ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Squeeking Strum Bar and GH3-Looking Notes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mageofpie  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Squeeking Strum Bar and GH3-Looking Notes? Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm a PS3 WoR player and I bought the full band kit.

1) - Is this guitar worth keeping? (Should I ask for a new one?)

All of my hardware seems to be flawless, drums work fine, guitar is sensational... except is squeeks. I asked a couple of my friends and they had the problem, but said it went away.

I've put it through a bit of a workout trying to break it in, (Finished the campaign or whatever, on to domination now) but it's still going. Sometimes it squeeks worse then usual, and I can usually drown it out with sound turned up.

2) - Is it possible to change the look of my fretboard and notes coming towards me?

I've watched a few videos on Youtube somewhat Recently (To see what songs were like before I bought the package).

One thing I've noticed is that some people playing WoR (Danny, others) actually look like they have GH3-like notes on their fretboard.

The notes that come towards me are actually quite ugly imo, is there any way to change this to a set of notes that are more aesthetically pleasing?

Cheers.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squeaky guitar is very common so you mine as well stick with it. As for the notes there is note much your can do. Maybe danny's look different because he doesn't use hyperspeed.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open the guitar and put lube onto strumbar & top of the switches. did this to mine last week and its going better than original. the strumming is much more easier than before (even tho the strumming is hella easy on it). you need a T10 torx and a small phillips screwdriver.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on the ugly notes, I got GH5 yesterday and don't like the new notes. But I've played it now for about 10 hours and am hitting them probably better than I hit notes on GH3/4, so I may be a convert
advancedjudas  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I got it , it would squeak . I went away after I played a few songs - rather quickly .
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine on release date (I think) and it still squeaks like a mother to this day.
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use some oil. I did that and no more squeaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: