ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The sheer accuracy of WT vocals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: The sheer accuracy of WT vocals Reply with quote

Hey one time I went to play Eye of the tiger vocals, and turned down everything EXCEPT artist's vocals.

So after that, I put the mic up to the TV and he FAILS THE SONG!! lol

this makes me NOT want to sing

Ad134  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can probably detect if you're doing that :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actualy think the accuracy on GH: WT vocals is pretty good, i can usualy only sing on medium on rockband, and not knowing a decent majority of the songs on GH : WT, i can sing most of them on hard
Faytal  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killerjames1313 wrote:
i actualy think the accuracy on GH: WT vocals is pretty good, i can usualy only sing on medium on rockband, and not knowing a decent majority of the songs on GH : WT, i can sing most of them on hard

i sing expert on RB and can only do medium on WT :x
0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: The sheer accuracy of WT vocals Reply with quote

nickyboy909 wrote:
Hey one time I went to play Eye of the tiger vocals, and turned down everything EXCEPT artist's vocals.

So after that, I put the mic up to the TV and he FAILS THE SONG!! lol

this makes me NOT want to sing

There's still static from the TV's speakers lol

But yeah, WT's vocals are scarily accurate, and you have to make sure the mic won't pick up background noise when you're singing... I actually prefer this to RB because RB does the stupid scoop up to the notes...

Failing, however, is much easier on WT... especially if you're on Expert and you don't know how to sing the songs lol

I still need a GH game >.<
Ellemennt75  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting through medium going mmmmmmmmmm *higher pitch* mmmmmmmm *lower pitch* mmmmmmmm.

Humming works for me.... at least on medium.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ellemennt75
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dislike phrases where there's a series of short words like in The Kill. I continuously break combo at the "Bury me, bury me" phrase since it's not saying I have the right pitch, yet in RB I sing it the same way and I still keep combo, and I FCd this on Expert aside from the broken talky in RB.

Other than that the engine's decent enough, though the lag on my RB1 mic kills my scores as it's not letting me hit short phrases all the time or phrases with lots of words said quickly. At least there aren't any broken talkies. As for Eye of the Tiger, I don't like how they charted the vocals on that song in general. I think they purposely charted it like that to make themselves different from RB. Sorry if this is off-topic since Eye of the Tiger is mentioned here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faytal wrote:
killerjames1313 wrote:

Hard/Medium on RB and Beginner/ Easy on WT It seems to me they require something different to keep a streak, and I'm not sure what that is yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be much more precise than in RB. I can sing on hard/expert on WT, but only medium on RB.... weird right? However the streak depends on the color of the flash after the phrase. If it's yellow or green your steak goes up until 4x. That flash is dependent on the percentage of the words you hit (from my understanding). Kinda like the little circle thingy in RB.

This leads me to another question. Is WT harder that RB, but WT you can keep a streak easier?
5 Star X Guitar/Bass ()
5 Star H Vox ()
CompactDstrxion  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game will have a sort of noise cancelling mechanism that will stop the mic detecting noise from the TV, so you can have the music up loud without interference. This would probably cause putting the mic up to the TV to fail the song. Also you could just cheat that way :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompactDstrxion wrote:
The game will have a sort of noise cancelling mechanism that will stop the mic detecting noise from the TV, so you can have the music up loud without interference. This would probably cause putting the mic up to the TV to fail the song. Also you could just cheat that way :P

I am almost certain that it has a very good noise canceling system. I just played for the first time last night at my fiance's father's house. He has a room, about 10' x 8'-- not too big-- with a projector + 7.1 THX system in it. Even surrounded by speakers turned up to a almost-annoy-the-neighbors level, the ball stays steady when I wasn't singing.
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sing No Rain on expert but I suck at singing in RB. (Best achievement was almost passing Foreplay Longtime on expert :P)
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faytal wrote:
killerjames1313 wrote:

Same with me, I find the vocals on WT to be a lot harder than Rock Band, and a lot of the people that play with me agree.

Last week my family was playing "Livin On A Prayer" On WT and my brother was singing vocals. He was playing on hard I believe and he got like 85%. We were playing RB2 today, and we played the same song. He got 96% on hard vocals for Livin On A Prayer.

I just think WT is much harder too sing, but I'm not much of a vocalist myself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
Faytal wrote:
killerjames1313 wrote:

Same with me, I find the vocals on WT to be a lot harder than Rock Band, and a lot of the people that play with me agree.

Last week my family was playing "Livin On A Prayer" On WT and my brother was singing vocals. He was playing on hard I believe and he got like 85%. We were playing RB2 today, and we played the same song. He got 96% on hard vocals for Livin On A Prayer.

I just think WT is much harder too sing, but I'm not much of a vocalist myself.

Rock band and Guitar Hero have very different ways of determining vocal percents (comparing them doesn't mean anything. It is basically impossible to get 100% (except for No Sleep Till Brooklyn). Just look at the vocal top scores: http://www.scorehero.com/top_scores.php?group=7&game=0&platform=0&size=1&inst=5&tier=4&diff=4&team=0

It would be better to find a song you fail on in one game, and then try it in the other - that would be a better indicator. I haven't played RB vocals myself, so I don't have any idea.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got WT and have played every instrument now including vocals. I've gotten 5* on every song I've played on Medium (granted its in career, so it starts easier) but it seems easier than RB. Rock band vocals, I do Easy and I can only do Medium for songs that I know pretty well (even then, can't figure out the pitch it wants for I Fought The Law)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bclare PSN Name: bclare1729
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: