ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate "Help me with ____" thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cjmainy  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Crazy Train solo Reply with quote

Guitarherolov3r wrote:
First of all what is the finger technique for this in the solo : like what i've been doing is holding down the green then hammering on the notes then holding down the red then hamering on the notes etc. but it doesnt seem to work because the notes are going by too fast. please help me all advice is appreciated =]

I would go:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTFAF Intro help please?
I have a tendency to miss the first few notes after that red strum at the beginning. By the time I would have a combo back up, I fail! Any help?
4mercafella20  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need help with EE solo a... only part stoppin me from an fc cause i can only hit it like 1/20 times
Pokemaniac1  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Nice! Reply with quote

Thanks for making this! It helped me alot with raining blood!
WVUMountaineers  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to change the link to "A different song" to the wiki page? The wiki page has alot more songs and can be updated. The forum thread is locked and won't be updated
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MitRialb
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought It'd be better to post it here, woops about the new topic:

So I'll put it at this:
I know I can 5 Star it, my highest score is 254,497 on it, but I can't seem to get close again. I keep screwing up at...Basically every part. That riff is annoying, the intro part is hard for me to get SP (The second part) And when I do I usually end up not getting a combo, etc.

This song is generally a song that annoys me so I want to finish it off ASAP, so I need
1)Tips
2)To know what number the cutoff specifically is (265k something right?)

And suggest any other parts in other songs to practice outside of six If needed. Any help is great, as I really just want to get this song over with <_<

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really needing help with HFT's intro! Help?
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaahhh.... Basically, I really don't know how to strum Trogdor's fast strumming bit. I can't fc it on slowest, I'm overstrumming so much. I think I might've heard somewhere to strum it as fast as Misirlou?
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Yeaahhh.... Basically, I really don't know how to strum Trogdor's fast strumming bit. I can't fc it on slowest, I'm overstrumming so much. I think I might've heard somewhere to strum it as fast as Misirlou?

Yeah, uh, lol. First off all, you have to strum MUCH faster than Misirlou speed. Misirlou's strumming is around 13 notes per second, Trogor's solo is over 17. That, compiled with GH2's very tight strumming engine makes it absurd to hit. Any strumming over 15 NPS on GH2 is practically unhittable. You need to utmost accuracy and need to rape the timing window perfectly in order to hit this solo. Long story short, Trogdor is widely considered the hardest FC in Guitar Hero 2. I'd suggest going for something else.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:

Yeah, uh, lol. First off all, you have to strum MUCH faster than Misirlou speed. Misirlou's strumming is around 13 notes per second, Trogor's solo is over 17. That, compiled with GH2's very tight strumming engine makes it absurd to hit. Any strumming over 15 NPS on GH2 is practically unhittable. You need to utmost accuracy and need to rape the timing window perfectly in order to hit this solo. Long story short, Trogdor is widely considered the hardest FC in Guitar Hero 2. I'd suggest going for something else.

I know it's the hardest fc in GH2, but I'd like to be able to not miss every other note. =P. The thing is, I was playing the solo a bit the other day, and when I wasn't really paying attention, I hit the yellow part on full speed. I wasn't strumming anywhere near as fast as I was before, and before, I hit about half the notes of the yellow bit, so I assume that I'm overstrumming. I'm trying to figure out how fast to go to not overstrum. Or is this just a strum limit thing screwing me over because I'm on NTSC?
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strum limit will screw you over, but you don't have to strum nearly as fast as you think you do. People say "Oh wow, 17NPS is fast, let me strum as fast as I can" Don't do that. Strum slightly faster than Misirlou and you should at least combo it for a little bit.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
The strum limit will screw you over, but you don't have to strum nearly as fast as you think you do. People say "Oh wow, 17NPS is fast, let me strum as fast as I can" Don't do that. Strum slightly faster than Misirlou and you should at least combo it for a little bit.

Thanks a lot, I'll try this.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gahh! GH2X, how do you hit solo A in You Really Got Me? I can almost never get it in practice mode, let alone a real run.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Gahh! GH2X, how do you hit solo A in You Really Got Me? I can almost never get it in practice mode, let alone a real run.

Well you have two options; one-hand it or tap it.

That's something like how I do it. As far as tapping goes, I would just tap the top () note of each triplet. I mean, I see people that do weird things like 112, but I just don't understand how using two fingers on your right hand could be faster than two on your left hand. Most people that play normal (not on Lefty Flip) have a slower right hand than left hand. But, you know, it's up to you.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PiemanLK"]
MehPlusRawr wrote:

works for me every time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: