ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jimi Hendrix and The Raconteurs to Rock Guitar Hero(R) World
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Jimi Hendrix and The Raconteurs to Rock Guitar Hero(R) World Reply with quote

Jimi Hendrix and The Raconteurs to Rock Guitar Hero(R) World Tour in November
Tuesday October 28, 8:30 am ET

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Raconteurs and Jimi Hendrix will both take to the virtual stage this November as downloadable content in Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) Guitar Hero® World Tour, the company announced today.
ADVERTISEMENT

Already confirmed to take center stage as a playable character, Jimi Hendrix, one of the most creative and influential musicians of the 20th century, will return with three additional downloadable master tracks. The blues track "If 6 was 9," rhythm and blues classic "Little Wing," and a live version of the iconic Hendrix track "Fire" will all be available as downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour on November 13th, 2008.

Making their debut appearance in a videogame, charismatic rockers, The Raconteurs are set to leave their mark with three tracks off their second album Consolers of the Lonely. The trio of "Salute Your Solution," "Hold Up" and "Consoler of the Lonely" will debut as part of a three song set list on November 20th, 2008 that will allow virtual rockers the chance to experience the killer sounds of The Raconteurs like never before.

The Raconteurs Track Pack and Jimi Hendrix Track Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49. In addition, the three tracks from The Raconteurs Track Pack will be released as single downloadable songs for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection for Wii(TM) for 200 Wii Points.

When the house lights go down, a new generation of guitarists, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Guitar Hero World Tour. The latest installment in the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii(TM) home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard's success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company's ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation," "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo.
bender0877  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Hendrix! Awesome! Cannot freaking wait!

Add me, I'll accept.
Playing GH:WT and RB2 now
BioHazardABZ  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Neversoft way to keep the DLC coming.

Can we also expect some Free Halloween DLC

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
buckethead6  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Hendrix FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not heard of The Raconteurs but I may download their songs as well. Great start for the GH:WT DLC (not counting the Classic Rock track pack).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Red Moblin
viper565  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, anything Hendrix is great.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Guitar all around my friends
froggyman75  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOO! The Raconteurs FINALLY! and YAY at Jimi Hendrix DLC :P
Defo going to get both when GHWT is released over here :P
TehGreenLlama  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love gh as much as you can love a game, im glad about the hendrix DLC, but as much as i love gh, i hate the DLC schedule so much, random ass release dates, i wish it had an actual schedule.
Glock  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES more Hendrix!

"Already confirmed to take center stage as a playable character, Jimi Hendrix,"

still doesn't solve our problem if he is unlockable though
MacDuff  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hendrix,yay!

Raconteurs....eew.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting my copy tomorrow, this is pretty sweet announcement !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it looks like GHWT is going to appeal to PS3 users by releasing new DLC every Thursday instead of Tuesday (launch DLC notwithstanding). I thought the Quantum of Solace theme was going to be on here as well, though?

ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection for Wii(TM) for 200 Wii Points.

Best line of the entire announcement right there. It's soo good to finally see Wii getting some DLC love, since it never fleshed out on GH3.

Apparently, if I read that correctly, the Jimi Hendrix will NOT be coming to Wii? =/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TelekineticBear PSN Name: Vegito70
dmau82  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManOfMrE wrote:
Apparently, if I read that correctly, the Jimi Hendrix will NOT be coming to Wii? =/

If this is true, consider me enraged.

I mean I like the Raconteurs, I'm glad we can get singles instead of only packs, but Hendrix DLC was one of the things I was most looking forward to. If they screw the most popular console on one of the biggest names in the game... I can't even finish that sentence.

I seriously hope they only said it that way because they haven't finalized a date for the Wii or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: