SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drum problems? Download the Drum Tuning Kit from Red Octane
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artso  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
got the cable, it passed the TEST test, I calibrated and saved, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. I bring back up the drum tuner program and is it saying everything is back at 10, or that's just the default setting shown?

It's just the default setting being shown, it does that whenever you start the program again.

zX1337Xz wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with the program? Mine won't even open up because it claims to have an error EVERY time. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling like 3 times. Wtf?

Do you have .net 2.0 installed?

Quote:
In order for the application to run, Windows XP users will need to have .net 2.0 installed. If you don't have this version or later you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
AkureiYJ  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds my kit will need this?
I'm gettin it for christmass on the wii.
And I wanna know the odds of having a bum set.
Tho I plan on getting the serial number sat so I can order the cable
So I can have it ready to go as soon as christmass gets here.
It's not just for me, but for a few youngins, and I know they wouldn't be happy if they had to wait another week to use the drums.
Thankfully the aren't little bastards and haven't fubared the LP at all.
Ope  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had nothing but problems trying to get this drum controller standard tuning kit to work. First off, my TV is in the living room, my computer is in the other end of the house in my room. I had to walk back and forth a few times to even get into the music studio on drums while the drum kit was plugged into my computer. I later moved my xbox into my room with my 2nd TV.

The instructions say two things that don't happen for me:
1. click the TEST button to ensure your device is working. This will trigger
all drum pads in the game and the LED on the USB MIDI Interface will flash.

Neither of these tests work for me.

2. In the Drum Kit Controller Standard Tuning Kit, check that the USB Audio Device is selected and click the TEST button to ensure your device is working.

I don't have this option (to select USB Audio Device in the program), neither did my roomate when we tried it on his computer. I could be wrong about this it was a while ago when I tried to change the sensitivity.

Am I doing this wrong or do I just fail at guitar hero drum tuning?
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: NVM, but the test doesn't work for me. The program makes a noise, but the game doesn't. Everything is plugged in right...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
naco09  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i have a problem here....my xbox 360 pedal doesnt work i dont know why can someone help me here please!!1
Orson  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm getting very frustarated..
So I got the USB-Midi cable yesterday. I've downloaded the Tuning Program and it opens how it should. I've followed the instructions step by step but I'm still having problems with this.

When I plug my WT-Drumkit to computer with my cable, it regonizes it as a some MIDI-Device for a minute, but then it disappears. But when it still says it's plugged in, the Tuning Program doesn't give any option for any USB Device. It only gives me some "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth" even without the drumkit plugged in.

So all help is very much appreciated, what could be the problem, why isn't my comp regonizing the drumkit?
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orson wrote:
Okay, I'm getting very frustarated..
So I got the USB-Midi cable yesterday. I've downloaded the Tuning Program and it opens how it should. I've followed the instructions step by step but I'm still having problems with this.

When I plug my WT-Drumkit to computer with my cable, it regonizes it as a some MIDI-Device for a minute, but then it disappears. But when it still says it's plugged in, the Tuning Program doesn't give any option for any USB Device. It only gives me some "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth" even without the drumkit plugged in.

So all help is very much appreciated, what could be the problem, why isn't my comp regonizing the drumkit?

^ I have the exact same problem, as I've said before.

I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone who is having trouble finding the USB Audio Device Option click HERE for a solution

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone having trouble with their red pads: it is possible that it has nothing to do with the sensitivity.

Put simply, RedOctane did an awful job with the drums. The wires are taped down and given no slack, and are simply attached to the sensors with this gooey white stuff (inb4innuendo). After even a short time of playing, the wire can come loose and stop making contact with the sensor, so you have to open the drums up and solder them. Mine work great now, and I'm waiting for the sensitivity cable cause I actually need to turn them down (>_>)

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
GoldenDragoon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping that this will solve my blue pad sesitivity problem, when I was just learning the ropes so to speak on easy, didn't notice anything. But on medium and above I noticed that it would often drop hits when hitting the green at the same time, I have to use at least twice the force I normaly would and usualy a lot more on the blue to get a blue-green to register the blue hit, which is really annoying as I play very lightly and hearing the loud smack on the blue annoys me.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gyllen Drage Wii Friend Code: 6476075988070029
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program looks cool, and seems very easy to use. Why divide the requirements for Windows XP and Vista? They seem exactly the same to me....

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BooMan555  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this customer support sucks. My wireless guitar receiver dongle thing (you plug into PS3) was broken out of the box. So, three days ago I called and set up a replacement thing. The lady copied down my info wrong and I didn't even get an RMA number or asked for serial key. So I tried again the next day and that all happened and she said I would receive an email the next business day with a shipping label to send in the broken part. It's been two days and no email. It's been 4 days since I requested the MIDI to USB cable and no email or word. Still processing. Ugh.

Stryper's Myspace Here

Can't wait, because the Dragonforce album wasn't good at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: KeenanC
Monstrousity  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine christmas day and it came today. I'm in Uk

Great bit of kit, fixed all my problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the drivers as they wont install themself.. I've even gone through and edited the registry like instructed and I still can't get the damn driver to install.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, every time I try to save my new settings to my drums, they never apply. How do I fix this?

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: