ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Post your Music Maker questions here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefteh wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Lefteh wrote:
Not sure how active this is, and I'm sure it's been answered elsewhere or even in the thread, but for the life of me I cannot get a clear understanding of how to use the rhythm/lead track merge/glitch/hax/whatever to play chords on lead. Specifically for GHMix 1.0, not the newer version. I'm trying to play chords on lead guitar on custom songs in the original GHMix. If a video is available, that would be great but if not, I'll settle for a clear explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You're talking about GHMix 1.0?

You can't. Simple as that. You can only get a BO chord at the top of a scale, but it sounds nothing like a chord.

You could, however, turn the Rhythm track all the way down so that only lead is heard but you could chart chords. They still won't sound like actual chords, but you could play them without single notes sounding awful.

That's what I'm talking about there, is the rhythm volume being turned down and somehow played so that lead at least *appears* to be playing the chords. I can't find a simple explanation for how it works anywhere and it never comes out right when I just guess.

Ok, what you need to do is:

1. Chart your song musically how you want it
2. Turn the volume all the way down on the rhythm track, and place notes where and how you'd like them to be played for the lead guitarist.
3. Once finished charting, go to the publish menu and make sure that guitar is set to play rhythm.
4. Enjoy your custom. It helps if you take the time to make the actual note of the rhythm charting agree with the lead or keyboard, whichever you're representing, because the volume isn't fully muted at 0. The game volume is more like 1-11 than 0-10.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you make custom vocal tracks using the keyboard anymore? That sucks bigtime!!!!
guitarherowizard  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarherowizard wrote:
you can

Not in GH5
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting... Yesterday I played 3 custom songs that had extended sustains (like Free Bird's intro on guitar).

HOW THE HELL OMG I WANT TO DO THAT IN MY OWN SONGS
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8LO653n_U

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoooooooooooly crap! That's awesome!

I can now make some interesting charts now

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steebeh wrote:
Hoooooooooooly crap! That's awesome!

I can now make some interesting charts now

Thanks!

It is very cool, but unfortunately the note doesn't ring out for its full duration because the game thinks it's only a 16th note or something. It sucks. They should have just let you use extended sustains (and hammer-on chords and slide notes too) to begin with, but it's like they don't actually want you to be able to make decent songs.

They really should have drop tunings, extra unplayable tracks, acoustic guitar effect, chord building and natural/artificial harmonics to name a few things. How many games do I have to wait before the music studio become something worth using. I do have some admiration for the people who persevere with GHMix 2.0 and come out with some decent customs. I think GHMix could have been a lot better; it doesn't seem like it was even tested. I was much happier with the new music studio but there are too many things missing from it that I think could easily have been there. I still want to know why you can't make playable vocal tracks using the keyboard anymore? That would have been really cool especially with being able to bend the notes now. I'm annoyed about all this but my rant over. Somebody else tell me that they were bugged about all this too so I don't feel like a whiney little b****? Please??
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's the only bad thing about it, but imo it will make custom songs very interesting to play

Hopefully NS add extended sustains and slider note placement in GH6.
SwiftlySwift  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BOYOBOYY wrote:
Why can't you make custom vocal tracks using the keyboard anymore? That sucks bigtime!!!!

guitarherowizard wrote:
you can

You can, but it'll still be set as "freestyle vocals" despite having a keyboard track, unlike in GHWT, which had you sing the melody. Bah, it was broken anyway. :P
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
Somebody else tell me that they were bugged about all this too so I don't feel like a whiney little b****? Please??

I understand what you're saying and I too wish GHMix 2.0 could be better. But think of it from their view: why make it perfect? Then you wouldn't need to buy the next edition. This is what game companies do. GHMix 10.0 still won't be perfect, so we're always just gonna have to work with what he got.

What I want most is just Drop tunings. Well, not necessarily drop tunings, but just D and C tuning (since virtually anything from Drop-D/C could be played from them). So many of my favorite songs could be made from D/C, and my favorite scale to write in is D minor, so I'd love to just be able to write in D.
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
What I want most is just Drop tunings. Well, not necessarily drop tunings, but just D and C tuning (since virtually anything from Drop-D/C could be played from them). So many of my favorite songs could be made from D/C, and my favorite scale to write in is D minor, so I'd love to just be able to write in D.

Bends are your friend. You won't get dropped sustains, but for short notes they work ok... I did a thunderhorse cover with the drop c riffs.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick question, I heard the neversoft was taking out any covers of songs from the GHtunes. If I was to post a cover of a song in GHTunes, would It be taken down? And if it does, do the somehow delete it off my wii to?

I charted the entire song The Fire and The Fury by Firewind, and belive it or not, its really damn good, exact to every note (I used a tab) and Im gonna be so pissed off it neversoft deletes it.
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a song is deleted it's taken down from their servers, and you are disallowed from reuploading it. However you, as well as anyone who downloaded it previously to it being deleted, can still play it as they don't remove the song from your memory.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently according to a Dev Interview I watched they will only be removing songs from GHTunes if the party that owns the rights request it.

That is why I believe all the Nintendo/Capcom is in the top 50 untouched still and AC/DC got removed immediately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: