SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rubik's Cubes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastercrazy10 wrote:
Anybody ever try a roux solve on a 3x3? THAT is a fun way to solve.

-CC10

No, but I'll tell you a quite frustrating-when-you-can't-do-it-properly way to solve - the Petrus method. I swear I'm doing everything correctly, then all of a sudden I'm completely screwed again. It's rather annoying.

I'm determined to learn a way to do it other than layer-by-layer though. I'll look up what the roux solve involves. :P

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:
Anybody ever try a roux solve on a 3x3? THAT is a fun way to solve.

-CC10

No, but I'll tell you a quite frustrating-when-you-can't-do-it-properly way to solve - the Petrus method. I swear I'm doing everything correctly, then all of a sudden I'm completely screwed again. It's rather annoying.

I'm determined to learn a way to do it other than layer-by-layer though. I'll look up what the roux solve involves. :P

I use the petrus method and some algorithms from the booklet. The main ones I use are Niklas, Sune, Alan and from the booklet, I use the corner swappers, flippers and edge flippers. I use my own algorithm for the first two layers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:

The roux method is weird, to say the least. It involves making 2 1x2x3 blocks adjacent to each other in the bottom two layers and then go from there.

If you want to be super-hardcore-not-layer-by-layer, you should try out the Heise method. This involves NO memorized moves and a lot of group theory. Really good virtual cube too.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Rube1526
Yarukinasu  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have like my custom Rubik's Cube and I bought it from http://cubesmith.com/
Overall, they're pretty smooth and I used to solve it around 3-35 seconds but now I don't even know if I can solve it or not lol
Slagr  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone tried cubes with pictures rather than just colors? it's not too much harder, but does require the odd additional movement to orient center cubes. sorry if this was asked before; it's 4:30 am and i didn't want to read 9 pages

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:
has anyone tried cubes with pictures rather than just colors? it's not too much harder, but does require the odd additional movement to orient center cubes. sorry if this was asked before; it's 4:30 am and i didn't want to read 9 pages

I have a cube with letters instead of colours. The goal is to form a three letter word along four lines through the center:

Code:
|     |     |     |
|  N  |  O  |  T  |
|_____|_____|_____|
|     |     |     |
|  M  |  E  |  N  |
|_____|_____|_____|

This side is solved, since there is a proper word running through the center up-and-down (TOE), left-and-right (NOT), and along both diagonals (EON and MOP).

That picture makes it look easier than it is, since they're all in the correct orientation and is only a quarter-turn away from being fully solved (horizontal-middle slice clockwise, if you can't see it :P). I still haven't solved it, but then I haven't put a huge amount of time into it. >_>

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
singertoad  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a "21 set twists to solve a rubriks cude" or is that a myth?
12:41 fudrick: im taking a quick break
12:42 singertoad: Jerk off break?
12:42 JohnnyGrey: >_>
12:42 fudrick: my forearm is starting to hurt lol
12:42 JohnnyGrey: lol context >_>
12:42 singertoad: haha
turbo  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a project being done somewhere where they found out how to solve any possible setup on a 3x3x3 in 26(?) moves. They accomplished 26, and are working on 25 (and have most of it done), or they accomplished 25, nd are working on 24 (with most of it done). I can't remember how low they got.

No, there are not 21 set twists to solve a rubik's cube. Maybe if you get the right setup, it can be done in 21 moves, but not every time, that's for sure.

PS to coastercrazy. I'm going to six flags Magic Mountain soon (getting my 3rd or 4th year pass). I think I'm going to solve a 3x3x3 in the duration of X2 (start of drop to slow-down).

[edit]
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070531131326.htm
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: smelLOL Wii Friend Code: 468266909114
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got tired of messing with my rubiks cube so I antisolved it with no color touching another one (horizontally and vertically). lol

Simpsonfreak17  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first Rubik cube Saturday. I went and check for all the algorithms. As of now, my record is 2:10 which I found pretty good. ^__^

Graciously documenting our future retards
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: simpsonfreak17
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordanpwnsme wrote:
I got tired of messing with my rubiks cube so I antisolved it with no color touching another one (horizontally and vertically). lol

That's not actually too difficult, it only takes six moves from the solved state. :P

It looks pretty though.

Simpsonfreak17 wrote:
I bought my first Rubik cube Saturday. I went and check for all the algorithms. As of now, my record is 2:10 which I found pretty good. ^__^

Hehe, good job. We still need to have that race some time.

My record at the moment is 1:27 if you don't include the sub-minute scores I used to get ages ago, so this could be fun. :P

Klaww  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never solved one. once i got all of the whites on one side except for one...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mainly use Petrus, and, although I won't win at speed, I usually win at moves for local competitions.
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned how to do one a week ago :P. Current time is 1:47 but i doubt i'll get it any faster. I'm getting bored of it :P.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
FoG  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought another Rubik's cube. (My first one broke) And my current time as of this morning is 2 minutes and 13 seconds. I use the Layer by Layer method at the moment, but I am currently looking at other ways of solving it.

I can probably do much better with a greased up cube, and what not.

[quote:b7d032669f="MarkMadness"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat

My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote:b7d032669f="dudextr"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: