ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The ScoreHero Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
How do you leave comments on pages? I clicked "Add Comments" and then I just got a link to "Hide comments/form", but I can't actually find where to input my comment.

EDIT: I just tried leaving a comment on the page for the BNoF, and it worked fine. I was trying on a song's page before. Can you just not comment on songs or something (maybe to prevent flaming?)?

EDIT 2: I then tried leaving a comment on someone's userpage, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

User pages, by default, are not comment-able. Users need to "Edit ACLS" too change permissions.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
ManfredvonKarma wrote:
I'll bring it up here, because my topic went un-noticed:

The page for EWWS is completely messed up. It displays no info box, and cannot be edited.

I suspect that the umlaut in the link may be to blame. Maybe a sysop should change the page to "Song_GH3_ErntenWasWirSaeen" - as "ae" is a proper grammatical substitution for an a with an umlaut.

It works if you escape the questionable letter. Just an encoding issue somewhere. The link you posted has %C3%A4 (what encoding is that?), whereas I used %E4 which is the UNICODE code point for it (U+00E4). Also note that the URL you posted doesn't even show an ä in the page name, rather it shows ä.

If the link you had came from a link elsewhere on the wiki, there's an encoding issues JCirri needs to figure out. If you typed it in, you used the wrong encoding.

I should have double checked myself. That weird coding just happened on the copy/paste for some reason.

I navigated to the page through CategoryDLC.

[url=http://wiki.scorehero.com/Song_GH3_ErntenWasWirSäen]Actual Page[/url].

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is all the DLC since moving pictures included in the main setlist for rock band 2, and not the DLC selist? (http://wiki.scorehero.com/Game_RockBand2)

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
CompactDstrxion  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't really feeling like donating more money just to edit a wiki, and I'm rubbish at proofs. I would already be donating something towards the wiki, namely my time. Before people start accusing me I've already spent my points on something I can't even use because there are no sig images for GH:A. If I could take that back I would. I thought wikis were meant to be freely editable

Yeah it's $5 but... why...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompactDstrxion wrote:
Well I don't really feeling like donating more money just to edit a wiki, and I'm rubbish at proofs. I would already be donating something towards the wiki, namely my time. Before people start accusing me I've already spent my points on something I can't even use because there are no sig images for GH:A. If I could take that back I would. I thought wikis were meant to be freely editable

It's a prevention tactic. If contribution points weren't required, someone could create an account and then vandalize the important pages on the Wiki. There are still plenty of pages open for anyone to edit, and if you really want to contribute to the ones that you can't edit, leave comments on them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompactDstrxion wrote:

The beauty of the cutoff contribution point system is you don't even have to get close to get points. Judging from your sig, I'm going to assume you have GHA on 360. I just checked and there are a lot of songs with a 5* cutoff range of over 50,000 points on easy. Turn no-fail on and just get some scores in the middle of that range (or, to be even more helpful, close to the derived from 4* value), take pictures, and upload. It shouldn't take more than half an hour of work to get 5 contribution points for something that takes very little effort at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wiki is great =]
solusdelgar1  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking this wiki out and it is great so far! It is protected from abuse in a way that still allows normal folk (me) to edit it. Thanks so much for this and everything you've done in the past JCirri!

RB3?
TTFAF 928k(OLD)
XBL GT: Final Blud420SH
My Twitter Account!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Final Blud420SH
daUbern00b  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really digging the Wiki JCirri! Great work in getting it set up and all!

Read my blog for opinions on Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and more!
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I freakin' edit pages? This is killing me!

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Magnum- wrote:
How do I freakin' edit pages? This is killing me!

http://docs.wikkawiki.org/EditPageInfo

Note that not all pages can be edited by everyone. Some pages require a 5 contribution point upgrade before being able to edit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much JCirri. You've done so much for this site without us having to spend a single penny, I salute you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouzo wrote:

Note that not all pages can be edited by everyone. Some pages require a 5 contribution point upgrade before being able to edit.

Oh. Because I was trying to edit the song pages (so many are blank) how do I get contribution points?

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Magnum- wrote:
Ouzo wrote:

Oh. Because I was trying to edit the song pages (so many are blank) how do I get contribution points?

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49

Please search around before asking any more questions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know shwiki is a good idea but pretty much all of the info im looking for isnt there...most of the pages are blank. i mean thats pretty fucked up especially seeing as we cant add info to it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: