ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Theories on Freestyle Sections? Help me update OP D:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x8 is definitely possible, I did it quite a few times during clan practice this afternoon. What I really noticed(similar to some of the things said above) is that if I started a scale and held each note for a little bit, the multipliers would gradually kick in. So, for long FF sections, getting to x8 wasn't too difficult. Shorter FF sections I tended to get to x3 at best.

There are still some songs where I can't get the FF sections to budge nearly at all, Trapped In Ice comes to mind. The multiplier and the overall score ticker was almost totally stagnant.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man Trapped Under Ice
I noticed that also
I also noticed I broke combo for absolutely no reason.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little work on freestyle sections the other day and made a video about what I found. I think it might be a good jumping off point to refining techniques on these things.

Freeform Vid

Note: It's a little over 9 minutes long, mostly due to my rambling about things, so it may fall into the TL;DW category.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to add to this discussion.
I'm pretty sure two things work the best on a song's freeform. You'll need to try the song twice or more to see which one works better. It seems using the Solfege scale(Spelling baw) works wonders on some songs while rolling your tongue works miracles on the other songs. Also, laughing like a maniac works too for the songs that don't get you the most points.

What I've just written is pretty much what I do for freeforms, I usually sing a scale fast and then change a key, doing that usually gets me 1K and maybe a multiplier. The multiplier is going to be a big thing to find out, usually just keeping a pitch steady increases points while changing pitches usually makes your score go up slower and your multiplier go up rapidly at times. This is just my theory, I'd love to hear others.
squall1729  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't finished career yet, but so far, singing an octave has almost always got me x8 - one for each note (easy to see when you hit the note, points increase quickly) plus one for the octave up from where you started.

I'm not sure whether it's the same as Trapped Under Ice, but I did notice very odd things for Dammit - this was very hard to raise multiplier, and also hard to get any points at all.

One thing that really stuck out though was: "0 x 2"
somehow, I managed to get a x2 without actually registering any points...only ever able to do this on Dammit so far though.

Btw, I'm guessing the multipliers are on top of everything else? E.g. full band mode, say you have a x4 going into a freeform, then deploy star power (x2), everyone else does (band x4), and hit every note in the scale (x8), your multiplier will be x256? That seems...insane, at the rate the base points get added in these sections :S

PS3 GHWT player - PSN = sql_lall
Don't tell me to Learn-to-Play-a-Real-Guitar!
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squall1729 wrote:
I haven't finished career yet, but so far, singing an octave has almost always got me x8 - one for each note (easy to see when you hit the note, points increase quickly) plus one for the octave up from where you started.

I'm not sure whether it's the same as Trapped Under Ice, but I did notice very odd things for Dammit - this was very hard to raise multiplier, and also hard to get any points at all.

One thing that really stuck out though was: "0 x 2"
somehow, I managed to get a x2 without actually registering any points...only ever able to do this on Dammit so far though.

Btw, I'm guessing the multipliers are on top of everything else? E.g. full band mode, say you have a x4 going into a freeform, then deploy star power (x2), everyone else does (band x4), and hit every note in the scale (x8), your multiplier will be x256? That seems...insane, at the rate the base points get added in these sections :S

Yeah, that basically means that for the four freeform sections at the end of Hotel California, you could conceivably net around 2M in a full band with smart overdrive.
lilo95  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard constantly changing the pitch as well helps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbillkickoff wrote:

Yeah, that basically means that for the four freeform sections at the end of Hotel California, you could conceivably net around 2M in a full band with smart overdrive.

More than 2million. The singer alone would get 2,280,000 for the 4 perfect freeforms under SP, then you'd add on all the other instruments' points with the 4x band multiplier and 2x SP multiplier. Holy shit that's some points.

Also, I like how when RB came out, everyone called overdrive 'star power' and now it seems to have reversed. I regularly say USE OVERDRIVE on GH now

EDIT: I forgot about how SP works in GHWT, so that many points might not be possible, but at minimum the 2,280,000 for vocals would be possible.
Ellemennt75  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think understanding this will be like understanding squeezing and ticks for the other guitar heroes. We didn't understand them at first, but we have them down to a science now.

It would be really cool to get this down, because seeing songs in the possible 2 mills could be awesome.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ellemennt75
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day, I'm pretty sure I got a 9x on one of the freeform sections of What I've Done, when I thought 8x was the most you could get. I'll try it again the next time I get a chance to make sure.

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to me that I don't actually have to travel a scale to gain multiplier, only that i have to change the note. I am no singer, so there may be things happening I am not noticing or understanding, but I just ooooo'd two different pitches, switching when the multiplier raised, and it continued to raise between only those two pitches.

Also the points seemed to stream quicker when I was spot on a note, where when I was slightly off it slowed down, and when half way between notes it seemed to stop, no matter how loud I was.

I did this all on the hotel california freeform section in practice mode.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the basic rule is:
Long note=points
Changing note=multiplier

I am wondering though, is there someone out there with a de-bugged PC and that knows enough 'computer speak' (as you see i am not too good) to be able to get into the software of the game and crack the code of how the freeform works for every song???

just wondering

Seriously, it causes so much drama.
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible we're over-thinking this, I experimented with freeform sections to see what gives the most points (not a vocalist, this is my first singing game ever) and I found that rolling your tongue and sounds like that netted me over 1k points on most (not the really short ones). Changing pitch does help though, but I seem to have noticed after a while you 'wear out' a pitch so it won't give you any more points. I also swear I saw a 12X once... might just have been me though

Meh, I may be completely wrong, mind :P

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says in the loading screen to sing to the pitch of the song. Just hum. Works pretty good for me.
xCuPPeRx  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are in a multiplayer match, I don't think it multiplies by the starpower (eg. You get 1000 points x 7, then in singleplayer it would also multiply the star power, x2 your current multiplier, so Single player I think would be this.
1000 x7 4 x2
Points Freeform Multiplier Multiplier Star Power

Multiplayer:
1000 x7 4
Points Freeform Multiplier Multiplier

From my observations, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: