ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New Forum Signature Rules (Updated 7/18/11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this Deimos, I felt like signatures were really getting out of hand. I do have a few questions about what can and cannot go in the sig. My first one is, can we have a link to our accomplishments thread? I know it can always be searched, but I morely wanted to know which criteria it fell under:
Deimos wrote:
  • Links (image or text) to your personal or band accomplishment topics (something like "latest accomplishment: ________" is fine here).
  • Links (image or text) to your personal website/blog/etc.

Things that you can NOT have in your signature
  • Referral links of any type, Prizerebel or otherwise.

And my other question is, I have a link to my stream, but don't have SocialGamer (so no dynamic image), is it ok to just have my link there instead of the image?

More than anything, I ask these questions because the SH dynamic sig image will take up most of that signature size and wanted to organize correctly. I know I don't need the "hard FC's" numbers in my sig and the PSN name as well, they're going to the wiki. Thanks in advance and thanks for implying restrictions, this should make navigating threads much easier!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in 100% agreement with this rule, unlike the avatar height ruling. Im so tired of people having sigs that take up almost a whole screen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
rkcr  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blakstang98 wrote:
My first one is, can we have a link to our accomplishments thread?

Yes you can. It falls under "Links (image or text) to your personal or band accomplishment topics."

blakstang98 wrote:
And my other question is, I have a link to my stream, but don't have SocialGamer (so no dynamic image), is it ok to just have my link there instead of the image?

Yes, that's fine.
N.T.F.  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:
Hurray! Now 50% of my page won't be clustered full of crap like: NU GOAL: PUT AN 'X' IN THIS BOX --> [ ]X <--- OMG I FAIL LULZ

EXACTLY what I was thinking. And question: if you put a link like, say, someone's band's myspace, would that be not allowed?
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
I am in 100% agreement with this rule, unlike the avatar height ruling. Im so tired of people having sigs that take up almost a whole screen.

The height ruling also shrinks the total size of someone's post. If you allow 135x500 (ridiculous example, I know) they have now taken up a large amount of space even if they post 1 line of text. I agree 135 high is a little low, but it's only an avatar...
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine used to be pretty big, now I changed it. Now that I realize it, the forums look way better without all of the junk. I can actually focus on the threads. Thanks Deimos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blakstang98 wrote:
More than anything, I ask these questions because the SH dynamic sig image will take up most of that signature size and wanted to organize correctly. I know I don't need the "hard FC's" numbers in my sig and the PSN name as well, they're going to the wiki. Thanks in advance and thanks for implying restrictions, this should make navigating threads much easier!

Some people seem to be missing this, but the ScoreHero dynamic sig image does not count as part of the 170 pixel height restriction. It's above and beyond that. See the second post for reasoning.
cwhitney2  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the greatest announcement ever.
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
blakstang98 wrote:

Some people seem to be missing this, but the ScoreHero dynamic sig image does not count as part of the 170 pixel height restriction. It's above and beyond that. See the second post for reasoning.

Well, I don't understand what a dynamic image is. Is that like you have a image saying "My Thread" on it and it links to your thread, is that a dynamic link? Because I had that in my sig, but I took it out.

Last edited by Fatsally93 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail PSN Name: Fatsally93
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good way to reduce space is to shrink your text size like in mine, I believe I have a space to spare, and I have a lot of info on there. And also use HTML to make a table, not much is ever used in the right space of a sig. I'll be getting on that one soon.

Last edited by codemann8 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsally93 wrote:
Well, I don't understand what a dynamic image is. Is that like you have a image saying "My Thread" on it and it links to your thread, is that a direct link? Because I had that in my sig, but I took it out. Is that what it is?

It is whats at the bottom of my sig.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
samtheman  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now usually, I'm at agreement with whatever decisions you guys may make. However, here, I disagree and think that 170 height is a terrible limit. The picture in my signature, one I've used for a while now, is 217. But it's only one image....I don't think it is anywhere near "cluttering the forum". Resized the image looks terrible. =/ Something cluttering the forum would be like a wall of text, or multiple images stack on each other. I personally think my one image is fine and the term "cluttering the forums" may be exaggerated a tad. =/

Last edited by samtheman on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
Fatsally93 wrote:
Well, I don't understand what a dynamic image is. Is that like you have a image saying "My Thread" on it and it links to your thread, is that a direct link? Because I had that in my sig, but I took it out. Is that what it is?

It is whats at the bottom of my sig.

Well, this is EXACTLY what I had:

It goes right to my thread, is that ok, or not?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

say we accidentally put something wrong in our sig, nothing will happen to us except for it being changed?
and does mine look alright like it is now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samtheman wrote:
Now usually, I'm at agreement with whatever decisions you guys may make. However, here, I disagree and think that 170 height is a terrible limit. The picture in my signature, one I've used for a while now, is 217. But it's only one image....I don't think it is anywhere near "cluttering the forum". Resized the image looks terrible. =/ Something cluttering the forum would be like a wall of text, or multiple images stack on each other. I personally think my one image is fine and the term "cluttering the forums" may be exaggerated a tad. =/

First of all, that image is 320 pixels wide, it's only 217 tall. And no, we're not making exceptions for people just because they think their sig is extra-cool.

Regardless, it looks fine resized:

(Save that and put it somewhere you have control of, I won't leave it on my server forever)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: