ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mascot Banner question (OP updated 7/16/11)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Mascot Banner question (OP updated 7/16/11) Reply with quote

While this issue has not affected me for quite some time, it's still some what annoying. In the interest of making this as easy as possible to implement a fix I made this:

It's just a widened version of the current one, and logically it should be easily possible to replace the existing one in the SH database with this one. (I'm okay with not being credited as well. After all, cinder did most of the work, I just edited his.)

The old OP:

All I want to know is why it isn't 135 pixels wide, and if we could get one that is.

I am not questioning the color scheme, name, candy type, or whatever you guys seem to think I'm talking about.

Just wondering, but why is the Mascot banner the only one without shields on either side?

It bothers me a bit, because it's not as wide as my avatar. (a little bit OCD?) I'm just curious as to why it isn't as wide as the, say, "Guitar God" banner.

(Also, I seached SH through google for "Mascot Banner Width" and "Mascot Width" and got nothing relevant, so I have no clue if this has already been discussed)

Last edited by inv4der on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: INV4DER
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered this too and it does kind of piss me off that it's not the same length as our max avatar width. It would be nice to either make the banner longer or add those shield things to each side like the other banners.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's kind of cool... I mean with mascot it basically means in the forum ranks you are almost there to freebird, and thus removing what you guys are calling the shield kind of like a cacoon or whatever then it finally shapes into a butterfinger and thats where the free bird banner comes from because thats how it is.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, now that this has been brought up, it's going to bother me to no end.

*supports adding shields to it/making it longer/centering it*

Edit: That was very poetic outside of the butterfinger advertisement, Mushy.

Last edited by ManfredvonKarma on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
BenniWells  

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, although the mascot banner has all the pretty colours of the rainbow, what's not to like about that! It's clearly the greatest banner out there.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
True, although the mascot banner has all the pretty colours of the rainbow, what's not to like about that! It's clearly the greatest banner out there.

I never complained about its looks, it's the size that's the issue here.

Mascot = Rainbow, Rainbow = Gay, Gay= Happy, therefore, Mascot = Happy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing the banner bigger, but also as you move from Rocker up, the designs kind of flow and make sense until you get to Mascot, which goes into a complete random direction with the rainbow pattern

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wondered this also, Hopefully JCirri or another long time mod can answer. But I think what Mushy said is right, saying that it's one step closer to Free Bird, saying you are Free. So I guess "Mascot" is getting you a little taste of freedom. no.

Also, everyone who posted here is a mascot. I find that funny. I ruined the streak.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
I have always wondered this also, Hopefully JCirri or another long time mod can answer.

That is what I was hoping for when I made this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day when I joined, Mid 06( I feel old), there were like 4 mascots that I can remember, ES, Pope, Genga and SThorpe, and there mascot banners really stuck out due to its rainbow color. So it was supposed to deliver the impression that "hey. these people have been around awhile, and frequent Scorehero, they know what is going on" They were the "Mascot" of scorehero.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
Erodyne  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
I have always wondered this also, Hopefully JCirri or another long time mod can answer. But I think what Mushy said is right, saying that it's one step closer to Free Bird, saying you are Free. So I guess "Mascot" is getting you a little taste of freedom. no.

Also, everyone who posted here is a mascot. I find that funny. I ruined the streak.

Lol at being the only person not a mascot answering this thread =P.

I think it doesn't really matter whether we have shields or not, but I guess it couldn't hurt to add them if JC agrees.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:

I'll back you up on the streak breaking fun.
/me flexes his Free Bird muscles!

The shield look like a militaristic deal, like a general earning his stars. I can't give you the actual answer why that is, but I think the rainbow color as opposed to the solid color of the banner is the difference, instead of the shield, you get the rainbow. Either way, the Free Bird doesn't have any shields either. I could use my OCD and gripe that the Free Bird one is taller than the others, but screw it, it still looks cool, as does the mascot banner.

But also, don't ever assume you're free. It doesn't matter what your banner says, if you violate the forum rules, you will be reprimanded, regardless of your banner. You're never out of the woods! I'll also point out that YODAvSIDEOS (spelling?) is a rocker that has 4k posts, if he becomes out of the woods, his banner would have been reversed to Free Bird by now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that it needs shields, I'm saying that it should be 135 pixels wide, just like all the others above Shredder. It could simply be remade with the same gradient, name, etc., only this time at a width of 135.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

----
Maybe we should leave it be.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanczuk wrote:

----
Maybe we should leave it be.

135 pixels != 270 pixels

cobainage1994 wrote:
Back in the day when I joined, Mid 06( I feel old), there were like 4 mascots that I can remember, ES, Pope, Genga and SThorpe, and there mascot banners really stuck out due to its rainbow color. So it was supposed to deliver the impression that "hey. these people have been around awhile, and frequent Scorehero, they know what is going on" They were the "Mascot" of scorehero.

Pretty much this. The Mascot banner is different, it stands out, it tells people "this guy posts a lot and he isn't rocker'd or banned, he's (hopefully) a role model."

Why is it less than 135 pixels wide though? ¯\(°_o)/¯
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: