ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Theories on Freestyle Sections? Help me update OP D:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopGearFTW wrote:
points. I also swear I saw a 12X once... might just have been me though

Meh, I may be completely wrong, mind :P

You're not imagining it, I just got a 0x9 on What I've Done
Wolfycat  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In several FF sections I've achieved the x9 multiplier. I just start singing the scale every note for a little while in the long FF sections upwards, and when I can't continue higher I start goind down the same scale and notes. And then over again, this boosts both points and multiplier.
In one song (don't remember which) the FF sections were in the end. I got here with around 35k score for the whole song keeping SP full and with combo x4. I finished the song with around 221k.
Have to practice in full band mode.
think13  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfycat wrote:
In several FF sections I've achieved the x9 multiplier. I just start singing the scale every note for a little while in the long FF sections upwards, and when I can't continue higher I start goind down the same scale and notes. And then over again, this boosts both points and multiplier.
In one song (don't remember which) the FF sections were in the end. I got here with around 35k score for the whole song keeping SP full and with combo x4. I finished the song with around 221k.
Have to practice in full band mode.

This is amazingly awesome. Could you maybe give us a picture or a video with the x9 multiplier??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe so few people have seen over 7x. I've had up to 12x before, but I forget which song that was.
Here's a picture of a 9x multiplier on FF:

LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if the scale theory for increasing multiplier is correct, after a certain time each tone "resets" and you can raise your multiplier again by singing that tone again?

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
think13  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another theory is that those freeforms use the chromatic scale, which has 12 pitches instead of 8.

Freeforms are so messed up...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Multiplier Reply with quote

A friend of mine (who plays almost exclusively vocals on the Wii nonetheless) seems to have it down pretty good. I've listened to her do it, and when the freeform section starts, she starts at the base note, and slides the pitch way up (more than an octave), and slides it back down again, and just keeps repeating (while rolling her tongue the whole time).

Sounds goofy, but she racks it up. I've seen her hit 9x on one song (a lot of the freeforms aren't long enough to get up there and get to 5 or 6) and she saves the star power for it too, so when she comes in with 4x standard multiplier, then hits 9x, and then uses star power, it's just crazy.

I'm gonna take a break from guitar and try out the vocals, so I'll report back, but of all the folks I've seen try to master singing, this seems like the hottest prospect to me as I've seen it work in person, and it's pretty consistent. Again, it sounds goofy, and almost like a police siren, but it's apparently registering all the notes in the scale... She's got almost 309k on NSTB which is probably good for top 10 on all systems. She basically owns songs with long freeforms using this method...

Otto
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious. At what point at the end of the freeform section do you have to activate SP? Right when you see the line? Or right at the line?

Or do you activate at the beginning of the freeform?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
I'm curious. At what point at the end of the freeform section do you have to activate SP? Right when you see the line? Or right at the line?

Or do you activate at the beginning of the freeform?

If you want to maximize the amount of points in the shortest time of having SP activated, you'll want to activate as close to the exact end as you can. The points from the freeform don't get added to your score till the end, so activating SP at the beginning of the freeform is a pointless and potentially risky use of SP. Activating at the very end doubles every single point you earned from that freeform and you may still have time to hit some phrases later.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
squall1729  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you want that star power to run out earlier so you can then collect more and use it later ;) {i believe it's possible to have a song where this happens...}

Also, for these multipliers x9 or higher, are these on songs with the 'weird' freeforms? That is, the ones where just singing one constant note won't rack up the points (e.g. Trapped under Ice).

As to get 210 x 9, I believe it does have to be one of those weird ones - with the normal ones, to get to x9 you'd have way more than 210. My guess is that we still need to figure out what raises both sides of the A x B score for these weird ones.

PS3 GHWT player - PSN = sql_lall
Don't tell me to Learn-to-Play-a-Real-Guitar!
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just managed to get a x10 on Tuesday's Gone in GH:M. The freeforms in that song are REALLY long, and it gave me a lot of time to sing a scale and then just "flail" my voice until I hit x10.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: