ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Flood! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parryz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Flood! Help! Reply with quote

Well, today i went back to a song I had failed ages ago and couldn't even pass mosh 1 when i tried it before.
Went back today, and after a few attempts I was passing mosh1 with ease with SP. Sometimes almost without the SP. Now I hit flood - with 3 bars of SP as I can consistently hit the SP phrases before it - and its just mad. I cant trill that fast, so I try overstrumming and fail after one or two trills. SP doesnt seem to last any time at all. Any hints or tips please?
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want to try to do is be able to pass Mosh 1 without using star power. That will help with flood because you'll have a full bar instead of 3/4. For the common trills, shift up into third position. That means your index finger is anchoring (holding down) yellow, and use your middle finger to trill blue as fast as you can. Strum about as fast as One's Darkess Riff (the part with the fast greens, then a chord) and flail your middle finger as fast as you can. You want to shift up into third position because for most people, their middle finger is faster than their ring finger.

For Mosh 1, don't even worry about the strummed notes and chords. Only focus on the two sets of descending quads. If you hit those, and miss the couple notes in between, your rock meter will stay at the top.

When you get to Flood! with a full bar of star power, I suggest you activate at the beginning of the longest YB trill, which starts immediately after the long red sustain.

Welcome to Scorehero! I suggest you read this thread, this thread, and all of the announcements in each forum. Good luck!

Last edited by NfskMjmMal2 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
K81o7  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be strumming to much that you're forgetting to actually trill. Remember, the timing window is big enough that you could probably strum at quarter note speed and flail on the trill, and hit much more than you might think. The reason SP lasts so little time is because Flood! is all over 250 BPM (except the strumming at the start, but that's not really relevant I think). So you may want to save the SP for the last three trills, where it's at 300+ BPM, but if you trill as quickly as you can, and strum every four notes or so, you'll probably find you don't really need SP.

Recent accomplishments:
TTFAF 800k [X]
Recently got consistent on Herman's/Sam's solos! Got a run with 464k by synth, but then botched it...850k soon.
Parryz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot I managed to pass it on 83%

I found that the main problem with the trills was solved with the anchoring, and although i did get into the red with Flood I managed just.

Now to get 4* then 5*

Ooh since Im here, to save making a thread, I have a question about One.

How do I manage the insanely fast triplet hammer on? Even with full SP and alt strumming to keep going I fail very quickly.

Thanks for any input
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parryz wrote:
How do I manage the insanely fast triplet hammer on? Even with full SP and alt strumming to keep going I fail very quickly.

Thanks for any input

Actually, a full bar of star power will last you through Fast Solo A (that's what the section name is). If you activate at the very beginning, star power will last a little bit after it ends.

You know that they are ascending triplets (sets of three notes going left to right). Don't try to play them as ascending triplets if you are. Completely spam the correct three frets and strum as fast as you did for Flood! If those two things don't help you, then you can other, more extreme techniques.

Flip your hand over, and play "piano style". First position in piano style would be your pinky on red up to your index finger on blue, etc. I'm not sure why, but this helps your fingers move faster; you can sometimes get almost 10% more notes hit this way. As always, only use your index, middle, and ring fingers to hit the notes; sliding your hand is much more effective than trying to use your pinky, which is almost always a pretty slow finger.

Another method is to try to not hit all of the notes. Allow me to explain. Play normally, but only try to hit two out of the three notes. Anchor the lowest note, and trill the upper one. Don't worry about the highest one. Just treat it simply like a strum note to a single hammer-on. So, if this is charted:

You could try to play it like this:

You should be able to hit just about all of those, and using star power, it will be more than enough to keep your rock meter at the top. You don't need to strum as fast if you do this because there are less notes; strum a but slower. Good luck .
Parryz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a couple of tries where I accidentally let of star power during the Darknes Riff and died at FSA I tried the spammage method and it worked Thanks a bunch mate, now of to face Lou.

What I relly hate about One is the hard part is ages into the song - playing a long boring bit to play the hard bit you keep failing at is a pain in the arse.

Thanks a lot for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: