ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Very exp'd in Voxtar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Very exp'd in Voxtar Reply with quote

At my college there are only three of us decent enough in my group of friends to play rock band, so I was the lead voxtar and my other friends did drums and bass (on hard though).

So I've got a lot of exp with this. I think I've got about 15 GS runs under my belt on different songs. It's pretty epic. Anyways, my technique.

So, I don't have a mic stand, and am too cheap to buy one, so I stick the microphone down my neck (under my shirt) so that the microphone part is right in front of my mouth. For tamberine parts I just make a lot of noise and it works just fine xD

Any questions feel free to ask

HeavenlyArmed  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice
jtownwhiteboy92  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG, i did the exact same thing with the mic one time and my bro and cousin laughed at me, but i got the vocals 100%(who cares if it was sabotage,lol)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do that too, it works very well until it slides out of the way .

Whitt333  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Very exp'd in Voxtar Reply with quote

IceyDefeat wrote:
At my college there are only three of us decent enough in my group of friends to play rock band, so I was the lead voxtar and my other friends did drums and bass (on hard though).

So I've got a lot of exp with this. I think I've got about 15 GS runs under my belt on different songs. It's pretty epic. Anyways, my technique.

So, I don't have a mic stand, and am too cheap to buy one, so I stick the microphone down my neck (under my shirt) so that the microphone part is right in front of my mouth. For tamberine parts I just make a lot of noise and it works just fine xD

Any questions feel free to ask

Yeah my question is why are you posting this in the Guitar Hero section of the forums? You are only talking about Rock Band. 15 GS... Tamborine parts.

Anyways, voxdrums is what I specialize in

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's posting here because it's relivent. There is no difference in mic holding technique between the two games. And his resume shows that he has something working, because rock band isn't a milie cyrus knock off for kids.

I've tried voxtar before, and found I had a lot of difficulty with the mic. If I tried to tie it to my somehow, like what is mentioned here, it would slip away easily. But at the same time, putting it in a mic stand (or similar construct) has it's own problems. Mainly the distance between the mic and me. There is a certain distance you need between your mouth and the mic to make it work or something..

So what are the best suggestions? personally, I would really like to get some type of headset for this. Are there headsets that work for this? I couldn't use my bluetooth -_-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
He's posting here because it's relivent. There is no difference in mic holding technique between the two games. And his resume shows that he has something working, because rock band isn't a milie cyrus knock off for kids.

I've tried voxtar before, and found I had a lot of difficulty with the mic. If I tried to tie it to my somehow, like what is mentioned here, it would slip away easily. But at the same time, putting it in a mic stand (or similar construct) has it's own problems. Mainly the distance between the mic and me. There is a certain distance you need between your mouth and the mic to make it work or something..

So what are the best suggestions? personally, I would really like to get some type of headset for this. Are there headsets that work for this? I couldn't use my bluetooth -_-

From what I understand you can use an 360 mic with the controller and it works fine. But it wouldn't have the same finese.

CowTipper  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a USB headset so I don't have to worry about holding it.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microphone through your shirt? I never thought of that...I always looped the mic cord over my cieling fan's blades (while it was off, duh), so it hung down right infront of my face. Looks weird, and I did forget and turn on the fan once, but it works, so, whatever...

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
Microphone through your shirt? I never thought of that...I always looped the mic cord over my cieling fan's blades (while it was off, duh), so it hung down right infront of my face. Looks weird, and I did forget and turn on the fan once, but it works, so, whatever...

Not through, it's just being kept on my neck by it. It rests on my chest and chin. Works wonders, except in WT when you've got a drummer <_< It picks it up like no other.

Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it fall off if you move too jerkily? Is that a word?

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
rissx  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 98%(h-vocals) and 99%(x-guitar) on Run To The Hills once. but the girl's parents told her to tell whoever was singing to shut up. it was the second greatest moment of my life. bruce dickinson is my idol. along with eddie vh and mark hoppus
brandonbb13  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same exact thing when I first tried voxtar. Stuck it down my shirt and held the mic..i mean guitar lulz

I just find it hard to concentrate on both, but I only do voxtar if it's a song I know the words too.

My youtube channel, which features On Tour videos, including a Band Hero DS unboxing video!

Subscribe for more videos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from experience, the mic-down-the-shirt method never worked quite so well for me. XD My first attempt at Voxtar ended with me failing I Think I'm Paranoid on Rock Band 1 due to unfamiliarity with the vocal track and losing my mic about mid-song.

If you're interested in doing voxtar regularly, purchase a stand or build a makeshift stand (search for "mic stands" in the Hardware forum). Be mindful that you'll probably need one that you can angle properly and adjust to "sitting height" - you'll wear yourself out standing up doing voxtar for 5-6 hours, trust me.

I hope to see a lot from the GH:WT multitasking community!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
ereber  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceyDefeat wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

From what I understand you can use an 360 mic with the controller and it works fine. But it wouldn't have the same finese.

ive had some trouble with the 360 headset, it seems to not work for singing unless im on xbox live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: