ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 HARD "THE GUIDE" up to tier 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: GH3 HARD "THE GUIDE" up to tier 3 Reply with quote

I have decided to make a guide that will help anyone out with any song in GH3H. I am going to be updating this one tier at a time so please leave feedback. I have received a lot of positive feedback so I am now planning to finish this thing to the end. I will try to move as quickly as possible and fortunately several people have offered to help which should cut down on the time this is going to take.

If there are any section that I skipped that yo feel are worth of discussion just let me know by replying to the thread or a PM and I will gladly add them.

SPECIAL THANKS: Stona- he will probably end up doing half of the thread.
ThunderAlex- he makes awesome Cult of Personality threads.

LEGEND
1. U- this means an up strum
2. D- this means a down strum
3. First position- this means that your index finger is on green ad your pinkie is on blue.
4. Second position- this means index is on red and pinkie is on orange.
5. Blue Numbers- that means you are sliding your finger at that point.

TIER 1

Song 1: Slow Ride
Current Top Score: 184,140 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/slowride.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: The only tricky part in this song come in chorus solo B. There is a slow trill that goes like

To hit this you should anchor the yellow and use the orange ho;s to play the trill. This really shouldn't be that hard.

Song 2: Talk Dirty to Me
Current Top Score: 257,561 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/talkdirtytome.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: The solo and the end are both a bit tricky. For the solo there is a random strum note that you need to watch out for but other than that just practice because there isn't really any special fingering that you need to know. For the end it is

This should be pretty easy just hold the green and use your 2nd and 3rd finger to play the red ad yellow.

Song 3: Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Current top Score: 197,880 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/hitmewithyourbestshot.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: This song has 3 tricky parts 2 in the solo and one early in the song.

The first part occurs twice. There is a few GY chords and then it goes something like this:

1 2 3 1 2 4 1 34

Anchor the green note and also slide your pinkie across the blue to the orange for the chord this seems to make it easier.

This is the first tricky part in the solo:

1 4 3 4 2 3 1 2 1

The numbers correspond to your fingers with 1 being your index and so on. I also find it easier to anchor the lower note.

After that there is 3 blues which should all be down strummed followed by 4 yellow and 2 red. They should be alt strummed like this:

D U D U D U
If you start with a down strum you should end with an up strum this will help you keep your timing.

After that there are a few slow trills. For these if you keep the bottom note anchored you should be fine.

Then there is a yellow orange trill that you have to strum. As long as you down strum the yellows and up strum the oranges you should be OK. I actually down strum all of them but that can get a bit tricky.

The last part is an alt strum bit at the very end of the solo. It should be played like this:

D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D
notice you should start the red with an up strum the yellow with an up strum the orange with a down strum and finish with a down strum.

Song 4: Story of my life
Current Top Score: 427,198 (SaidinWoT) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/storyofmylife.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: This one is pretty self explanatory as long as you can remember the path. I don't think there are any sections that are really tricky that I need to explain but let me know if I am wrong.

Song 5: Rock And Roll All Night
Current top score: 195,596 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/rocknrollallnite.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

This song is pretty easy except for the solo and really only the second have is that tough. The first half of the solo should be pretty manageable as long as you pay attention to which notes are ho's and which notes you actually have to strum.

The real trouble starts in the second have of the solo after an orange note followed by a red sustain note and it goes like this:

4 3 2 1 1 4 4 3 2 1 3 3

The blue notes are where I slide my pinkie from the red to the green.

Right after this it goes:

The key to this part is making sure you use the ho's for the blue and the red note because this is a pretty fast section.

Once you get the fingerings down it will still take a bit of practice before you have enough finger and strumming speed to fc this song.

Song 6: Sabotage
Current top score: 288,512 (Confury) (360)
Optimal path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/sabotage.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: This may very well be the easiest song to fc in all of GH3H. Assuming that you can play the than the only thing you have to worry about is the fills that come between those notes.

Measure 43:

(second position)

2 3 2 4

Measure 44:
(I stay in 1st position for this one)

1 2 1 2 4 2 3

Measure 46:
(second position)

2 4 2 3 1 3

Measure 47:
(second position)

4 3 2 2 1 3

Measure 48:
(second position)

2 3 2 2 3 2 4

Measure 49:
(second position)

2 3 2 1 4

Measure 50-51. Make sure you know that the next to last note in measure 50 is a GREEN not a GY.

Measure 53:
(I stay in 1st position for this also)

3 1 4 2 3 2 1 2 3 2

The last problem you may have is if you aren't very good at switching your hand from first position to second position. In that case I would recommend playing this song on slower speeds until you become comfortable moving your hand.

TIER 2

Song 1: Mississippi Queen
Current Top Score:121,714 (BA412) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/mississippiqueen.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: Not a very hard song at all. There is a bit of moving from position 1 to position 2 so you may need to practice moving your hand but other than that this song is pretty easy.

One part you may have trouble with is the end of solo 2 where it goes:

D U D U D U D U

you may need to alt strum this because it is kind of fast.

Song 2: School's Out
Current Top Score: 153,273 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/schoolsout.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: This song really isn't to bad except for each of the mini solos.

Solo 1:

-----------

The first yellow is strummed followed by a Blue hammer on. You should then strum the 3 Blues UDU then hammer on the Yellow and strum the last Blue.

Solo 2:

This should be pretty easy if you keep you hand in second position the entire time. There is one that you have to play in first position but you should go right back to second position after that and also watch out for the notes that need to be strummed.

Solo 3:

Play with you hand in second position and it should be slow enough to down strum entirely. The and after the are hammer ons so you can anchor the blue and simply let go of the orange after the chord which makes it easier. The rest should be pretty easy to hit as long as you are in second position.

Song 3: Sunshine of Your Love
Current Top Score: 239,332 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/sunshineofyourlove.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: this song sucks.. no i just have to go to school now so i will add this a little later

Song 4: Barracuda
Current Top Score: 269,936 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/barracuda.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

First off you need to be able to strum triplets. I will show my way but if you don't like it there have been several other threads made to help people with these.

D U D D U D D U D

It is really a pretty basic idea and should not be that hard to do.

The first hard part is The Second Verse. It is a quick transition from green to orange and hwas some quick ho's.

1 4 4 3 2 1 1 1

The next hard part is the trill in solo B

-- -- -- -- -- -- ---
1-- 1-- 2-- 3-- 4 3 2 3 4-- 3 1 2 3 2 3 3 2 2 3 3

I would recommend anchoring the yellow the whole time in the trill part. Also, make sure you know which notes you need to strum.

Song 5: Bulls On Parade
Current Top Score: 265,595 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/bullsonparade.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Nothing extremely tough in this song but there are some parts that are worth going over.

Wah riff 1 and 3

you should really down strum this section but if you feel more comfortable alt strum it. In that case if start with a down strum you end with a down strum.

Chorus 1 and 2

My advice is to sty in position 1 and down strum this section entirely.

Wah riff 2

this is the exact same as wah riff 1 except you must have you hand in position 2.

Killswitch Scratch (SOLO)
You should not have a very hard time with the slow ho's at the beginning but after that is goes:

stay in position 2

D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D D U D U

Song 6: Repitilia
Current Top Score: 225,044 (LemonMeringue) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/reptilia.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: This song is a pretty tough fc but there isn't really anything specific I can tell you that will make you fc it.

The first tough part is the chord changes. I play this by staying in first position the entire time except when i have have to play a then I switch to second position but then go right back for the next chords. This will limit had movement and hopefully give you a better chance to fc this song.

The next hard part is the single notes after the chords because they go pretty fast. I down strum this section but some of you may need to alt strum. For this section I stay in first position until I have to play and orange note then I switch to second where I stay until I play a green then I switch back when there is an orange again. Basically this is different from the first section because you don't switch back right after you play the note you wait until you have to.

After that there is a pretty easy solo and then the song repeats again.

TIER 3

Song 1: When Your Were Young
Current top score: 272,312 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/whenyouwereyoung.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

This song is pretty easy and straightforward. It is easy to make a couple of mistakes on the fast strumming part.

Measure 7-8:

Make sure to not hit the single G note as a GY. (I've had this happen before)

Also Measure 27-28: Same Pattern as well as Measure 43-44:

Git Fiddle. Here is how I Hit it.

-- --
1 2 24 1 3 4 1 3 4 3 1 2 3 34

If you wanted to do straight second this would be the fingering:

-- --
1 1 13 1 2 3 1 3 4 3 1 2 3 34

Song 2: Miss Murder
Current Top Score: 291,930 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/missmurder.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Fast Strumming Sections: Note which notes are down strummed and which notes are alt-strummed:

D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U DU D U D U

D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U

D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U

D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D

The alt-strumming at the end does not have the awkward note in the long stream of notes, so I think it is a lot easier. If you want me to fret that section I can. Also if you down strum this section, this will not apply to you.

Song 3: The Seeker
Current Top Score 274,403 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/theseeker.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Probably one of my Favorite songs in the game, it has a few tough parts that could present a problem for the FC. In my personal opinion the star power and activations for this song are a lot tougher than most other songs. Make sure to check www.bradleyzoo.com for paths.

I will go over some of the easier sections a bit and then move on to the solo.

Intro/Verse 1:

--- ---
1 1 1 1 1 -- 1 1 1 1 2 1
2 2 2 2 2 -- 2 2 2 2 3 3
This pattern repeats throughout most of the intro and 1st verse, sometimes shortening the amount of RY and changing the rhythms. I use second position for all of this. If you are having problems with the chord changes, take it into practice on slow until you get used to the fingerings used for it.

End of intro/Chorus

This is a very simple chord change. It goes:

------------------ ------
1 1 ----------------- 1 2 -------
3 2 ----------------- 2 3 -------
As you can see, I Stay in first position for all of this. Alternatively if you want to switch to a 13 fingering for the BR chord, feel free. It’s more preference to whatever is comfortable for you. The important thing is to make sure you are able to hit this. There are 4 star power phrases in this section throughout the song, so make sure you DO NOT MISS. Also for the optimal SP path, there are a few sections that you will need to make sure that you don’t whammy as you can overlap SP phrases. Again make sure you check the optimal SP path to make sure you don’t miss it.

Verse 2/Verse 3:

I will break this down into 2 parts: (E stands for empty or no fingering)

Section 1:

(First Position: This is what I use)

---
1 2 4 2 1 -- 2
2 3 E 3 2 -- 4
(Second Position)

---
1 1 3 1 1 -- 1
2 2 E 2 2 -- 3

Section 2:

I use a hybrid 1st/2nd position for this. I will provide this fingering and also 1st/2nd.

(First Position)

---
1 2 4 2 3 -- 2
2 3 E 3 4 -- 4

(Second Position)

---
1 1 3 1 2 -- 2
2 2 E 2 3 -- 4

(Hybrid)

---
1 2 4 2 2 -- 2
2 3 E 3 3 -- 4

Bridge:

I generally down strum this section in its entirety Its pretty easy to follow the patter, but if anyone is having any extra trouble with this section and need me to show fingerings and such, let me know. Also if anyone alt-strums this and needs help with this let me know.

Solo:

I will break this down into sections and give the best method I know. Again, any notes with E under them means empty and just ignore the E.

Section 1:

3 4 4 3 4 4 3 4 4 2 3 2 3 2 1 1 1 3
E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E 4

Notes: For the first set of BOO BOO BOO I strum all of them and divide it up just how I listed it here. I guess you can use the pull-off system for the second and third blues, but it always throws me off rhythm. After the last Orange, I use ho/po for the YBYBYR section (staying in second position) and then you have 2 strummed Green notes followed by the BO chord. This section isn’t too hard, and with a little practice, shouldn’t give you much trouble.

Section 2:

1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 2 2

Notes: First note is strummed and the followed by 3 ascending trips… pretty easy overall. The 3 red notes at the end are strummed leading to the next part.

Section 3:

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
4 E E 4 E E 4 E E 4 E E

I treat this section as Gallops… (ok so its not really gallops, its all strummed at the same speed), but break it up In groups of threes so that you have 4 sets of YO-Y-Y followed by 2 strummed blues. I downstrum all of this.

Section 4:

3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 2
E E 3 3 3 E 3 3 3 E 3 E E E E E E

Notes: This is the part that has probably given me the most trouble. Take it into practice, and listen to the rhythm. I do no use the ho/po for this section until the very end on the B-O-Y part, other than that I strum it all, using the ho/po throws off my rhythm too much.

Section 5:

1 4 1 4 1 1 4 1 2 1 2 3 2 3 1 4 1 2 1 2 1 1

Notes: Most of this is a long section of ho/po that you have to practice. I play it in 2nd position, as I think it is much easier. You best bet is to take this into practice and do just that: practice. There are a couple of strummed notes at the start: The 1st, 3rd and 4th R and the 1st and 2nd O, other than that it is all ho/po.

Section 6:

(First Position)

3 3 2 1 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 2 4
E E E E E E E E 4 E E E E E E
(Second Position)

2 2 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 3
E E E E E E E E 3 E E E E E E

Notes: Some ho/po mixed with some strummed ntoes, again, only practice can help you. I have given fingerings for both positions. I tend to used first for this part.

--- back to chorus
2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2

Notes: Some more ascending trips, very easy, I use 1st position, as I really don’t see a need for anything else. If anyone has a different method they would like to share, feel free.

After the ascending trips it feeds right back to the chorus. After the chorus, we come to another little section. I will give the fingerings for:

2 4 2 4 4 4 2 3 2 3 2 1 1 3 2 1 2 3

This is my hybrid method for fingering this. I change to 1st position right during this small break, and finish it off in first. Alternatively here is the method for second:

2 4 2 4 4 4 2 3 2 3 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2

The rest of the song pretty much follows the same patter as anything that I have already laid out. If you feel anything needs to be added, let me know.

Song 4: Lay Down
Current Top Score: 241,662 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/laydown.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Another Song that I like a whole lot. My FC of this song came within 3 tries of me going for it. I sat down to play it one day (just trying to improve scores) and got a -1, after that it took 3 tries for me to get the FC….anyways on with the song!

Lay down is a song with a lot of repetitiveness, there are no difficult solos, but there are a few parts that you will want to become extremely familiar with in order to have an honest shot at the FC.

Intro:

A couple of ho/po sweeps. Once you get the hang of these, it will be like 2nd nature:

(Second position)

E E E E
1 1 1 2 3 2 E 2 3 2 3 4 3 2 3 2 1 1 E 1 E 2 E 1

(Hybrid position) – I make the transition before the Y strum

E E E E
1 1 2 3 4 3 E 2 3 2 3 4 3 2 3 2 1 1 E 1 E 2 E 1

Transition from intro to verse.

Instead of RYG, we have this.

E E E
3 2 1 1 E 1 1 1 1 1 E 1 1 1 1 1 E 1 1 1 1 2
E E E E E 2 E E E E E 2 E E E 2 E 2 E E E E

E …verse
1 4 1 3 1 2 1 1 E 1 1 …verse
E E E E E E E 3 E 3 E …verse

One note about this… don’t use the pull-offs to the G notes after the GR. In my experience, this will only throw off your rhythm. This pattern reappears in the verse.

Verse:

Pretty easy assuming you can strum some G notes. One thing I want to make note of is the pull-offs in this section:

E E

Do not use the pull offs! I mentioned this in the intro, but it throws off your rhythm. If anyone has anything to add to this feel free, but I can’t use them, as I will break combo every time.

There is also a section that follows the same pattern as the intro that leads to some things like this

…… E E

I don’t really think this should cause too much problems. This pattern also repeats in the chorus on some Y – YB and B – BO again. After this are some fast strummed BO which I down-strum and then onto the chorus. If anyone has a problem down-strumming this and needs help with alt-strumming patterns let me know.

Chorus:

I think I have a couple of tips that will prove pretty helpful for the chorus. Lets divide it up into 2 sections. The first shouldn’t be that hard, we have a couple of bursts similar to what we saw in the intro and verse… It goes like this, again strum it all.

E E

After this comes some Y – YB which I pointed out earlier, and then a part that I always used to screw up. Lets take a look:

After the last YB we have this.
D = Downstrum
h = hammeron
p = pulloff

E E
3 1 E 1 1 2 3 2 E 1 1 2 2 2
E E E E E E E E E E E E 3 3
D p E D D h h p E D D h h D

This is how I finger it: Note the 23 fingering on the last B note before the YB. This makes the transition easier for me. You just hammer on the blue without releasing the Y which leaves you in position for the YB chord. Make note also which notes are strummed and which aren’t. The only thing you could really change is jumping to second position after the last green. Whichever you are more comfortable with.

After the chorus we go into another section just like the intro and then verse 2 and chorus 2. After both of these is an extremely easy solo. If anyone wants fingerings for this let me know. After the solo is more of the same chorus and outro is very much the same as the intro. Short guide, but I think I covered all the harder parts. Let me know if there is a section anyone would like me to cover and I will be glad to.

Song 5: Paint It Black
Current Top Score: 233,740 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/paintitblack.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

This is another pretty cool song, it has a lot of rhythm without very many ho/po sections going on. A couple of fast strumming parts, but overall a pretty easy song. I will lay out the parts that could cause trouble when going for the FC. For the optimal path, please check www.bradleyzoo.com

Intro:

This part starts very similar to what you will be seeing in the verses. A very slow strummed sweep up and then back down the fret board followed by this.

1 2 3 4 4 1 2

After that we have a fast strumming section like this:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
E 3 E 3 E 3 E 3 E 3 E 3 E 3 E 3 E

There really aren’t any tips for this section… overall it is a little difficult, but just pay attention to lift your 3rd finger up ever other note, and you should be fine… this contains the first star power of the song.

Verses:

These parts are very easy, a very slowed strummed sweep up and back down the fret board. If you have problems with this section, you shouldn’t be going for the FC. If anyone needs fingerings, let me know.

Chorus 1: Measures 19-26

This is by far the easiest chorus of all of them out there. I will give the fingerings I use, all 2nd position:

--- --- ---
1 E 1 E 1---E 1 2 1 E 1---2 1 E 1 E 1 1 E 1---1 1
E E 3 E 2---E E E E E 2---E E E 3 E 3 3 E 3---3 3

--- --- --
1 1 1 1 1 E 1 E 1---1 1 1 2 1---2 1 E 2--2 2
3 3 E 3 E E 3 E 2---E E E E 2---E E E 3--3 3

--
3 2 E 3--3 3 1 2 1
E E E 4--4 4 E E E

Chorus 2: Measure 35-42

All of the rest of the chorus’ in this song will be identical to this or the 1st or some combination of the 2.

--- --- ---
1 E 1 E 1---E 1 1 1 2 E 1---2 1 E 1 E 1 1 E 1---
E E 3 E 2---E E E E E E 2---E E E 3 E 3 3 E 3---

--- ---
1 2 3 2 1 1 1 1 E 1 E 1---1 1 1 2 1---2 1
E E E E E 3 3 E E 3 E 2---E E E E 2---E E

-- --
2--2 2 E 3 2 E 3--3 3 2 3
3--3 3 E E E E 4--4 4 E E

Measure 98: Fast Strummed RB chords

As you can see, start on a down-strum and the first GR will be up-strummed, its up to you. There are 9 RB chords total.

dududududu

Shortly after this section, you will have some chord fills in between some sections like the verses and then you come to solo 1:

Solo 1: I stay in second position until the first break (right before the first green) and then I switch to first and finish it there. After this I jump back to second for the next part coming up.

3 4 3 2 3 2 2 1 1 2 1 E 1 2 3 4 3 E 2 1 2 3 2 1 2

2 4 3 2 1 2 1

After the solo we are back to fast strumming chords. There is some moderately fast strumming (I down-strum these) followed by some fast strumming that most people will have to alt-strum. See patterns below.

Measure 129-130: You could probably get away with down-strumming on this part, but just in case…

--- ------
d---d d d---dudu---dudu

Measure 135-138: As you can see on this part, both of the really long fast sections start with a down-strum and end with a down-strum, the way I have it laid out. If anyone has a different method for this, please let me know. This is an important section as it is all under star power.

------
d d d d d dududud dudududududududud---dudu---d

After this is another very easy solo part. The main thing for this section is not to get confused and think it is the main riff. When I first started playing this song, I over-strummed this section a few times because of that. If anyone needs fingerings, let me know. The rest of the outro is pretty much the same as the intro.

Song 6: Suck My Kiss
Current Top Score: 225,107 (Brockbfball1563) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/suckmykiss.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Tier 4

Song 1: Paranoid
Current Top Score: 328,952 (LemonMeringue) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/paranoid.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 2: Anarchy in the U.K.
Current Top Score: 284,238 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/anarchyintheuk.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 3: Kool Thing
Current Top Score: 267,460 (esneky) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/koolthing.hundred-zero.best.png

Summarry:

Song 4: My Name is Jonas
Current Top Score: 309,070 (Mick) (PS2)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/mynameisjonas.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 5: Even Flow
Current Top Score: 284,766 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/evenflow.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 6: Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
Current Top Score: 195,332 (The Magician) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/citiesonflame.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Tier 5

Song 1: Holiday in Cambodia
Current Top Score: 429,064 (LemonMeringue) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/holidayincambodia.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 2: Rock You Like a Hurricane
Current Top Score: 260,193 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/rockulikeahurricane.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 3: Same Old Song and Dance
Current Top Score: 181,737 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-ps2/hard/sameoldsonganddance.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary:

Song 4: La Grange
Current Top Score: 210,706 (BURNOUT1223) (360)
Optimal Path:

Summary:

Song 5: Welcome to the Jungle
Current Top Score: 243,131 (BA142) (360)
Optimal Path:

Summary:

Song 6: Helicopter
Current Top Score: 275,686 (LemonMeringue) (360)
Optimal Path:

Summary:

Tier 6

Tier 7

Song 5: Cult of Personality
Current Top Score:
Optimal Path: http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh3-ps2/hard/cultofpersonality.hundred-zero.best.png

Summary: ThunderAlex already made this awesome thread about getting a cult of personality fc on hard.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59561

Last edited by conlan22 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 14 times in total
Ieattables  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify; is this guide for people going for FCs and/or highscores, or people learning to play hard? It looks like the former, but I just want to check (my sister insists on playing medium despite having passed all but TtFaF)
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ieattables wrote:
Just to clarify; is this guide for people going for FCs and/or highscores, or people learning to play hard? It looks like the former, but I just want to check (my sister insists on playing medium despite having passed all but TtFaF)

I suppose its more for people that are trying to fc it because I do assume that they can hit the easier parts and only focus on the tricky parts. However, your sister is probably likely to fail at those parts so she could benefit as well.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan, this can turn out to be a very good guide to all of the hard players on scorehero (including myself). Keep it up!
Stona  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that for HMWYBS that the stupid fucking verse fill trips me up more so than the solo... solo is hard enough but the...

then immediately back to the kills me every damn time.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stona wrote:
I would say that for HMWYBS that the stupid fucking verse fill trips me up more so than the solo... solo is hard enough but the...

o shit thanks a lot i completely for got that part but i will add it later when i have more time.
dazzlew  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing more of this, thanks Conlan.
Stona  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
Stona wrote:

o shit thanks a lot i completely for got that part but i will add it later when i have more time.

No problem... If you need any other help with anything, let me know... I may not have a lot of FCs, but I have played most of the songs enough to know some things. Just let me know if you need any help.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stona wrote:
conlan22 wrote:
Stona wrote:

No problem... If you need any other help with anything, let me know... I may not have a lot of FCs, but I have played most of the songs enough to know some things. Just let me know if you need any help.

thanks for the offer and i think i am actually going to send you a pm right now with a couple of questions.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and go through the choruses/verses, not just parts of the solo. Not bad so far.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
shinycow17  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a pretty good guide nice job

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnum: That is a good point and the reason I haven't been doing that is because I feel that the chorus/verses in these easier songs are pretty self explanatory.

shinycow17: thanks for the feedback!
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be VERY helpful. Please please continue to make this. I will definitely use it for the FCs I still need and to improve my scores and what not.
TheGerk  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has the potential to be uber bad ass man. This is, however, an enormous venture- if you would like help, I could find the time to assist you if you'd like.
[ ] 5* TDWDTG, TTFAF, HooT, and RevDs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Gerkasaurus Rex
PlaguisSoryr  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be quite the useful guide It may take a while though...if you'd like some help with anything, feel free to contact me. I'd love to help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: