ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Post your Music Maker questions here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLAYER7893  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so i was making a ghmix 2.0 custom that already used 4 hours of my time, saving frequently due to my xbox overheating a lot, and i go to save again to see that my custom song content has been damaged... this is the third time this happened... it makes me delete all of my customs, made or downloaded and it really pisses me off. has this happened to anybody else? if so, is there a way to correct/prevent it?
Overwin  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to chart chords to lead guitar in GHMix 2.0 Wii, without having to switch tracks mid songs?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how to do it.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
SwiftlySwift  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLAYER7893 wrote:
ok, so i was making a ghmix 2.0 custom that already used 4 hours of my time, saving frequently due to my xbox overheating a lot, and i go to save again to see that my custom song content has been damaged... this is the third time this happened... it makes me delete all of my customs, made or downloaded and it really pisses me off. has this happened to anybody else? if so, is there a way to correct/prevent it?

in b4 tl;dr - Turn off your console when you see those messages; never accept them, and save frequently.

This happened to me numerous times when working on really complex or note-heavy songs. It's been a while since I've last seen the error, but I remember just turning off my console whenever I got that message, and everything would be fine once I restarted, although all data up to the last save point would be lost, but I think that's better than having to delete an entire song and then some.

Don't buy into those "OH NOES, YER SONG IS DAMADGEDD, PLZ DELETE" messages that pop up, a lot of the time those messages really hold no value. I haven't had a single occasion where I've actually had a song become "corrupted" or whatever when I got those messages. I don't know what exactly triggers them, but they always seem to be false alarms.
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has probably been asked before, but I only read through the last few pages and it wasn't there so i'm going to ask it...
Is there a way to change the tempo of a song in the middle of it, or can you only have the same tempo throughout the whole song?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moomoomoo1 wrote:
This has probably been asked before, but I only read through the last few pages and it wasn't there so i'm going to ask it...
Is there a way to change the tempo of a song in the middle of it, or can you only have the same tempo throughout the whole song?

you have to have the same set tempo throughout the entire song, yes.

However, some people (me not one of them), have figured out how to change the bpm using other ways, and they can make whatever bpm they want. One way you could make some sort of change is just changing the snap count. Just start using 16th triplets as 16th notes and 8th triplets as regular 8th notes,or something like that.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hub.guitarhero.com/assets/Blog/GHStudioreference1.7B.pdf

I haven't looked at this but I have a feeling SwiftlySwift, Halowizard, and Erimgard (to name a few) should write it instead :P
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://hub.guitarhero.com/assets/Blog/GHStudioreference1.7B.pdf

I haven't looked at this but I have a feeling SwiftlySwift, Halowizard, and Erimgard (to name a few) should write it instead :P

Nah, I read it, it's a pretty good guide. A user could tell you more about the quirks of the program and how to avoid/use/abuse them, but other than that they've got everything covered.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm.... I've got a really weird question. I should know the answer, but I just can't find it... How to name songs in GH:SH (Wii)? All I get is "Custom Song X", X being a random number. I want to name my songs! How?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
Uhm.... I've got a really weird question. I should know the answer, but I just can't find it... How to name songs in GH:SH (Wii)? All I get is "Custom Song X", X being a random number. I want to name my songs! How?

You can go to Publish to name it. I always used to mistake that "publish" meant "upload," but you can name your song without putting it on GHTunes. Just go to "Publish Song," give it a name, and press "Save" and upload to GHTunes if you want

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Nysyarc  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for redirecting me here Erimgard. I've got a couple of other questions while I'm here:

1. Can you not put star power on notes after a certain time/number of measures in a song? Cause I put star power at various intervals on the Lead and Keyboard tracks, but the song is almost 6 minutes long, and the last two star power sections (they aren't on the same measures for Lead/Keyboard) won't show up while playing it. I've tried moving them around a measure or two, deleting and re-assigning them, etc. Nothing has worked.

2. How do you place more notes on top of a sustained note? For example if I wanted to have the green note sustain and then add a red note to the sustain or maybe hammer-on some reds/yellows/whatever while the green is still going. I've seen it done in some customs but can't figure it out.
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were these sp phrases 13 and 14 by any chance? I haven't bumped into it myself but Swiftly once told me that you can only have twelve in a song. While we're on the subject of limits, you can only have 100 markers as well. Getting near that limit it causes the ghmix gui to visibly lose fps.

As for extended sustains, yksi-kaksi-kolme made an excellent video on that matter.

Last edited by Erimgard on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
Nysyarc  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erimgard wrote:
Were these sp phrases 13 and 14 by any chance? I haven't bumped into it myself but Swiftly once told me that you can only have twelve in a song. While we're on the subject of limits, you can only have 100 markers as well. Getting near that limit it causes the ghmix gui to visibly lose fps.

As for extended sustains, yski-kaksi-kolme made an excellent video on that matter.

Yep, I counted and there are exactly 12 on each track before the ones that don't work come up. I'll have to just space them out a bit more, thanks. The vid was also very helpful.
jedibob5  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never was good with the original GH studio and I'm finally trying to do something with the new GH5 revamped studio, however it is completely mystifying me... I've played songs with CHORDS in the lead tracks (but it won't let me put them in myself...), I'm hearing about star power that you can put down YOURSELF and not have the game auto-assign it... I've discovered you can change scales mid-song, which is cool... I didn't notice any tutorials for the new features... Am I missing something here? Is there some sort of tell-all in depth tutorial about every last feature in this, or what?

(Another thing I have trouble with is trying to get the right BPM for the right note speed... I wish there was a note speed you could use in between 16ths and 32nds...)

Jedibob5's Accomplishments - Demon Cleaner FC!
Scorehero: The only place where one can say "I choked on the Red Snake" and nobody will think twice.
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedibob5 wrote:
I never was good with the original GH studio and I'm finally trying to do something with the new GH5 revamped studio, however it is completely mystifying me... I've played songs with CHORDS in the lead tracks (but it won't let me put them in myself...), I'm hearing about star power that you can put down YOURSELF and not have the game auto-assign it... I've discovered you can change scales mid-song, which is cool... I didn't notice any tutorials for the new features... Am I missing something here? Is there some sort of tell-all in depth tutorial about every last feature in this, or what?

(Another thing I have trouble with is trying to get the right BPM for the right note speed... I wish there was a note speed you could use in between 16ths and 32nds...)

There's a pretty good tutorial hanging out somewhere on guitarhero.com if I recall. But to do the two things you named, go to Tools (orange), then Track Design (yellow) in ghmix.
mattp133  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you calibrate the song? do you do it in game or in the song list editor? bc on mine its waaaaaaayy off lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: