ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocals Full Combo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCARaven4  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Vocals Full Combo Reply with quote

I'm really new to vocals, still singing on easy, but I was wondering:

How can you call it a vocals Full Combo if it doesn't say 100%? What constitutes a vocals Full Combo that makes it different from a guitar Full Combo?

Georgia Tech Class of 2014!
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In WT, you can keep "combo", aka multiplier, without getting 100% of the words in a given phrase (I believe you only need about 90% of a phrase to keep your multiplier). If someone keeps their multiplier throughout the entire song, they have a full combo, even if their percentage is in the 90s or 80s.
CCARaven4  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
In WT, you can keep "combo", aka multiplier, without getting 100% of the words in a given phrase (I believe you only need about 90% of a phrase to keep your multiplier). If someone keeps their multiplier throughout the entire song, they have a full combo, even if their percentage is in the 90s or 80s.

Ok that's really helpful. That makes sense now. Thanks.

Georgia Tech Class of 2014!
Arkenspork  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this system is so much better than the Rock Band engine. It means that there's going to be a lot more competition for the higher scores on songs, but also means that if you're really good (i.e. your vocal FCs are above the 90% range) then you'll get ranked accordingly. I'm glad Neversoft came up with this new vocals system
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkenspork wrote:
I think that this system is so much better than the Rock Band engine. It means that there's going to be a lot more competition for the higher scores on songs, but also means that if you're really good (i.e. your vocal FCs are above the 90% range) then you'll get ranked accordingly. I'm glad Neversoft came up with this new vocals system

I disagree. Competition is not going to be based on how well your percentage is, if you have an FC, or even how well you sing it.

Competition in vocals = freeform sections. Someone with a 75% on a song without an FC is able to be #1 on the leaderboards with an outstanding freeform section over someone with a 95% FC of the song who did not get the freeform section correctly.
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Arkenspork wrote:

I disagree. Competition is not going to be based on how well your percentage is, if you have an FC, or even how well you sing it.

Competition in vocals = freeform sections. Someone with a 75% on a song without an FC is able to be #1 on the leaderboards with an outstanding freeform section over someone with a 95% FC of the song who did not get the freeform section correctly.

Make like Jack Black and fliggle-giggle.
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:
Make like Jack Black and fliggle-giggle.

This. Absolutely the best advice of the century.

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
think13  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Arkenspork wrote:

This is partly true - but it is also true that people who care enough to get high scores will get the max multiplier on the freeform sections. Many people will get x8 on the About a Girl freeform section - the rest of the song will be what determines the #1 score.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkenspork wrote:

It will also make vocals a lot harder to 100%, but I'm totally with you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Arkenspork wrote:

Interestingly enough, someone who got 90% on a song with perfect Starpower on Guitar can be above someone who FC'd it with no planned path at all. It's basically just a second professional factor that awards an informed competitor more points.

I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkenspork wrote:

I looooove the system (more than Rock band), just not the execution of it. I think it seems really strict and almost random as to when I break combo... but yeah, a little more development and I think it's a great system. You can get an FC without being perfect, but the highest scores will most likely reward the most "perfect" players.
Loncaros  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
sburymadness wrote:
Arkenspork wrote:

Interestingly enough, someone who got 90% on a song with perfect Starpower on Guitar can be above someone who FC'd it with no planned path at all. It's basically just a second professional factor that awards an informed competitor more points.

I like it.

I think 90% is really pushing it. You're pretty much bound to fail at some point if you also want to have a solid streak for that optimal star power use.
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like was posted before, it's going to be down to the freeform sections. They're kinda broken and full of points.
And I know RB has "Good", "Messy" messages for each phrase you hit and I thought that GHWT didn't, but it does. Your fireball flashes a color after every phrase that tells how well you did and it determines your multiplier and how much SP you get.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:

I like it.

Freeforms that can contribute more points than the entire song combined are good?
Absolutly no indications of missing a note when going for a 100% is good?

At the very least, give some sort of pie indicator like RB has to inform when you miss by a shard or by a lot. 90% of high scoring on this engine is hidden to the user while singing. You miss a note and no indications are given, and by contrast, you miss a note on the other 3 parts and a big indication is given.

WT's system for a party setting is a step up from RB's as far as keeping multipliers go. High Score wise, its a big step back. With no indications of where your missing 1-2% when going for 100%, its as if every phrase is a broken talkie without a pie to go by.

Dazza666  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been curious about the vocals since I bought the game a few months ago, and even though I'm getting better and can 5* a few on expert (Stillborn, Rebel Yell), I have one question that's bugging me..

Is it actually possible to 100% a vocals song? With humming or not, is it possible to have it say 100% on any difficulty?

I've tried some on beginner just to find out and it always says about 98%.

I know 100%ing isn't the major thing like the multiplier is, but I just want to know if you CAN 100% them, and if there's any proof of it.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: