ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Theories on Freestyle Sections? Help me update OP D:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to gain more points the more you change your pitch for the songs I've played at least. When I just went at one pitch, the game wasn't giving me any points.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I tested this out.

I held the mic to the speakers of my keyboard, went to Crazy Train, and played each note. I held each note for about 1 second or so, so it registered. And sure enough, playing A, B, C#, D, E, F#, and G# got me a 7x multiplier.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Alright, so I tested this out.

I held the mic to the speakers of my keyboard, went to Crazy Train, and played each note. I held each note for about 1 second or so, so it registered. And sure enough, playing A, B, C#, D, E, F#, and G# got me a 7x multiplier.

Any chance you could hold each note out for the entire freeform section and see which note gets you the most points? Apparently one note gives you more points than any of the others. Also, perhaps try some of the other notes in the chromatic scale Because i've gotten 8x a few times (mr. crowley 1st freeform), but some freeforms i can only get 3x or 4x (hotel california). I agree with the earlier post that the sections might be different

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested out freeforms in Hotel Cali. Went through a chromatic scale, and got a 7x in each one. Only scored points when I was on a pitch in the tonal scale. My final score was 272k+, with an average multiplier (get this) of 9.387. AND, I borked a phrase early in the song that made me break combo. My score at the end of the actual vocals was about 159k. So, from the five freeforms, I got about 113k.

I also just did Dammit, did the same thing, and scored a 220 x1 in one of the freeforms. That was my BEST freeform.

If this is not the most broken-ass scoring system I've ever seen, I don't know what is.
Cuno  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamTL7 wrote:
I sang every note on my keyboard in one octave into the section on Scream Aim Fire. These are the notes that will get you points, and the highest i got was a x6 multiplier :

B
C#
D#
F
F#
G#
A#

It doesnt seem like any scale, because the F should be an E, but Scream Aim Fire won't give you points for an E

...That's still a scale. F = Ex (double sharp).
It's just a really messed up key.

This scoring system is messed up...props to anyone that abuses the hell out of it without a synthesizer.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 317968448119
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the vocalist for my WT band, I've got a question that doesn't seem answered. What if you just hummed the notes that are being played in the song?

Cuno  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: being stupid, nvm.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 317968448119
burningtoad  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuno wrote:
AdamTL7 wrote:
I sang every note on my keyboard in one octave into the section on Scream Aim Fire. These are the notes that will get you points, and the highest i got was a x6 multiplier :

B
C#
D#
F
F#
G#
A#

It doesnt seem like any scale, because the F should be an E, but Scream Aim Fire won't give you points for an E

...That's still a scale. F = Ex (double sharp).
It's just a really messed up key.

This scoring system is messed up...props to anyone that abuses the hell out of it without a synthesizer.

False. F = E#

This is actually the F# Major scale, or B Lydian scale.
A cool guy wrote:
"[R]eally clever ... Charted everything in the name of fun, but never too absurdly."

We had the only score!
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This + Drum fill sections = Idiotic scoring systems all around in WT. Wow.
DiscoV  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been trying out the scale thing, but it seems only to work on some songs. While I do agree that changing the pitch increases multiplier, some pitches dont even register on the game. On Assassin, I have had 3 pitches that are incapable of registering in the game (Im 100% sure Im in the right key). This vocal system is extremely difficult to understand.

Also, when I try to change pitches throughout the key, my system doesnt even register that Im singing at times. It takes several seconds to register that I am, and by that time the phrase is over and Im stuck with a 450 x 4 multiplier. I cant seem to figure this out. Ive had better luck just singing the magic pitch and getting 2000 x 3 multiplier. Its frustrating.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no proof, but I am going to try to make a video. I just now got up to x9 during the freeform in What I've Done only using random sounds with my voice. Perhaps this means that you can use a chromatic scale instead of a systematic scale and get up to x14?
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, THABEAST, it's not that simple. Many tones seem to not work, and it might be possible that some tones only work during certain sections of freeform sections (like my earlier idea about chord progressions). This system seems very complex, and a lot more tests need to be run to figure it out =/

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
I have no proof, but I am going to try to make a video. I just now got up to x9 during the freeform in What I've Done only using random sounds with my voice. Perhaps this means that you can use a chromatic scale instead of a systematic scale and get up to x14?

I believe you, because I've gotten an 8x before several times. I think it works a lot like the BREs in RB-- you've got 7 pitches that work (whatever scale you're in) and your multiplier goes up when you hit a new one for a set length of time (probably about 3/4 of a second to 1 second, from my experience). Each time you hit a pitch, a timer starts (for maybe 7 seconds or so) that when the timer resets, you can get credit for a multiplier again. That's why some people can get a 2x by singing a single pitch, and why sliding down a scale quickly doesn't work well.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyuukyuu wrote:

I'd rather have the drum freestyle sections that don't take away from the actual drum track.

I'd rather not have to bash my mic against my hand every time I'm on vocals when there's a guitar solo thank you very much.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though.

LOL DIS GAEM SUX
Darkest  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Kyuukyuu wrote:

I'd rather have the drum freestyle sections that don't take away from the actual drum track.

I'd rather not have to bash my mic against my hand every time I'm on vocals when there's a guitar solo thank you very much.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though.

LOL DIS GAEM SUX

That is sooooo true.

You can't even watch you're friend play and like FC the GGaHT solo.

----------------
Now playing: Bullet For My Valentine - End Of Days
via FoxyTunes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: