ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT Launch DLC Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llixanderill  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:

Even though Rock band releases greater quantities, most of it doesn't have the level of fun on guitar as the Guitar Hero dlc.

Every GH3 pack I bought was boring as sin.

Course I never got the Dragonforce pack or the Virtuoso packs but that was because I had already given up on the game.

But seriously people. Step back and take a look at what you're saying.

GH DLC > RB DLC?

You ALL know that that's not true. Stop being fanboys and be realistic. Sure, the two packs I mentioned were fun but if you want fun guitar songs, DL the Megadeth album on Rock Band. Or the Roadrunner pack. Or the Boston pack. Or the Who pack.

There's an equally large, if not larger, list of great guitar songs on Rock Band. However, that's only for one instrument. Guitar. That's not taking into account the great vocal, drum and bass tracks that have been released.

My point is that you can be excited all you want. Yeah, this is a decent list of songs for release week. But don't compare it to RB DLC. Not yet.

First they need to prove that they can bring out new songs consistently and still keep up the quality, as Harmonix as done.

When that happens, the comparisons can start.
KlotePino  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llixanderill wrote:
Trogdon wrote:

Even though Rock band releases greater quantities, most of it doesn't have the level of fun on guitar as the Guitar Hero dlc.

Every GH3 pack I bought was boring as sin.

Course I never got the Dragonforce pack or the Virtuoso packs but that was because I had already given up on the game.

But seriously people. Step back and take a look at what you're saying.

GH DLC > RB DLC?

You ALL know that that's not true. Stop being fanboys and be realistic. Sure, the two packs I mentioned were fun but if you want fun guitar songs, DL the Megadeth album on Rock Band. Or the Roadrunner pack. Or the Boston pack. Or the Who pack.

There's an equally large, if not larger, list of great guitar songs on Rock Band. However, that's only for one instrument. Guitar. That's not taking into account the great vocal, drum and bass tracks that have been released.

My point is that you can be excited all you want. Yeah, this is a decent list of songs for release week. But don't compare it to RB DLC. Not yet.

First they need to prove that they can bring out new songs consistently and still keep up the quality, as Harmonix as done.

When that happens, the comparisons can start.

Of course RB dlc owns GH3 DLC but you've got to admit that every DLC song they've released is pure fun to play and that cannot be said for every RB dlc. Of course RB beats it alone by it's sheer numbers but the dragonforce rythm and guitar charts are tons of fun in coop and the virtuoso pack is just epic. Of course there are awesome songs in RB but no real epic ones IMO
pokehacker210  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone else no a free dlc for guitar hero wrld tour besides the guitar battles
LeCoy  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:
I don't quite understand everyone's enthusiam. Not to be a downer, but this launch DLC is a VERY bad indicator to me. Neversoft has already made 2 CRUCIAL mistakes:

1. No mention of Wii DLC. That. Is. Not. Good.

2. Boss Battle songs not on-disc. WTF? Did they learn how huge opf a mistake that was from GH3? That was like the #1 or 2 complaint, and they basically just ignored it, and put a big middle finger to PS2 owners/people without Live/PSN.

*sigh* maybe I'm overreacting, but this seems like a bad sign for the future.

A lot of DLC is a plus though.
Wii DLC is confirmed... check out the first couple of pages or so.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingofFunk412
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are doing DLC on the Wii, they should do something for PS2 too (track packs maybe?)

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skootthepirate  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would LOVE to see a speed metal/power metal/neoclassical song pack(s)

with yngwie malmsteen, cacophony ( or just jason becker ), running wild, helloween and what ever else is amazing out there.

that would make guitar hero a LOT better.

if they dont, oh well :P i can make my own customs
llixanderill  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlotePino wrote:

Of course RB dlc owns GH3 DLC but you've got to admit that every DLC song they've released is pure fun to play and that cannot be said for every RB dlc. Of course RB beats it alone by it's sheer numbers but the dragonforce rythm and guitar charts are tons of fun in coop and the virtuoso pack is just epic. Of course there are awesome songs in RB but no real epic ones IMO

That AFI, Manson, Flyleaf pack = BORING

Velvet Revolver pack = BORING

Dropkick Murphy pack = SO BORING OMFG

All the free songs (Halo, Top Gun, Murloc) = Ugh. Bad.

I'll give you Dragonforce and Virtuoso. I'll even give you the classic pack with Journey and Boston and such. But please man, it's really not close.

'Epic' Rock Band songs: The whole Metallica Pack, the whole Who pack, the whole Boston pack, Judas Priest album, Working Man (Rush), Shockwave (SO awesome), Skullcrusher Mountain (Epic song), YYZ

There's like 30 songs or more right there. And that's like a fraction of all the DLC available and a fraction of all the DLC I have and, let me tell you, I'm pleased with just about every purchase. (Except Snow. UGH)

My Guitar Hero purchases have been nothing but disappointing. I really hope that GH:WT changes that but I feel it's a little silly to boast the superior DLC when there's so little of it and most of it is subpar.

EDIT: I neglected to mention the upcoming albums for Rock Band in the "epic" catergory. Texas Flood (Holy hell is this going to be hard), AC/DC pack.

And also, the Coldplay wasn't anything to write home about in GH3.
steevoh18  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I hate coming here just to see everyone bickering over gh vs. rb downloads. If you don't realize, you are on the gh scorehero, I believe there's one for rock band as well; so if you're going to just root for your favorite game, do it in the right place.

It seems lately like many people have forgotten about the point of this game: entertainment.

It's a damn video game for christ's sake, if there's not a song that comes out for it (download or on disc) you don't need to bitch about it to everyone. You guys that complain that gh dlc was "subpar" or whatever, you still bought it right?? The only person that's losing is YOU. They still get money from you for buying it so you should just keep your disappointment to yourself, because no one here is going to magically make the charts change to something "better" for you.

You either like the songs or you don't right? Why buy something you know for a fact you don't like to start with? You're only wasting your own time & money, even more time just bitching on here.

Rock band & guitar hero are both highly successful & entertaining games, I like them both for different & similar reasons. Everyone should learn to appreciate them for what they are rather than complaining & lobbying for which one is better.

Anyway, just my two cents on this whole thing. Don't worry I won't be venting anymore, hopefully someone reads this & realizes we should be here to share excitement for something that is new & has potential to be fun & awesome.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about dlc & I think they're on the right track here by having it ready by release so it's definitely a step forward.
brighthouse727  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steevoh18 wrote:
God, I hate coming here just to see everyone bickering over gh vs. rb downloads. If you don't realize, you are on the gh scorehero, I believe there's one for rock band as well; so if you're going to just root for your favorite game, do it in the right place.

It seems lately like many people have forgotten about the point of this game: entertainment.

It's a damn video game for christ's sake, if there's not a song that comes out for it (download or on disc) you don't need to bitch about it to everyone. You guys that complain that gh dlc was "subpar" or whatever, you still bought it right?? The only person that's losing is YOU. They still get money from you for buying it so you should just keep your disappointment to yourself, because no one here is going to magically make the charts change to something "better" for you.

You either like the songs or you don't right? Why buy something you know for a fact you don't like to start with? You're only wasting your own time & money, even more time just bitching on here.

Rock band & guitar hero are both highly successful & entertaining games, I like them both for different & similar reasons. Everyone should learn to appreciate them for what they are rather than complaining & lobbying for which one is better.

Anyway, just my two cents on this whole thing. Don't worry I won't be venting anymore, hopefully someone reads this & realizes we should be here to share excitement for something that is new & has potential to be fun & awesome.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about dlc & I think they're on the right track here by having it ready by release so it's definitely a step forward.

We are literally arguing over what DLC is more entertaining.
“The world is about to end in 2012… ’cause the Mayans made calendars, and they stop at 2012. I got encyclopedias on the bus. The world is about to end as we know it. You can see it already. A planet doesn’t exist - there’s no more Pluto. Planes are flying into buildings - and not just the Twin Towers. Mosquitoes bite you and you die. And a black man and a woman are running for president.”-Lil' Wayne

Yes I'm a fan of rap music.
jrhodes870  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the demo dad?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally had a "Oh, that song" moment with No Rain. That's a great sounding sound. "Alternative Rock" my ass - just because it was popular and it came out in the 90s...
beingmused  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlotePino wrote:

Only if you define "epic" as "large quantity of coloured notes flying at you".

If you want to include musical quality, soul, meaningfulness, etc. - then Dragonforce, Satriani, Steve Vai, etc. do not even belong in the same paragraph as the word "epic."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
KlotePino wrote:

Only if you define "epic" as "large quantity of coloured notes flying at you".

If you want to include musical quality, soul, meaningfulness, etc. - then Dragonforce, Satriani, Steve Vai, etc. do not even belong in the same paragraph as the word "epic."

You obviously haven't listened to very much of these guys then. I'll agree with you on Dragonforce, but saying Satriani and Vai don't make quality music with soul and meaning? Seriously?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
KlotePino  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llixanderill wrote:
KlotePino wrote:

That AFI, Manson, Flyleaf pack = BORING

Velvet Revolver pack = BORING

Dropkick Murphy pack = SO BORING OMFG

All the free songs (Halo, Top Gun, Murloc) = Ugh. Bad.

I'll give you Dragonforce and Virtuoso. I'll even give you the classic pack with Journey and Boston and such. But please man, it's really not close.

'Epic' Rock Band songs: The whole Metallica Pack, the whole Who pack, the whole Boston pack, Judas Priest album, Working Man (Rush), Shockwave (SO awesome), Skullcrusher Mountain (Epic song), YYZ

There's like 30 songs or more right there. And that's like a fraction of all the DLC available and a fraction of all the DLC I have and, let me tell you, I'm pleased with just about every purchase. (Except Snow. UGH)

My Guitar Hero purchases have been nothing but disappointing. I really hope that GH:WT changes that but I feel it's a little silly to boast the superior DLC when there's so little of it and most of it is subpar.

EDIT: I neglected to mention the upcoming albums for Rock Band in the "epic" catergory. Texas Flood (Holy hell is this going to be hard), AC/DC pack.

And also, the Coldplay wasn't anything to write home about in GH3.

Although I think Shockwave is a freaking awesome song and i'd love their full album in RB or GH it's not epic in the sense of the word. Epic is something that sends shivers down your spine something like soothsayer or for the love of god do that to me...at least to me.Shockwave doesn't.

I agree the Boston pack was cool and I guess you could call More than a Feeling epic but not more epic then Soothsayer or For the love of god. Also the Dropkick Murphy pack was free and the other packs you mentioned:

AFI MM, Flyleaf pack was just for the soundtrack and is tons of fun playing.

Also the VR pack, i wouldnt call Slither easy And the Dropkick Murphy pack was free and all songs were not exactly easy. And i still play them once in a while.

Also nearly all free songs were fun. W3K was awesome, I am murloc was funny just like skullcrusher mountain(not epic...funny)and it was also free.

IMO rush is not epic, Judas Priest and Metallica are all not epic although they have great songs don't get me wrong. They have their epic songs like for judas priest IMO Electric Eye and for Metallica "One" which happens to be in GH3 .

And the Coldplay pack was just because it was well known and to stop the virtuoso and DF pack madness . Sorry for the long post.
beberle2  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when is the release date?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: