ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to play guitar and vocals at the same time?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: How to play guitar and vocals at the same time? Reply with quote

How do you do it?

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
AdamTL7  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say turn on your guitar and controller and go into band play or quick play.

You would need some sort of mic stand, though...

^Thanks to MSH-Hitman for this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Luptak Attack
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a standard controller + mic to play vocals in addition to your guitar/drums.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: How to play guitar and vocals at the same time? Reply with quote

What system are you on? If your system has an online network, (XBox Live, PSN) then you can hook up a headset used to talk to people online into a standard controller and use that for vocals.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
You need a standard controller + mic to play vocals in addition to your guitar/drums.

Well, I know. But, how do you activate vocal starpower when playing guitar? Also, is there a microphone stand for the game?

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Magnum- wrote:
Sully wrote:

Well, I know. But, how do you activate vocal starpower when playing guitar? Also, is there a microphone stand for the game?

If I'm correct in remembering that you tap the mic to activate (it's not out here yet, I only go by what I read on here) then you could either headbutt it... not hard, just enough to activate, or make some kind of sound into it. Preferably some kind of percussive sound, like you'll hear people doing for tambourine sections in Rock Band voxtar videos. Though, to be fair, I've found that any noise works for those, so I guess experimentation is the key.

Also, I'm gonna assume you're joking about the mic stand.

Actually... no, this is the internet, sarcasm is lost so I really can't tell. A mic stand is a mic stand. Pretty much any kind will do. They're pretty cheap. If you don't want to get one, improvise - I took the top off a guitar stand, turned it round and put it back together before attaching the mic to the top with rubber bands. Works perfectly 'cos I play sitting down, obviously anyone who plays standing up would need something taller.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
JesterT2  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do it on rock band, but I can't learn how to sing on GHWT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I suggest that anyone with questions about how to multitask read socialskill's incredibly thorough guide to multitasking. He wrote it for Rock Band but many things apply to GHWT as well.

Activating vocal star power: This is a weird one because RB and WT have rather different mechanics for activating star power. If you have a mic stand, you should try tapping the bottom of the stand with your foot to activate. If that doesn't work, you could always put the controller on the ground and press any of the colored buttons with your (hopefully clean) foot...

Mic stands: For several months of playing RB, I used twine to tie my mic to the back of a chair. It wasn't the most comfortable thing and I had to lean awkwardly into it, but it worked. Other people have also come up with their own innovative methods - I've heard of people hanging their mics from the ceiling. But honestly, I recommend getting a real mic stand. You can buy them from any music store (like Guitar Center) and they make multitasking sooo much nicer.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it'd be enough to buy a mic stand and memorize the vocals and when they come in the song O_o

SP would be tough, though...

EDIT: I built a K'NEX mic stand, so maybe you could try that

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs

Last edited by yksi-kaksi-kolme on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Ellemennt75  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to play guitar and vocals at the same time? Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
What system are you on? If your system has an online network, (XBox Live, PSN) then you can hook up a headset used to talk to people online into a standard controller and use that for vocals.

Are we talking WT or RB? I'd really like to try that.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ellemennt75
Klaww  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing some, I figured if you're multitasking, a strong blow of air will activate SP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: No mic stand? Reply with quote

The way I do it without using a headset is to rap the mic around my shoulder a few times leaving it dangle down in front of my mouth. If the mic isn't picking up you voice, simply turn up the mic's sensitivity.
swordchucks4life  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How to play guitar and vocals at the same time? Reply with quote

Ellemennt75 wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:

Are we talking WT or RB? I'd really like to try that.

It works for both, but since these aren't the RB forums, it's usually safe to assume people are talking about WT unless they specify, though in most cases if that's the case, they should be making a thread in the RB side instead anyways

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

XBL Gamertag: Swordchucks27

"It's not what you think, I know it looks like we're cleaning dishes but actually we're having sex" -Dr. Gregory House
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Swordchucks27
louster200  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the music stand setup?

I have a stand and I set the mic through it and it works perfectly fine for me.

zztwig12  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: voxtar Reply with quote

for the star power activation you can also hit the triangle square x or circle button. leave the controller by your foot. thats what i would do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: zztwig12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: