ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ihatebarracuda: Streaming now (not anymore)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: ihatebarracuda: Streaming now (not anymore) Reply with quote

Not live: https://www.twitch.tv/ihatebarracuda

ihatebarracuda's accomplishments thread

Photobucket-gate Status

Reupload all photos to another site....done
Re-enter GH1 scores...in process

Quest For XGuitar FSFC

Canonical Series Status = 643/660 = 97.42%
O211 = 202/211 = 95.73%
Xbox Exclusives = 10/10 = 100.00%
Band Hero = 65/65 = 100.00%
Guitar Hero: Live = 42/42 = 100.00%

The songs listed under each game are the FCs that I still need. Songs in gray have been tech FCed.

Sections I haven't tech FCed:

(GH1) Bark At The Moon - solo
(GH80s) Ballroom Blitz - Solo 1B
(GH3) One - Fast Solo A
(GH3) TTFAF - Bridge 1, Twin Solo, So Far Away 3
(GHWT) Satch Boogie - Solo D
(GHM) One - Fast Solo A
(GHSH) TTFAF - Shred to Glory B
(GHVH) I'm The One - Solo 2A
(GHWoR) Black Widow - Bunch of stuff
(GHWoR) Chemical Warfare - Solo 1A
(GHWoR) Fury Of The Storm - Bunch of stuff

Other crap I might do at some point, these are borderline on whether or not I actually care enough:

--Re-FC Holiday in Cambodia, lost the FC pic somehow. I'll definitely do this if I get a GH3 FGFC (yeah right), but for now it's low priority. Edit: done. I noticed my score on this song was really bad anyway and decided to just get this out of the way.

--Re-FC another GH3 song I'm missing a pic for, can't remember which one. I just remember it's something easy, thankfully. Edit: it's Rock You Like A Hurricane. Little bit harder song than I remembered, but still easy enough. I'll do this soon.

--Re-FC Raining Blood (GH3) to get gold stars on set list (my first and only FC was in PFO, so setlist didn't get the stars). Again, not planning on torturing myself with this unless I miraculously get an FGFC. My setlists on GH1 thru GH80s are so messed up anyway due to losing a memory card and the mish-mash of PS2/360 FC's on GH2. I do kind of care about the GH3 setlist though, and all of the games after that I have all of my FC's on the setlist.

--Re-FC some songs I got particularly bad scores on. My scores are never good anyway, but I at least try to activate "around" the right time. Usually I'm 3-10k below first. There are probably a good number of songs where I messed up the path and did even worse, I'd like to redo those. I'm not going to re-FC anything too hard just to get a better score though. Ultimately I don't really care about score.

Latest Updates

1/9/2017

Alright! Guitar Hero: Live FGFC! That happened quick. I had a few rough patches with a faulty controller and the game freezing during FCs, but overall it wasn't bad at all. This was somehow both harder and easier than I expected. It was harder in that almost every song posed some kind of challenge or was annoying in some way. Definitely not as many snooze-fest songs as the original games. On the other hand, I thought it would take me a lot longer to adjust to the new controller. When I first tried songs on Expert I was just like, "Uhm, ok, this isn't going to be as easy as I thought." But that changed really quickly.

I think I would have gotten the FGFC even sooner if my controller wasn't messed up. It seemed like I had A LOT of "dumb" misses while going for some of the easier FCs, and I suspect many of them were due to the controller, before I realized something was wrong with it. Mysteriously, after I fixed it, I got 8 of the hardest FC's in the game in one day.

Love Bites was definitely the hardest song for me, much harder than TYMD. Been Away Too Long was also unnecessarily painful for some reason, even though it really shouldn't have been. My brain could not comprehend that B3-B2-B1,W3-B2-B1, B3-B2-B1 pattern. I had to actually memorize the chart and stare at my fretting hand for this part, ignoring the screen. Nothing else was really that problematic, I got almost all of the other FCs the same day I started seriously trying them.

So. I guess it's back to the misery of the older games. 643/660 and counting. I think it's time to fix my Jordan Solo F choke. Expect me to put some serious effort into that. And if it happens I'll get my PAL on and take a serious swipe at BatH and Trogdor.

12/26/2016

Wow, it doesn't seem like it's been over a year since my last update. Welp. I'm still alive. I put GH:Live on my Christmas list and received it, so I'm going to be working on that. I had never played it as of yesterday, so of course I'm still adjusting to the new controller layout. Expert is much more difficult than I anticipated. I'm doing pretty good on single notes, but chords just destroy me. Also, I never really played Bass in the original GH's, so the open notes are kind of messing me up too.

Anyway, judging by how many people have FGFC'ed this thing I don't expect anything less than an FGFC for this game once I get adjusted. I got my first FC today. Easiest song in the game, but hey it's something. I'm not going to bother updating my stats and stuff above for GH:Live as I don't really care about it and expect to get the FGFC fairly quickly. I'm really only playing it to reclaim my ranking in Arvain's FC rivalry.

After I'm done with this game I'll probably concentrate on BaTH, Trogdor, and Jordan. I really want to FGFC GH2, and since I've already choked on Jordan Solo F I know I can do it.

6/27/2015

Why?

6/20/2015

Not really worth bumping the thread for, but I got the Trogdor tech FC last night. Went over to my friend's (who has the only TV I've been able to find that will actually display in PAL mode semi-decently) and grinded on the strumming in practice mode. It took me about 2 hours, but I finally hit it. This section is MUCH harder than I had anticipated. Even FCing into the orange streak is extremely difficult, although I managed to do that 10+ times. After the tech FC I tried the song for about half an hour, but couldn't get lucky.

I am surprised at how slowly you have to strum this section to FC it. I was getting nowhere strumming at what seemed the correct speed. All of the times I kept decent combos, and including the time I FCed it, it seemed like I strummed quite slowly. I mean it's still fast, but nowhere near what you would expect. I hit the last note very very late when I FCed it, I kept watching notes go past the bottom of the screen and couldn't believe my combo wasn't breaking.

Anyway, I don't know when I'll be able to try again as I am pretty much at my friend's mercy for using his TV, and I don't want to wear out my welcome grinding Trogdor at his house for 2-3 hours every day. This is definitely going down eventually though.

6/14/2015

So the roll I've been on for about a month seems to have ended for now. It looks like it's going to be a while before a new FC happens:

--Beast and the Harlot isn't happening any time soon. I've spent hours and haven't even hit it once. I've come close a couple times by using the hammer-ons and doing a quick down-up after each one, but that only works like once a day and I always miss at the very end of the strumming if I combo that far.

--I've worked on GR2R and Fire It Up a little bit, but seem to have lost my touch with them. I hit the intro trips in GR2R like 1/20 times now, and haven't FCed the solo in forever, so that's a no go. For Fire It Up I can't seem to hit solo 1 any more, lol. I've gotten some pretty good streaks on Solo 2, but yeah it isn't worth the risk of missing Solo 1 and then hitting Solo 2 at this point.

--Trogdor. I've had Swap Magic for a while, but on all my TVs when I switch to PAL the display is either messed up, or it looks fine but there is huge unplayable lag. One of my friends was good enough to let me try some of his TVs, and I finally found one that works. I messed around with Trogdor for a bit but it didn't look promising. I can't keep a streak at all in the strumming. It might be doable eventually, but I can't just go to my friend's house whenever I feel like to grind Trogdor for hours on end. Maybe he'll let me borrow his TV for a while and then I can work on it. Anyway, people seem to think it's harder than BatH, so if that's true it won't be any time soon either.

--Sudden Death. I can hit everything intermittently now, but doing it all together is out of reach at the moment.

Those being the most realistic FCs left, I decided to see where I was at on some of the "insane" songs. Popped in GHM for a bit and tried One. I FCed FSA on Slow, and kept some pretty good combos on Full Speed, but couldn't quite get the tech FC. Popped in GHSH and failed spectacularly at TTFAF.

Then, I popped in GH2 and decided to work on Jordan for a bit. I didn't really expect anything to happen, but thought I would just start laying the groundwork so that I have a starting point when it comes time to try to FC it.

I came up with a tapping method and FCed Solo B through C on Slowest. Then I bumped it up to Slower and FCed that fairly easily. Then I bumped it up to Slow, and after about an hour I FCed that. Then I bumped it up to Full Speed, and after hundreds of attempts managed to FC Solo B. A little bit later I got the Solo C Full Speed FC. So that's the Jordan tech FC! Pretty incredible, I really didn't think the tech FC would come that fast.

There's really no chance in hell of FCing the song at this moment, I doubt I can even hit Solo B and C together in practice mode. But it makes it seem attainable at least. I've crossed this song off my "I will probably never FC this" list.

5/31/2015

Thank god, it's finally done. This was another overdue FC. I got the tech FC back in October, and am fairly consistent at both hard parts (Speeding Riff 5 and Holding the Lead, for me). I just could NOT hit Speeding Riff 5 in an actual run. I would miss it, go into practice, hit it 3 times in a row, play the real song, miss it, repeat. And every time I missed before it I would hit it. Really frustrating. Then, today, I finally hit it in a real run, amazingly didn't choke on Holding the Lead, and then choked in Speeding Riff 7. Yes, Speeding Riff 7. Fuck this game.

Anyway, thankfully I got the FC about an hour later, after the 2nd time FCing past Speeding Riff 5 in a real run. That's 89/93 for WoR, so I will be done with this game until I get GR2R, BatH, Trogdor, and maybe FiU. 643/660 overall!

5/17/2015

Wowwwwwwww. This song can blow me. I had a total of ELEVEN Solo 9 chokes, seven of which happened today. Absolutely ridiculous, I am consistent at that section in practice mode. Fortunately none of them were during the orange streak or afterward, I think I would have gone ballistic. Here's a video of the worst one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9dfVbetuM. (You might want to turn the volume down at Solo 9, lol). Unfortunately I didn't get the FC run on video.

The chokes were really frustrating, because before today it was very difficult for me to even get to Solo 9 without missing. I would always miss either 4B, 5, or 7. All of the sudden today shortly after the above video was filmed, my consistency went through the roof, and I was getting to Solo 9 on pretty much every run. After four in a row chokes, I finally hit it and got the FC. I am so relieved to have this song done.

Anyway, that's 642/660 and 202/211. The most likely candidate for my next FC is Speeding. I need to get just a little more consistent at either Holding the Lead or Speeding Riff 5 and I should be able to get it.

5/9/2015

Good. God. That was so painful. I should have FCed this song the day I FCed Spanish Fly five months ago. Little did I know what was in store for me. Endless grinding only to constantly miss Speed Picking of Doom. I am very consistent at the triplets, I should have gotten this FC the first or second time I hit Speed Picking. Instead, I ended up hitting it at LEAST 20 times, only to choke EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. This was sooooo frustrating, words cannot even describe. Anyway, it's finally over.

Score sucks, I don't care. BiM is still my best FC ever. Hangar 18 is probably next. Don't know when as I my fingers refuse to hit Solo 9 on the rare occasions that I FC up to it.

5/5/2015

wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtftwftwtf

I've hit it once in practice. Somehow I choked the final trill yesterday, and FCed it today. This is definitely my best FC. This beats Raining Blood.
Major nervousness after hitting the solo, I am very surprised I didn't miss.

This is 640/660! It's also 201/211.

ihatebarracuda wrote:
So that's the big 630/660! Man, getting from 620 to 630 was insanely hard, I doubt I'll ever hit 640. But I said that about every other milestone too, so who knows.

650 is impossible.

I have a few left I know I can get: Hangar 18, GR2R, Fire It Up, Eruption, Speeding. That's about it I think. Hangar 18 is the closest, I've missed in Solo 9 about 3 times in the last 3 days.

10/26/2014

Woohoo, Decontrol FC! I actually got this late last night and didn't upload it until this morning. Man, this took forever. I got it on my third try last night, but it was about 9,282,387,345,984 tries overall. I've been grinding this thing off and on for months now. Out of all those tries, I'd only hit the strumming about 3 times, and missed the sweeps afterward every time. This was the first time I hit the strumming and sweeps together, so no reverse chokes or post-sweep chokes, thank god. I don't think I've ever been that nervous after hitting a section, I nearly missed at the end. My fingers just froze up, but somehow I did it.

Also, this is #200/211!

GR2R is possible, I've FCed past the solo once. I also have a 100% OS of Fire It Up, where I overstrummed the very last note of the hard part. But I'll probably work on something easier before I tackle those. I'm close on Eruption. Hangar 18 could also be next.

10/25/2014

So I've been working on Eruption pretty hard lately. I've finally learned how to tap the triplets, and if I could FC the strumming even 1/10 times I would have the FC by now. Anyway, today, I decided to practice Spanish Fly a little bit since it is pretty similar. I spent an hour or two practicing the transitions, and then started doing real runs. After about half an hour, boom, FC. Pretty random as i hadn't really spent much time on it. I've been robbed of so many FCs in the last 6 months that I don't even care that I didn't really "deserve" this one. Hopefully Eruption is next.

10/9/2014

Dyer's Eve FC, finally. This was very overdue. It seems like I've been saying "Dyer's Eve next?" at the end of every update forever. This was pretty painful. I hit Solo D often enough in practice mode, but it seemed impossible to actually hit it in the real song. I finally figured out I was actually alt-tapping too fast somehow, and when I started slowing it down I started to FC the section a lot more consistently.

I also had a ridiculous run where I thought I had FCed the song, but the stats screen said 99% at the end. Apparently, I missed in Solo C. I didn't see my rock meter drop, but ok. Luckily, I got the FC within about 30 minutes after that, and didn't choke after Solo D the second time either.

So, that's another FGFC-1. I've now FCed all the songs on Xbox that I was working on before it broke, so I have a choice to make. Go back to grinding Decontrol, H18, and Because It's Midnite, or try to learn something new on Xbox, possibly Eruption/Spanish Fly or Speeding. Not sure what I'll do...

10/5/2014

Wow. After not getting any FCs for 6+ months, I've gotten 2 in the last 2 days. This just illustrates the power of taking a break. I worked on both Play With Me and This Day We Fight FOREVER before my Xbox broke. I wasn't able to play them for a few months, and then, bam -- as soon as I get my Xbox working again I FC both of them within a matter of days. I'm telling you guys, if you're truly stuck on a song sometimes the best thing to do is just walk away from it for a couple months.

Anyway, This Day We Fight FC! This song has been painful in the past, but it wasn't too bad today, which is the first time I've worked on it in months. Got it in less than 10 tries. I was MUCH more consistent at the main riff and Solo 1 than I have been before, so I was FCing up to Solo 2 pretty much every time. Hit Solo 2 once and then choked in the reverse version of the main riff right after. Hit it again a few runs later and got the FC! Thankfully no chokes in the last solo.

I did the SP path from memory since I wasn't really expecting to get the FC, and my memory turned out to be not so good. But as usual, I don't care, I'm just happy to have the FC. That's 88/93 WoR and 636/660 series. Speeding is the only song left in WoR aside from the final impossible 4. Although Sudden Death doesn't really seem that impossible to me. I think I could eventually FC it, but I have easier stuff to work on so it won't be any time soon. For what seems like the 100th time I'm saying this, Dyer's Eve next? It's really overdue now but I still struggle with Solo D.

10/4/2014

This was beyond painful. I just got my Xbox 360 back from being repaired yesterday. Played some stuff for fun and then popped in SH to try Play With Me. It was the usual bullshit, missing Let's Play and Chorus 3A over and over and over. But it felt like I was closer than I was a few months ago before my Xbox broke.

I kept grinding today and ended up having what is probably my worst choke ever. After about 50 runs I finally got past Chorus 3A for the first time, and then proceeded to choke in Outro B, about .0001 seconds before the end of the song. I threw one of my normal temper tantrums, decided to try a little bit more and miraculously got it on my first try after the choke. This song is so annoying. Anyway, 47/48 for SH, so I'm done with this game for a long time. 635/660 overall. Hopefully this will end the plateau I've been on for the last 6 months. Dyer's Eve next?

9/14/2014

Hey guys. Just a little update to show I'm still alive. It's been about 7 months since I've FCed a new song, so I guess I'm on a little bit of a plateau right now. However, some pretty cool stuff has happened, I just haven't been able to turn any of it into an actual FC yet.

First, and probably most amazingly, I managed to FC the entire solo of Because It's Midnite on full speed. I had hit all the sections separately before, but never all together on full speed. Of course, it was in practice mode, so no FC. After that I took a serious swipe at trying to grind the song out, but it just didn't happen. There were probably at least five times I made it to Solo D, but that is the least consistent part for me and I couldn't manage to eek it out. I decided to take a little break from it for now, as that usually makes it easier when I come back. I feel that this FC is definitely possible now.

Second, I finally managed to hit the strumming in Decontrol. I am usually pretty consistent at the sweeps afterward, but of course I missed them the first time I hit the strumming. Again, I grinded, and again I couldn't make it happen. It takes me hours to hit the strumming even once, and then when I do the game decides that is the time I'm going to miss the sweeps. So no FC there either for now.

Last but not least, I've been working on Hangar 18 pretty hard for about a week now. I've gotten to where I can hit Solo 4B pretty reliably, which was the biggest obstacle for me. I'm expecting this FC to fall soon. Yesterday, there were two runs where I missed in Solo 7 due to nerves. I think I've done that enough times now that getting that far doesn't make me nervous anymore. A little bit later, I had a Solo 9 choke. Really, I'm not even that mad about it. This happens to me all the time and I've come to realize it's just part of my FC process. It SHOULD mean that the FC is coming soon. If it does, that will be the big 200/211.

That's pretty much it. My Xbox is broken so I haven't been able to work on PWM, Dyer's Eve, or some of the other songs I should be able to get. I sent it in to have it repaired, but it will probably be a while before I get it back.

2/16/2014 Part 2

ROFL. After FCing Ties That Bind this morning (see below), I popped GH2 back in just to mess around, tried for Misirlou for a while and finally, finally, finally, finally got it. This song. Oh my god, this song. This song has been my nemesis since the day I started playing Guitar Hero.

Way back in the day I swore that even five-starring it was impossible. Then I five starred it. Then I swore that getting any kind of respectable streak on it was impossible. Then I did that. Then I swore that the guitar breaks were impossible. Then I switched to PS2 and FCed them. Then I swore that FCing the whole thing was impossible. And today I FCed it. It's finally over. I'm never playing this song again.

2/16/2014

Wow, I didn't realize it had been over 2 months since I got my last FC. I very, very randomly hit the strumming in Ties That Bind last night in practice mode. I started doing real runs after that and came really close to getting it a couple times. Finally got it this morning after about 15 tries. This FC wasn't even on my radar two days ago. Now I think it's kind of overrated. For me the trick was just doing everything early. Start strumming early, do the fret changes early, transition into the HO/POs early, etc. Once I started doing that I was getting -1's pretty much every time. Thankfully I didn't choke after the first time hitting the strumming in a real run. 633/660!

In other news, I've made some pretty significant progress in both Get Ready 2 Rokk and Dyer's Eve. GR2R I finally got consistent enough at the intro to go for the FC, and I've come very close to hitting the entire solo a few times. In Dyer's Eve, I was having trouble with both the triplets and that purple solo before them. I found a really consistent way of hitting those purples, so now I actually might be able to grind it until I get lucky on the triplets, which I have hit quite a few times in practice. Hopefully one of those two songs will be going soon.

12/15/2013

Whew. After three reverse chokes, a post-solo choke, and a 100% overstrum, it's finally done. Cowboys From Hell GH1X FC! That's 43/47 GH1 and 632/660 overall.

I have a 100% OS on Fire It Up but I don't really feel like fixing it right now, I'm kind of mentally spent on GH1. Texas Flood, Frankenstein, and CfH all tortured me pretty badly, I can't handle another GH1 song right now.

Realistic FCs left at the moment:

Play With Me (GH:SH)
Dyer's Eve (GHM)
Fire It Up (GH1)
This Day We Fight (GHWoR)

These could go any time. There's probably more I can get but they will take a lot of practice and won't be happening any time soon.

12/7/2013

Finally got Frankenstein, long overdue. After 4 outro chokes, I owe this one to Jellu and Undead who gave me the tip to think of the end strumming as being twice as fast as the preceding chords. That worked really well and I FCed the song the next time I hit the trill.

For the trill, I had a little bit of success one day tapping it, but I couldn't get it to work again. Today I tried just one handing it using 12 for the whole thing and downstrumming the transitions, and it worked beautifully.

The score is really terrible as I overwrote one of the SP phrases from whammying too much and then proceeded to completely botch the path after that.

GH1 42/47 and overall 631/660!

Not sure what's next. I might try Cowboys for a while and then move on to a different game, as I think I'm maxed out on GH1 for now. Dyer's Eve and Play With Me SH are within reach and overdue.

12/4/2013

My god. I never thought in a million years that I would FC this song. I'm pretty much speechless right now. After 100%ing it more than 10 times, I finally FCed Texas Flood. I am SO glad I didn't have any post-solo chokes. This is 41/47 GH1 FCs, about 11 more than I ever thought I could get.

So that's the big 630/660! Man, getting from 620 to 630 was insanely hard, I doubt I'll ever hit 640. But I said that about every other milestone too, so who knows.

Frankenstein is close, I've choked the outro 4 times now. I've tech FCed Cowboys but the whole song FC seems out of reach at the moment. I'm just happy I finally got Texas. I think I might take a small break for a week or so, as this was incredibly frustrating.

11/17/2013

Hoo boy, this one was a chore and a half. Last time I was playing, I was on a pretty good streak, getting a new FC at least once a week. I managed to carry myself from less than 500/660 all the way up to 627/660. The most realistic choices to go for next were Symphony of Destruction in GH1, Misirlou in GH2, Play With Me in 80s, Dyer's Eve in GHM, and This Day We Fight in WoR. All of the sudden, I hit a massive roadblock. I couldn't FC any of those songs after weeks and weeks of trying, and it didn't feel like I was getting any better at them. I eventually gave up and ended up taking a break for a few months.

I started playing again about a week ago just for fun, but of course the need to get new FCs started kicking in. Well, I'm happy to say I finally managed to add a new FC to the list:

The run before this, I thought I had gotten the FC. The end screen said 100%, but the note streak was only 427. I went to upload the "FC" to scorehero and noticed everyone else had a note streak of 681. I was sure I hadn't missed, and I assumed I had gotten that weird glitch where you really missed but you don't lose your multiplier. I literally just dropped to the floor in despair and laid there for a few minutes.

Eventually, I got back up and tried one more time, only half-consciously. Somehow, I managed to get the real FC on that first try. 628/660!

Edit:

Rofl, when it rains it pours I guess. Just popped in 80s and FCed Play With Me within 5 tries. That's 629/630. Dyer's Eve or This Day We Fight are probably next.

7/14/2013

The power of the long break strikes again. I don't think I've played GH3 in over a year, and I was maxed out to the max on the FCs I could get last time I played it. I popped it in yesterday to work on some of the un-coop FCed songs with nuno, and was able to beat my high scores on just about every Dragonforce song in 1-2 tries. Then I found I was good enough at FtLoG to actually grind for the FC and managed to get it today after a -1 choke in Post-Insanity and a 100% overstrum in FSA.

I've been so caught up in the FSFC goal lately that I forgot that my original reason for playing the other games was to get better at GH3. This is my favorite game in the series, it feels good to finally get another FC. I might go for Tom Morello, I've 100% overstrummed that so many times I lost track. Everything else still seems as far away as it always has...

7/8/2013

Wow. I literally got this on my first try after getting the tech FC. Thanks to Mr.Sci for his Verse 2 method and elScarecrow for his Solo A method, I found both in an old thread and was able to FC these tough sections really quickly. That makes 44/47 VH and 627/660 series. Not sure what's next.

7/7/2013

Still had Smash Hits in the console from yesterday, so decided to work on Psychobilly Freakout a little bit. I always had trouble with the but I discovered a trick that allowed me to FC it pretty much every time. Seriously, if anyone has trouble with this part, try this:

Instead of strumming it straight 1-2-3-4, strum every set of two chords AS FAST AS POSSIBLE with a gap between each one. This gives you more time to change frets in between strums, and the timing window is wide enough that being off rhythm won't make you miss. Switch back to regular strumming when it changes to sets of four chords. It feels weird and unreliable, but I've never missed doing this. After discovering this, I FCed the song in like 10 minutes.

7/6/2013 Part 2

Popped in VH again just for fun, and managed to FC Hot For Teacher within a few tries. This is way easier after doing the WT version. I bet I could FC this like every fourth or fifth run now. The score is bad, as I was afraid to activate at the correct spot in the middle of the strumming. I'll redo it when I care, which will likely be never.

That's 43/47 VH and 624/660 series. I've now FCed 90% or more of every game in the series except GH1.

Edit: Also popped in SH for a bit and FCed Raining Blood. 45/48 GHSH and 625/660 series! Not much to say, this seemed like cake after my epic struggle with the GH3 version. I knew I could get it quickly, I just never really sat down and did it until now.

7/6/2013 Part 1

Yay, Disposable Heroes FC! This took a little bit longer than it should have. Solo B was the only trouble part. I was hitting it like 50/50 in practice, but every time I hit it in the real song I would miss Solo A or something else stupid. Then I got REALLY consistent at Solo B, but as usual, magically lost my consistency at another section as soon as that happened (Solo A).

Anyway, I finally hit both in a real run and, in spite of my luck lately, got the FC the first time I did. That's 47/49 for Metallica, and 623/660 overall. I think I'll save Dyer's Eve for later as I have some easier stuff left in the other games. Play With Me (80s) and Raining Blood (SH) are in my sights now. Over in VH, YRGM and HFT are also real-real-soon possibilities.

7/4/2013

I FCed War Ensemble.

As usual, after getting a few FCs pretty painlessly, the next song decided to endlessly torture me. I had a lot of ridiculous chokes on this one.

First of all, the intro can die. I just couldn't get consistent at it. I would go through periods where I could hit it over and over and over, and then I would go through periods where I couldn't FC it even once in over an hour of trying. It just alternated like that for 3 days of painful grinding.

Second of all, Solo 2B can also die. I've never once had a problem with this section on a non-FC run. I think I've missed it like once or twice, ever. But I missed it the first five times I ever FCed up to that point. Then all of the sudden I lost my consistency at it, and it started to become a real problem. Then I got it back to being semi-consistent, but I swear I would only hit it if I missed Solo 2A. lfJFDLKSJFL:KDSJ:LKFDSJL:KFJDS:LKJFL:SD

Finally, I FCed past Solo 2B, and then I missed in the final repeat of the intro riff -- my hand slipped off the strummer. Thankfully, I FCed the song within like 3 tries after that, but good god almighty was that frustrating.

If I can get a little bit better luck, Disposable Heroes should be going soon.

6/30/2013

Man, this stuff always comes in waves. I can't get anything at all for a week, and then all of the sudden it's bam bam bam. All Nightmare Long FC! Third try of the day after having not played the song in months. Disposable Heroes is the only song left in Metallica that seems somewhat doable, so I'll give that the old college try before I clean up a few stragglers in SH and VH. After that I'm gonna be pretty well screwed with only extremely difficult stuff left.

6/30/2013

Annnnnnnd that's the big 620/660. Just FCed Fight Fire With Fire. First try of the day too. I knew I would get it as soon as I got even a little bit of consistency with That Burning Riff.

All Nightmare Long is up next, I've been avoiding it for a long time since it's such a pain in the ass, but I really don't think I have anything easier left except maybe YRGM in VH. Long and annoying > Short and really hard. Anyway, I did a little practice today and I'm pretty consistent at the hard parts of the solos, so it's just a matter of doing it all at once now.

I'm extremely consistent at everything but the triplets in Disposable Heroes, so that might fall soon as well.

Last edited by ihatebarracuda on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 am; edited 314 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you got some AMAZING stuff!

FC NFMH, it's not that tough, if you get the last solo down, you can do it. Especially if you can FC CoP :P.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
TheRecorder  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, why nobody see your thread?
Awesome FC's and Acc.'s!
Do you think that you can FC SWTA?

Moved to jellyalv. Visit him!
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
Man, you got some AMAZING stuff!

FC NFMH, it's not that tough, if you get the last solo down, you can do it. Especially if you can FC CoP :P.

I've FCed every part of the song 20+ times but I just can't seem to do it all in a real run. I just end up missing in a different spot every time. Plus, I hate the song, so I probably won't be going after that one for a while. I'm much closer to the NotB and TWIE FCs, and maybe even Raining Blood.

TheRecorder wrote:
Hey, why nobody see your thread?
Awesome FC's and Acc.'s!
Do you think that you can FC SWTA?

Well I probably won't get the FC any time soon but it's definitely a future possibility. I can hit Solo 1A pretty consistently. I almost always miss in Solo 1C though, I need to practice that part. I've only FCed Solo 2D a few times. Right now the probability of me hitting those 3 parts in a single run and not choking anywhere else is pretty low. But after today I don't feel like the FC is unattainable anymore. It'll just take some work.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for NFMH FC

kazenn  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job on Surfing with the allien dude... this score is impressive

also, good job on nothing 4 me here, not the best path, but who cares
GT: kazendrix150
Master-Tesuch: ..Actually, GH FC choke vids and porno's have quite a few similarities; there's usually a lot of screaming, they both look faked until something goes horribly wrong, and, when people in each vid mess up, they always restart.

LOL dude...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kazendrix15
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for NotB FC

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is my thread invisible or something lol

Shade  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job on the NOTB FC and Surfing with the Alien! I cant believe you Fced Every Trill!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: colsanders
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Bump for Don't Hold Back FC.

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for FCPREMIX and The Way It Ends 100%.

Tecu  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can feel your pain. I have both a -1 run and a -2 run on F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. - both having choked on the mosh solo Q.Q
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Vigget being a douche.

LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit if i ever run into vigget i'm going to just yell at him the entire match

i feel really bad for you mean, but just don't take it too seriously, you'll just get it on a random run someday, just work on some other stuff lol

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
activeskater66  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your name should be more like I hate The Way It Ends after choking that many times. Also, I feel bad for you about that XBL match. If that was me I would have found out where that guy lived and kick him in the nuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: