ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The ScoreHero Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now rkcr needs to edit the greasemonkey script lol

nice JC

edit: WIKI BUTTON FTMFW

Last edited by toymachine on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do I add a wiki button to my userbar?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for all the thanks! It's much appreciated and I'm glad that everyone is enjoying and participating in the new system.

Now I'll try to respond to the unanswered questions/comments.

ajanata wrote:
The wiki itself is linking to just "YourSHUsername" when it wants to link to a user page (for example, the owner of a page). However, the homepage does seem to be functioning correctly. I don't think people would be following these links to editing the 'wrong' page for themselves (because it says "You own this page" instead), but it is still something that should get fixed.

Fixed those owner links as well as the username shown in comments, let me know if any other instances come up.

KrakenEater wrote:
I thought GH1 didn't have co-op, or did they add that when they made it into DLC? Regardless, there are no co-op charts in Guitar Hero 1, so I don't think we need that.

Thanks, that was indeed a bug and I've removed the co-op links from GH1.

footballtom3685 wrote:
One note about the wiki for JCirri/any other mods:
-There seem to be a pretty large amount of rank issues, I'm 0th for some songs, 65,000ish for others, and on the song I have first on it tells me somebody else is first. Hopefully this isn't a big deal and there'll be a quick fix for it but there are a good deal of these errors.

Can you give me an example of a song showing an incorrect rank? I'm sure there's some problems but they shouldn't be difficult to fix once I know where they're at.

LethalFishEater wrote:
This is absolutely amazing JCirri. I have the tiniest little suggestion for this, the list of songs for Rock Band 1 and 2 seem extremely long (especially RB1). Do you think you can create a stand alone article solely for Rock Band DLC?

Everything is integrated in such a way that the game articles are generated based on the way the score-tracking is defined. One of our plans is to separate RB DLC out to a different game which will also have the side-effect of creating a wiki new article. So this isn't something that will happen immediately, but can be expected for the future.

Fork1 wrote:
looks amazing jc, just wish there was a link back to scorehero on it, And that the wiki link on the nav bar stayed next to forum when youre on the forum.
those are the only things i could think of to improve it.

Both done.

ElvisLaw wrote:
I have noticed some problems on most (well most of the ones i checked) of the expert rock band 2 vocal pages. The link to the chart links to the expert drum chart and the expert drum page doesn't have a link at all. I clicked edit but this doesn't seem to be a part i can edit. See A Jagged gorgeous winter for and example. I also checked the hard page for it and it also links to the drum chart.

Drums and vocal chart links should be working now.

footballtom3685 wrote:
And if regular users do have the ability to add automatic redirecting pages, how can that be done?

I've added the ability to redirect pages by simply editing the page body to: "=>targetPageName" (without quotes).

Eastwinn wrote:
Hey, could we get a link sometime in our profile or at the bottom of our posts next to 'Profile' for our wiki page? Thanks, this is really great. =]

Edit: The formatting rules button in the edit area tries to open up /User_FormattingRules

As you can see, Wiki page buttons have been added to forum posts. The buttons only appear for users who have both activated and written something onto their wiki article.

I also have fixed the FormattingRules button link which should open a new page with the rules while you're editing a page.

PiemanLK wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem a little odd that you have to contribute money to edit? I'm certainly not against contributing to SH and I've planned to for a while now, but holding my editing privileges in a wiki (which, according to Wikipedia, is supposed to be free for anyone to edit by nature) hostage, seems a little...ironic? I guess if I have to, I have to, but I was planning on contributing out of my own free will, not because I need it to edit the wiki.

Yes, I agree that it's completely ironic to have to contribute in order to contribute. But it's only the Song and Game pages that are protected; anyone can still have their own User page, and add as many other contributing articles to the wiki as they choose.

It simply adds a layer of security primarilly to ensure that optimal paths don't get vandalized over time. Unlike informational articles, changing just a single character in a path completely invalidates the information and unless caught right away, would be very difficult to detect until someone actually tries the path and reports/changes it. The upgrade ensures that malicious users can't keep making new accounts to continue the abuse after being caught. Though as I mentioned, there are still plenty of ways to contribute to the wiki without upgrading.

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Is there anyway to edit or delete URL's/titles of pages? I really see this Wiki going downhill because people are just going to go crazy with creating new URLs for no reason. Why is there an "Abbreviations" wiki along with a "BNoF" wiki? It makes no sense. I've even created wikis like "Front-end", "Back-end", and "Pre-tilting" which all should be in a "GH_Terms" wiki.

Right now, while there is support for redirects, there's no functionality for moving pages. At least for staff, this is something I plan to add in the next several days.

garythemunter wrote:
Great work this is amazing!

Small bug, No song infobox is showing for any song on Guitar Hero 80s when you select the difficulty, seems to be working for all other games.
eg.
http://wiki.scorehero.com/Song_GH80S_LosAngeles_Solo_Easy

Guitar Hero 80s song pages should be fixed now.

Mushy2008 wrote:
how do I add a wiki button to my userbar?

1. Create your wiki page titled: User_Mushy2008
2. Write something on that page and submit.
3. View your forum button!

Thank you all again for contributing and reporting problems. Also many thanks to rkcr for categorizing pages and helping to improve the structure overall as things grow. I'm out all day today between work at the Ravens game, then a birthday dinner with my family. Tomorrow I'll be back to check on everything and move on with other much needed matters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this. It is quite unreal the amount of work that must have went into this...
Absolutely outstanding job man!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we know where you have been the last while. I forgot you ere doing this but it looks really really nice.

Thanks JC and to anyone else who helped, you guys are the definition of "Rock"

Last edited by sukergod on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so amazing. Awesome work JC! (And everone else who helped doing this)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
edit: WIKI BUTTON FTMFW

Compared to the old buttons, the new Wiki button looks so ugly...it's so out of proportion...

Anyway, the point of this post is, well, to re-ask the question I never got an answer to on page 6. Please answer this time? kthnxbai

How do you leave comments on pages? I clicked "Add Comments" and then I just got a link to "Hide comments/form", but I can't actually find where to input my comment.

EDIT: I just tried leaving a comment on the page for the BNoF, and it worked fine. I was trying on a song's page before. Can you just not comment on songs or something (maybe to prevent flaming?)?

EDIT 2: I then tried leaving a comment on someone's userpage, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
Fork1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jc, glad i could help

intehface fc's blackened:
Quote:

"oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh th ghat hsgba whahahtas black blackened butasf ajgjd buh buh blackened the metalli 313k hundred 1899 notestreak oh my god ohhhh my god omg. TAKE IT."
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
As you can see, Wiki page buttons have been added to forum posts. The buttons only appear for users who have both activated and written something onto their wiki article.

I also have fixed the FormattingRules button link which should open a new page with the rules while you're editing a page.

Thank you! I really didn't expect this wiki to come around so fast! This is just crazy
mightywarrior  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to edit some pages but can't find the darn link for it. WHERE IS IT?

Edit: Oh okay, it seems like I can't edit song pages.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: L1feSnatcher
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightywarrior wrote:
I want to edit some pages but can't find the darn link for it. WHERE IS IT?

Edit: Oh okay, it seems like I can't edit song pages.

You have to buy the ability to edit song pages with 5 contribution points, to prevent vandalism.

Read the first post, please...
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, wiki button and a whole new forum, this keeps getting better

As for incorrect ranks, I first noticed it on I Don't Wanna Stop Expert, where I am currently ranked 65,535th according to the wiki, and this problem is common for a lot of songs. Also, on I Know a Little Expert the person in first place according to the wiki has a lower score than me (I'm not first) and I am ranked 65,533. On Knock Me Down Expert it has me ranked as 0th when I should be 4th (or 5th?). I checked some of my better scores from other games and they all seem to be fine, it looks like On Tour is the game with the incorrect ranks at the moment although I obviously can't be sure.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just randomly noticed this, but the Red Hot Chili Peppers DLC is under the song list for RB2 and not the rest of the DLC. Everything else looks great though!

Edit: also under DLC on the RB2 page, the RB1 songs are under the DLC. Shouldn't the RB1 songs have it's own sub-section under RB2?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring it up here, because my topic went un-noticed:

The page for EWWS is completely messed up. It displays no info box, and cannot be edited.

I suspect that the umlaut in the link may be to blame. Maybe a sysop should change the page to "Song_GH3_ErntenWasWirSaeen" - as "ae" is a proper grammatical substitution for an a with an umlaut.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
I'll bring it up here, because my topic went un-noticed:

The page for EWWS is completely messed up. It displays no info box, and cannot be edited.

I suspect that the umlaut in the link may be to blame. Maybe a sysop should change the page to "Song_GH3_ErntenWasWirSaeen" - as "ae" is a proper grammatical substitution for an a with an umlaut.

It works if you escape the questionable letter. Just an encoding issue somewhere. The link you posted has %C3%A4 (what encoding is that?), whereas I used %E4 which is the UNICODE code point for it (U+00E4). Also note that the URL you posted doesn't even show an ä in the page name, rather it shows ä.

If the link you had came from a link elsewhere on the wiki, there's an encoding issues JCirri needs to figure out. If you typed it in, you used the wrong encoding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: