ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocals Full Combo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazza666 wrote:
I've been curious about the vocals since I bought the game a few months ago, and even though I'm getting better and can 5* a few on expert (Stillborn, Rebel Yell), I have one question that's bugging me..

Is it actually possible to 100% a vocals song? With humming or not, is it possible to have it say 100% on any difficulty?

I've tried some on beginner just to find out and it always says about 98%.

I know 100%ing isn't the major thing like the multiplier is, but I just want to know if you CAN 100% them, and if there's any proof of it.

Thanks.

The only song that can be 100% as of yet on expert is No Sleep Till Brooklyn, because the whole song is talkies, so it just requires you to be making a noise for the entirety of the song (or at least, when there are words >__>) and it will give you 100%. It should be possible on everything on Beginner since every song is all talkies.

(Talkies are when the pitch line is red, not blue)

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
EEric  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's been a lot of speculation as to if Pretty Vacant is able to be 100%'d too, since that's nearly all talkies with a few phrases where, with the right slide, you can score 100%.
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazza666 wrote:
I've been curious about the vocals since I bought the game a few months ago, and even though I'm getting better and can 5* a few on expert (Stillborn, Rebel Yell), I have one question that's bugging me..

Is it actually possible to 100% a vocals song? With humming or not, is it possible to have it say 100% on any difficulty?

I've tried some on beginner just to find out and it always says about 98%.

I know 100%ing isn't the major thing like the multiplier is, but I just want to know if you CAN 100% them, and if there's any proof of it.

Thanks.

Go onto beginner, and hold the microphone up to a fan or heater through the duration of the whole song, and it'll 100 percent it for you. Of course, you won't want to actually submit the score, but it'll give you the proof you're looking for.
As for harder difficulties, you have to keep the comet perfectly within the blue lines for the entire duration of the song. You can't ever start a phrase late or end a phrase early, even down to a millionth of a second. So in terms of feasibility of a true vocal FC, I've always explained it like this: A 100% on vocals is kinda like an NBA team going 82-0. Technically it's possible, but if Michael Jordan's Bulls can't do it, you sure as hell can't either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sure I kept my multiplier all the way on The Day That Never Comes and The Unforgiven III (Forgive meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on pitch = points) on medium, but it only gave me a rating of 91% or so.
Funny that such scores can be considered FC.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I did 100% in No Sleep Till Brooklyn on exp, in band mode.
It is not that amazing, as I just talked the whole time, but it is just funny xDD I always made 99% in that one.
I don't know if it's possible to 100% some other song. Up to now I don't think so...
RobinSahlen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still curious about getting 100 % on a song, take "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" for example. Is it enough if you get the major of all phrases to a 100%, like 26 of 50 phrases right, or do you actually need to get 100 % on ALL parts in the song?
Wolfycat  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure you have to really fill in the 100% of all and every of the words in each phrase of the song.
Here you have the snap:

I will try to repeat it in career mode, just 'cause it would be nice seeing gold stars at least in one song xDD
gailotto  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: 100 Percent Reply with quote

I haven't seen any proof of 100% yet... Seen people try by putting it on beginner, and putting it next to a fan or constant noise, and it somehow finds a way to deduct percentages... Was a downer at first, cause there's nothing more rewarding than getting that "100%", but in my opinion, I think aiming for that in GHWT is setting yourself up for heartache.

It was said that NSTB was the only song that you could get 100% on, but I'm not even sure I've seen proof of that anywhere either... It is one of the highest scoring songs cause of the freeforms though.

Otto
gailotto  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholly crap wolfy... I guess I stand corrected. Heard a lot about the 100% in NSTB but never actually seen it.
davehx  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that GH:M works differently then as I just played Blood And Thunder on Medium and got 100%, I'm sure i missed parts of words
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davehx wrote:
I assume that GH:M works differently then as I just played Blood And Thunder on Medium and got 100%, I'm sure i missed parts of words

IIRC GH:M works much like rock band, where it rates on pitches, but not on specific words. So on an all-talky song like blood and thunder, 100% should be easy.
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a 100% synonymous with an FC on GH:M vocals? Like, it's impossible to have one without the other.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in GH:M now.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
themoron112  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: 100 Percent Reply with quote

gailotto wrote:
I haven't seen any proof of 100% yet... Seen people try by putting it on beginner, and putting it next to a fan or constant noise, and it somehow finds a way to deduct percentages... Was a downer at first, cause there's nothing more rewarding than getting that "100%", but in my opinion, I think aiming for that in GHWT is setting yourself up for heartache.

It was said that NSTB was the only song that you could get 100% on, but I'm not even sure I've seen proof of that anywhere either... It is one of the highest scoring songs cause of the freeforms though.

Otto

[quote="BOYOBOYY"][quote]

THIS IS NOT ME I JUST WANT TO MAKE THAT CLEAR! Ya, someone got 100% on electro rock, and I think someone else is going for Pretty Vacant. One or two more songs might be 100%'d in the future, but I doubt any but these will be FC'd for now

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 100 Percent Reply with quote

gailotto wrote:

Otto

Actually it's quite easy to get a 100% on NSTB, I got it on medium, and then tried it on hard and expert too, since it's no struggle at all.

All you have to do is go "laaaaaaaaaa" or whatever through the talkie parts, without ever leaving a break anywhere, so you just need to coordinate your breath intakes otherwise you run out of breath.

Never got 100% on any other song in WT, just some with a 99%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: