ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GHS (Guitar Hero School). - Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fork1  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: The GHS (Guitar Hero School). - Update Reply with quote

The GHS is a way for players to learn (or teach) the many techniques of Guitar hero and or rock band. Things such as squeezing that many people wish to know. Obviously enough, practice is what's important above all, but there is still much that can be taught. This thread will contain a list of popular offered classes.
I will include a form that can be filled out with which Class you wish to attend, how you wish to be taught (MSN, AIM, or ustream) and even to request specific teachers. And a form to apply to be a teacher as well.

The ultimate purpose of this is to teach techniques like squeezing to people as well as even just give them that extra push they may need to do things they already can. This also will slow down the wall of topics like 'how do u tap ttfaf' or 'mosh 1 omgwtf'. I also believe this will help keep the pm boxes, xbox live inboxes, and others of the like a little less crowded of people like Priestmlh or Jprez44.

I will begin to take applications now.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/GuitarHeroSchool This is the Wiki's Page. Feel free to add your name to one of the lists there.

http://guitarheroschool.proboards.com/index.cgi?
All staff please join, All PEOPLE please join xD! Submit forms here!

If you see a name on this wiki that is not on the forum, feel free to try them and send us feedback! they may get aproved better that way.

The following Classes are offered at the Guitar hero School
More to come

Enter the Mosh - Raining Blood on Hard
Back with a vengence - Raining Blood on Expert
Lou, how do I beat him?
The wall of skittles - Jordan.
To slay the beast - Through the fire and flames
The ultimate battle - Passing TDWDTG
Beyond 100% - Squeezing, Ticks, Star power paths.
Terminology - Whats a squeeze? ;o whats TTFAF stand for?
The ultimate Goal - Five starring TTFAF
My Biggest question is.. - Answering any question you have really, for anything not listed above.

If there is a class you wish to see at the school, feel free to request it, maybe you can teach it never know, there is also plenty more that I myself know like playing with feet ;) so who knows what you wish to learn.

Student Application form.

Name:
SHname:
Class you wish to take:
Time Zone:
I use the following(please check box):
[]MSN []AIM []Ustream
I would prefer a teacher that is:________
My prefered time to be taught is:

This is the application form. Fill it out and reply in the forum with your application.

If your application is not responded to within 24 hours please email me at: Darth-penguin@hotmail.com and ill get to you ASAP.

Teacher application form:
Name:
ScoreHero Name:
E-mail (optional):
Course(s) Applying to Teach:
Qualifications (Brief):
Time Zone:
Preferred Medium for Teaching: AIM [ ], MSN [ ], UStream [ ]
Preferred Time for Teaching:
Number of Students Willing to Take On:

If no email is given, you will be contacted through a Scorehero PM.

Same rules for this apply as above in terms of ignored applications.

intehface fc's blackened:
Quote:

"oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh th ghat hsgba whahahtas black blackened butasf ajgjd buh buh blackened the metalli 313k hundred 1899 notestreak oh my god ohhhh my god omg. TAKE IT."

Last edited by Fork1 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:58 am; edited 21 times in total
RevZip  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this idea Fork. I think its perfect and just the thing that people need for tips, I know you have helped me out alot on ustream and MSN, its great! Can I be the first student/teacher?

Last edited by RevZip on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fork1  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev, anyone can be a student, if you want to be a teacher it depends what you wish to teach, what teaching methods or programs to teach through you choose to offer, and proof that you CAN teach those things :P. Not that i doubt your capabilities.

Quote:

"oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! oh th ghat hsgba whahahtas black blackened butasf ajgjd buh buh blackened the metalli 313k hundred 1899 notestreak oh my god ohhhh my god omg. TAKE IT."
GlassDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of a mentoring program is excellent. I've seen it on other sites for other games as well. Maybe you can have a group of mentors/mentees for a certain amount of time, and then at the end of that time there can be a tournament between all of the mentees, testing the knowledge that they have learned. It can be like, scoring highest on a song, FCing a solo or hard part, hitting the most squeezes, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned to have a 2 part test as sort of a final exam for 'graduation' which applied for teachers as well. If over 60% of their students pass, the teacher passes.

The exam would work in part 1 being a written test in which they watch a vid or stream of someone playing, identifying squeezes, etc that is asked on the test. And part 2 would be Passing through the fire and flames or whatever it is the class they signed up for :P The students with the best results on the tests would be Honored on the threads first page and teachers with the highest sucess rate in students would recieve rewards, promotions, some sort of reward system can be figured out im sure .

Quote:

Faytal  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be willing to teach over aim.
Fork1  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i will work on the application form for teaching asap, though 11.5m Carreer score and ranked 69th seems pretty qualified for helping out :P what are you interested in teaching?

Quote:

FretsFTW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a really good idea maybe i can learn to squeeze and not suck at mosh
i have mediocre skills Mr. Green Mr. Green
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would be willing to be a teacher for Beyond 100%, Terminology, The Ultimate Goal, and My Biggest Question is....

Why am I qualified? Well, I wrote a freaking squeezing guide first of all. I've been around Guitar Hero/ScoreHero for a VERY long time and I don't think there's a single term that I don't know. I have 674k on TTFAF and I'm constantly in the TTFAF sticky helping people. I even wrote a mini-guide on page 31. I'm just generally knowledgeable about everything Guitar Hero basically so I think I could do pretty well in the last class as a teacher.

Screen name: Hooray Its Mike1

AIM is really the only way I'd be able to help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for teaching the Wall of Skittles Class, if you'll have me.

EDIT: I was gonna sign up, but I think I'm gonna retract my offer. My lack of a camera would make my class not nearly as effective as someone's who could stream.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
FretsFTW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you forget?
TTFAF Tapping guide
Also maybe if you managed to get a high ranked there could be learning of some insane tapping. Bridge 1, Red snake, Solo B etc.
I would love to be a student maybe teacher

Last edited by FretsFTW on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for teaching be up for teaching Back With a Vengeance, Beyond 100%, To Slay The Beast, and Terminology

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Fork1  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttfaf tapping is covered in the first lesson of ttfaf :P

the teaching enthusiasm im seeing here is excellent! i love what im seeing! Im also glad to see people offering to teach with AIM since its all a lot of people have. And AIM is rare to find it seems, so its good to have some people for that! ill definitly consider every single application posted thus far . Ill get that form made asap! (my poor email inbox o.O thankfully im willing to sacrifice my own well being for others )

Quote:

Rockzilla220  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that the ustream teachers could do is set up a youtube account and put all the videos up on there. I'd be willing to do that. One on one teaching isn't exactly my specialty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wish to, you can request a class to be recorded and if the teacher is willing they can put it on their stream videos that way. If you can view a ustream channel you can watch a ustream video.

Then its not one on one anymore.

Just request video to your teacher :P after enough videos are made they wont have to re go over things either . I may have a 'best video' catagory too and have titles in the topic and wiki saying who was best teacher, best video, etc etc etc. I want this to be as fun and special for everyone as possible . I wish i could give bigger rewards, if you can think of anything lemme know, it cannot be cash though haha...
If this thread ever gets offical maybe scorehero can announce yearly who the top people are in an announcement since its all offical like n such :P but its just an idea me and anyone else can get involved in.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: