ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mascot Banner question (OP updated 7/16/11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a shot at adding a little more complexity in a GH/RB (mostly RB) style.

EDIT: swap this out for the old one already!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you put some work into it but if this was put in I would prefer a way to make it so you can have the orginal ones simply cause I like them a whole lot better. Not to say yours arent nice looking, its just I like the originals and personally I love the mascot one that lacks the shields, makes it unique (like the oversized freebird one)

I just dont like change
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
personally I love the mascot one that lacks the shields, makes it unique

I don't like the shields on any of them, so it's pretty obvious you didn't exactly pay attention to what I've been saying about the main goal this whole time.

All I'm after right now is to get the current 105 pixel wide Mascot banner swapped out for the 135 pixel wide version I have provided. The idea of new rank banners is basically idle chatter to keep this thread up while we wait for someone with database access to do whatever the slight change would require.

You know, this one:

(I think I'm gonna mention the goal of this thread in every single post now, to save confusion.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
You know, this one:

(I think I'm gonna mention the goal of this thread in every single post now, to save confusion.)

Hey, we heard ya . The only person who can make this particular change is JCirri, and we've let him know about it. It'll be up to him when/whether it goes in. About the other banners / configurable banners / etc., that's certainly an interesting idea for down the road.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
As for filling in that blank space with something GH-related, I'm not sure notes work:

(Also it's pretty complex compared to the open space so I'm not a fan of it. >__>)

That's not quite what I had in mind, I was thinking they would be out on the edges where the shields are on the current banners, not contained within the banner. I like to keep it simple too, but it doesn't have to be boring to be simple. ;)

I have to do my magazine this week so I can play with graphics another time. Maybe better explain what I mean.

RB notes are closer to what I had in mind placement-wise, but they look worse IMO (took me a little while to figure out what they were, since they are so small). Maybe stars would make more sense, that seems pretty consistent across both games. With higher ranks having Gold star graphics on the edges.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
inv4der wrote:
You know, this one:

Hey, we heard ya . The only person who can make this particular change is JCirri, and we've let him know about it. It'll be up to him when/whether it goes in. About the other banners / configurable banners / etc., that's certainly an interesting idea for down the road.

Okay, as long as the request has gotten to someone capable of making the (quite minor) change.

And yeah, the other stuff is just idle thinking as I said (and to be fair it's tangentially related to the topic of the mascot banner), but it would be cool to update and have options. (I'd assume those would come with the 2009 SH Rewrite though.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
With higher ranks having Gold star graphics on the edges.

That gives me an interesting idea. What about increasing star ranks instead of banners?

Code:

0 posts = 0.00 stars
     1-200 posts = 0.25 stars
   201-400 posts = 0.50 stars
   401-600 posts = 0.75 stars
   601-800 posts = 1.00 stars
  801-1000 posts = 1.25 stars
 1001-1200 posts = 1.50 stars
 1201-1400 posts = 1.75 stars
 1401-1600 posts = 2.00 stars
 1601-1800 posts = 2.25 stars
 1801-2000 posts = 2.50 stars
 2001-2200 posts = 2.75 stars
 2201-2400 posts = 3.00 stars
 2401-2600 posts = 3.25 stars
 2601-2800 posts = 3.50 stars
 2801-3000 posts = 3.75 stars
 3001-3200 posts = 4.00 stars
 3201-3400 posts = 4.25 stars
 3401-3600 posts = 4.50 stars
 3601-3800 posts = 4.75 stars
 3801-4000 posts = 5.00 stars
4001-5000+ posts = 6.00 stars

I think people got the point after the first five ranks or so, but yeah. Also the rank up from 5.00 to 6.00 stars doesn't have any partial stars, just like the game, and kind of makes it the same kind of "bonus" rank. It's an even rank up, every 200 posts you get a new star (unlike the current system), and it solves the problem of "too many Free Birds". The new "Free Bird" rank is a gold star rank at 5000 posts, which is a lot less common than 2000 posts, so it solves the whole "rank inflation" thing. The new 2000 post rank is a pitiful 2.50 stars.

And of course, Permarockers could still be made 0.00 stars, the equivalent of a Rocker now. And maybe banned users could have red stars? Just a thought.

On the GH side, I'm not sure how this would work though. Maybe a star...meter like in the latest GH games? Or maybe just whole stars every so many posts? That'd be cool because then we could have EXTENDED STARS on the GH side and then you could get BLUE stars for being an 8 star poster!

I feel like I got a bit carried away here, but here's my point overall;

STARS ARE FUCKING COOL
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
I don't like the shields on any of them, so it's pretty obvious you didn't exactly pay attention to what I've been saying about the main goal this whole time.

What? why do i care if you dont like the shields on any of them, not every post is directly related to what you care about because it wasnt, so yeah im not confused, i could care less that you dont like them. My point is thats I like the shields, like different banner size and dont want anything to change, unless we have an option to go back to the current format. I just wanted my opinion to be put out there since you posted yours.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
inv4der wrote:

What? why do i care if you dont like the shields on any of them, not every post is directly related to what you care about because it wasnt, so yeah im not confused, i could care less that you dont like them. My point is thats I like the shields, like different banner size and dont want anything to change, unless we have an option to go back to the current format. I just wanted my opinion to be put out there since you posted yours.

But you're commenting on the (idle >__>) discussion of shield-less rank banners. Obviously you care to some degree.

In any case, since you so vehemently any sort of change, you must be against the very minor change of widening the Mascot banner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
But you're commenting on the (idle >__>) discussion of shield-less rank banners. Obviously you care to some degree.

I think his point is that he simply stated his opinion that he liked the shields and you barged back in with "YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME", basically. I think he understands you don't like the shields, he was just stating he does, and you seem to think he misread your post because his opinion misaligned with yours.

inv4der wrote:
In any case, since you so vehemently any sort of change, you must be against the very minor change of widening the Mascot banner.

I don't even know where you came up with this, maybe he just doesn't like YOUR changes. Or maybe he's okay with the Mascot one and not the shield-less banners. You're immediately painting him with a broad (and wildly incorrect) brush based on your own self-centered attitude towards the changes.

Stop it.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the current freebird banner...just as I like the current system. Is it really THAT big of a deal if the mascot banner isn't as wide as the others?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mascot looks way cooler than free bird anyway

I'd love an option to use any previous rank you've acquired out of choice, I'd rep that rainbow all day and all night

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I like the current freebird banner...just as I like the current system. Is it really THAT big of a deal if the mascot banner isn't as wide as the others?

It does bother me a lot as well, I just figured I was of a small minority. I didn't know so many people didn't like it.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys change it, then I'm gonna have to change my avatar so that it's center.

...and that would displease me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
If you guys change it, then I'm gonna have to change my avatar so that it's center.

...and that would displease me.

If it gets changed, I'll personally recenter it for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: