Live -- In Due Time Descending Triplets FC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 FGFC is epic win

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tad overdue. lol But congrats on finally getting this FC along with a FGFC!
Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
GH3 FGFC is epic win

Also, lol overdue

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, to me your FGFC has always been more of a when than an if. Not that I would know, but I can almost imagine that this may have been a long-term goal that has been nagging you for years now. Like that it might be the main thing that brought you back to GH. If I had 69/70 I know I would have a hard time ignoring the last one, especially if it wasn't TTFAF.

Either way, this is such an awesome accomplishment! major congrats!

As for your question, I believe that, and the question about how points are accumilated on backend tick squeezes are unknown. I've never seen anything about it everywhere I've looked. All the squeezers I've talked to don't seem to have a clue about it either. You can look here for an idea on your question maybe. It's slow enough to at least see where the burst occurs, but I can't say it's the same place for every squeeze that is frontended that much.

Edit: Link isn't working... hmm.

This isn't totally new. It's just that this behaves so irrationally that nobody bothered to figure it out. The reverse tick squeezes that you mention are ones that have to be activated just before the burst, so only the burst will be under star power, the rest of the sustain will be outside. Generation Rock is an example of a reverse tick squeeze that is not like that. In that song you activate a bit before the burst to get as many extra ticks as possible. Clearly this doesn't always yield 32 points. But what does happen is that you can either get the amount of ticks that is 1st place now or 8 less or 12 more. 4 less or 4 more or 8 more are all impossible to get somehow. Why is that?

Well it has been observed by multiple people, Barfo has talked about it for example, that ticks accumulate weirdly in NSFT games. You seem to get ticks in chunks of 2 or 3, possibly other sizes too, but I haven't heard of it. Just 1 tick never seems to happen (it might though). This would also be why you can't get just 1 tick on the MNiJ tick squeeze. How late you hit a sustain affects the accumulation in some way, maybe the burst size is increased as was thought before, but it might just be that the burst is moved. This would explain the "always 32 points" bursts. But I do think that still differs from case to case, because I know that I have gotten 28 points on a reverse tick squeeze, and 36 on the same, but never 32. I would love some more insight in all of this. The "science of GH squeezing" (especially GH3) is somewhat of a interest of mine that has grown bigger than squeezing itself lately. Or perhaps it's rather the unanswered questions that keep me from squeezing (I want to know theoretical optimals)...
[/OFFTOPIC]
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought you were capable of this. Congrats, Chris. It may be overdue, but whatever, it's an epic FGFC. Do you think you might FC The Devil Went Down to Georgia (if you haven't already)?

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
I've always thought you were capable of this. Congrats, Chris. It may be overdue, but whatever, it's an epic FGFC. Do you think you might FC The Devil Went Down to Georgia (if you haven't already)?

I had the tech FC minus the intro strumming ages ago. It's the strumming that made me never want to go for the FC ever

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamchris4life wrote:
BlueTornado wrote:

I had the tech FC minus the intro strumming ages ago. It's the strumming that made me never want to go for the FC ever

I always found it funny how I could hit the strumming but never dream of doing some of those solos.

Congratulations on the long overdue FGFC, you really should have been the first of many.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on the One FC and FGFC, absolutely epic .

Bj0rn wrote:
This would explain the "always 32 points" bursts. But I do think that still differs from case to case, because I know that I have gotten 28 points on a reverse tick squeeze, and 36 on the same, but never 32. I would love some more insight in all of this.

Look at the Jukebox Hero leaderboard. Obviously, I'm the only one who hit the green late, and activated. Look how much I'm ahead of you by; 32 points. My comment on that song is wrong though, so don't pay attention to that. You and I would be tied for 1st if I didn't hit the green late. There's more examples I can give you, but I'd PM it to you or something.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
stephit  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice job, i've just been reminiscent over those good old days lol, nice 2 see u get FCFC :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bout fuckin time you got a gh3 fgfc. great job man.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome job man. This of course was more of a when not an if. What's next do you think? Anyway, I hope that one day I have the skills to pull off this amazing FC, and to do be at your level .
RaylanCloss  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job bro, I know how One is a pain in the ass >_>
Fun fact, I started playing GH after your TTFAF FC and got this FGFC before you lol
Anyway, you should go for the other games too, if you're still playing this shit
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump from the grave

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris, good to see you back. Mind joining the FGFC race?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back! If you play GHTV regularly it will give you the coins necessary to purchase plays, as well as the occasional bonus from Premium shows and rank ups. However, I agree with you on practice mode and on the party pass being unavailable from in-game currency. Why not make it 6,000 Hero Cash and be done with it? I guess we will never know. Good luck with the game, I am sure you will be top of the leaderboards soon enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: